• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Wildlands |OT| Squad Goals

Kadin

How are any solo players enjoying it? My copy arrives on SAT, looking forward to it.
When I play solo, I seem to enjoy sticking to missions and plowing through that content. When I play with buddies, it's just all out mayhem wherever we end up going. Both of these are incredibly fun but in different ways.

The AI of your teammates during solo can be hit or miss but I'll say this, I've died way more than them and they always come to my rescue. If they'd just see it upon themselves to engage more on their own, I'd have no complaints.

Woo-Fu

Banned
RNm0WM9.jpg

"Are we there yet?"

Was looking at the map when the pilot bailed, came back to this.

GravyButt

Silly question time. I created my operative and loaded up the game for the first time but only got to play a few minutes. I only made one "outfit "

Is there a way to change it or create new ones? Also if so, can you do it at anytime or only certain areas?

Kadin

Silly question time. I created my operative and loaded up the game for the first time but only got to play a few minutes. I only made one "outfit "

Is there a way to change it or create new ones? Also if so, can you do it at anytime or only certain areas?
Yeah there is an option to 'Edit Appearance' but I don't remember off hand where it appears. I think it might be in the lobby screen. If playing on PC, click 'l' and look at the lower left of the screen. Or it might be in the load out screen.

Woo-Fu

Banned
Yeah there is an option to 'Edit Appearance' but I don't remember off hand where it appears. I think it might be in the lobby screen. If playing on PC, click 'l' and look at the lower left of the screen. Or it might be in the load out screen.

It is in lower left on load-out screen. Think it might be 'g' from that screen, or just click on the icon.

I think when you go to Loadout.

I still haven't got over how massive each section of Santa Blanca is in itself. IT's HUUUUGGGEEEE. I've taken down I want to say 7 cartel sub bosses. And I'm just loving the ever living fuck out of this game despite the similar mission structure. There is something so satisfying about sniping a dude from miles away.

void666

Banned

Just go to the skill or loadout screen and press triangle. You can change hair, tattoos, face paint. And you can have up to 6 clothing loadouts (special outfits). I have a ninja, a wookie, a demolition man, and a macho man.

Anyone got a decent sniper scope? None of them seem to oncrease the range that much. I wanna pull off 500m shots, dammit.

I've got a 6x scope on my sniper. I want better, but I can pull off 400M shots really easily. At least when they are standing still.

I haven't tried anything more than a 400M shot though. I'm curious how much that epic sniper perk helps.

DrBo42

I've got a 6x scope on my sniper. I want better, but I can pull off 400M shots really easily. At least when they are standing still.

I haven't tried anything more than a 400M shot though. I'm curious how much that epic sniper perk helps.

Can't imagine it really matters. In any case they despawn or exit your view distance somewhere between 700 and 800. Highest for me is 600 something so far.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Started playing this today for some mindless co-op shootbang action with my brother and it's surprisingly WAY jankier than I was expecting it to be.

Seems serviceable so far.

Was playing with my friend and for some reason, he became undetectable by the enemy AI after dying once. Thus a melee rampage ensued. He has a clip of it here.

A blast playing online with Belker and his friend.. Extreme difficulty and a UNIDAD base proved too much.. Advanced difficulty is much more my speed!

Man co-op is so good in this game. It's literally like co-op Mercenaries.. Which was my favorite game of that generation. Love it.

realwords

Man, that mission where you rob the bank in El Pupo's territory is a blast. Working your way in, taking out the Radar Jammer, then slowly disabling the alarms, placing a C4 on the generator to explode right before you enter the vault... this game's storyline is eh, but the stories you can make yourself with friends is unparalleled. Really enjoying this game.

Can't imagine it really matters. In any case they despawn or exit your view distance somewhere between 700 and 800. Highest for me is 600 something so far.

I did some testing solo and I was able to get a max of 600M on xbox one. One more meter back and my target would disappear from view. Does anyone know how much further back can you go on PC?

luulubuu

Not a great performance since I installed the latest drivers, I want to run a benchmark but somehow the option is no longer aviable for me in the options menu (_ _|||)

DrBo42

I did some testing solo and I was able to get a max of 600M on xbox one. One more meter back and my target would disappear from view. Does anyone know how much further back can you go on PC?

The 700-800m mark is from PC. Not sure what the exact is, it's something past 750 or around that.

Kadin

Not sure how many of you watch the videos as you get them but I just straight up saw a reference to 4chan. Kingslayer files can be pretty entertaining at times.

"THIS IS OPERATION KINGSLAYER, LISTEN UP...."

Argh, Ubi... don't blast me with an intro movie that can only be skipped by pressing ESC for three freaking seconds every time I start the game.

