• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Wildlands Trailer – We Are Ghosts

jesu

The fact that there already are fully printed and folded game maps could mean this game is closer than we think, I suppose?

Looks like in game graphics to me, not a physical map.
I haven't watched the video though, might be wrong!

Gaz_RB

Yeah but it'll be in a huge open world with vehicles, and different climates, and you can use stealth, and there's ADS, and hopefully there won't be bullet sponges, and you won't fall asleep, etc.

There god damn better not be bullet sponges. I've had enough bullet sponges for the rest of my life after the Division.

Keasar

An ARMA-like experience with some of the sterile sim aspects removed?

enhanced-buzz-12717-1425690141-17.jpg

header.jpg

Boom.

Not singleplayer but pretty much what you asked. It's still kinda sim but way more arcadeish than ArmA.

SJRB

Gold Member
I wasn't sure if this was going to be like The Division where an online connection was required to play even if you wanted to play solo.

If you play solo the other squad members are AI, but [supposedly] you can co-op with three others.

As far as I'm aware there is no "always-online" stuff like The Division, because this game is more straightforward [e.g. no dedicated PvE/PvP zones and stuff like that].

Erban1

I'm reading reports that this supports offline play as well as multiplayer, has this been confirmed by Ubisoft?

If so, Day 1

Should be...if you aren't playing with friends the rest of your squad is AI controlled.

Really can't wait for this one, hopefully we get a beta at some point.

The trailer looks interesting but tells me nothing, except they're ghosts. So I can only deduce that Tom Clancy is going paranormal.

CHC

Looks like a great map. I hope the game is challenging and has a good mission preparation / get hyped type mechanic. I want this to be like MGSV, but with more variety and less shitty story. I really enjoyed picking your load out, landing zone, and route of approach in MGS, but the world in that game was SUPER boring.... No verticality, no variety of climates or base architecture.

Top Bottom