Shitballs

I know the writing gets a lot of crap but that's mostly because of the dialogue - the backstory is actually way more interesting than I thought it would be.

Really enjoy delving into the narco-economy with all its quirks, like the way religion, social media and culture are perverted by the cartel. If you accept the heightened reality of the game, the world building is nicely done.
Narcocorrido, wow

Still I would appreciate a voice pack that lets the operators talk like professionals instead of bloodthirsty teenagers.

Belker

A blast playing online with Belker and his friend.. Extreme difficulty and a UNIDAD base proved too much.. Advanced difficulty is much more my speed!

Man co-op is so good in this game. It's literally like co-op Mercenaries.. Which was my favorite game of that generation. Love it.

Yes, I had a great time last night. On that assault, I'm unsure about whether to go for extreme or advanced difficulty. I think I like the some of the tension that extreme seems to add, but it does slow the game down a lot and doesn't necessarily play well with the mechanics.

I've got the footage of us finding the Lilliputians on the street - and how one escaped a mortar strike that came out of nowhere and was not part of a Skyrim-style test to see what happened to NPCs. I can post it if consensus is the swearing and situation is OK for the forum.

Apologies to CrudeDiatribe from WildlandsGAF - I only saw you on as I was going to bed. If you see me in a party, do hop in. If we can't play we can at least say hello.

Dervius

Man, that mission where you rob the bank in El Pupo's territory is a blast. Working your way in, taking out the Radar Jammer, then slowly disabling the alarms, placing a C4 on the generator to explode right before you enter the vault... this game's storyline is eh, but the stories you can make yourself with friends is unparalleled. Really enjoying this game.

I believe Ubisoft said in a conference or something a few months ago that they're moving away from traditional stories in their games, and looking for for those emergent "player experience" stories.

This game seems to be a fairly good example of that.

Tecnniqe

Banned
I believe Ubisoft said in a conference or something a few months ago that they're moving away from traditional stories in their games, and looking for for those emergent "player experience" stories.

This game seems to be a fairly good example of that.
Much fun to be had going out doing your own things at your own phase while also having hilarious glitches and desync causing player avatars to spas out 😂

Fuck Unidad so much tho, patrols with laser eyes and they never stop coming either 😡

luulubuu

Much fun to be had going out doing your own things at your own phase while also having hilarious glitches and desync causing player avatars to spas out 😂

Fuck Unidad so much tho, patrols with laser eyes and they never stop coming either 😡

There's nothing better than going full stealth and a chopper see you from 3 KM far from you, I wish I could sync shot the pilot of the choppers.

I don't think i would change the difficulty. The pace and fluctuating success of the co op so far is just right. Two zones done, hours and hours of fun and exploring.

Just an incredible amount of beautiful scenery in this game. Everywhere you go there's a pocket of the map that looks like a postcard. The scale of mountains and high altitude bases is impressive.

8yBosak.gif

AsianOni

"THIS IS OPERATION KINGSLAYER, LISTEN UP...."

Argh, Ubi... don't blast me with an intro movie that can only be skipped by pressing ESC for three freaking seconds every time I start the game.

Shitballs

I ended renaming a bunch of video files, now the game starts faster than it can connects to Ubi servers.

Apologies to CrudeDiatribe from WildlandsGAF - I only saw you on as I was going to bed. If you see me in a party, do hop in. If we can't play we can at least say hello.

I would have- but I was five-more-minutesing it after I left a party chat with friends past my own needed bedtime. Oops.

How are any solo players enjoying it? My copy arrives on SAT, looking forward to it.

Depends on your style...

I am able to play stealth better as solo and am quite enjoying it.

As a coop it seems more relaxed and guns blazing (at least with my friends)

But both are really enjoyable.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
I've got about 10 hours in solo only. There's something about this game... it ticks a lot of boxes for me. Massive gorgeous world that rewards exploration, pretty damn good tactics- every base/settlement/etc needs different approaches and can be completed in many different ways.

It also isn't purely a stealth game or a full on assault game. You need to do both depending on the circumstances of the mission (either through choice or having your cover blown). This allows you to explore the entire breadth of the games' systems.

It has pulled me entirely away from Nier, Horizon and BOTW which I was absolutely loving as well.

Dubz

I've been playing for about 3 hours and still haven't found new guns. What should I be doing to get new weapons?

Weetrick

I've been playing for about 3 hours and still haven't found new guns. What should I be doing to get new weapons?

Find intel on your map (exclamation point in a white circle) to mark the location of new weapons. They appear as blue icons on the map. It's also how you locate weapon accessories, skill points and medals.

Top Bottom