• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Wildlands |OT| Squad Goals

Dervius

I want a sequel or expansion of this Ghost Recon with snowboards, wingsuits, skis, bicicles and ropes from helicopters to make the infiltrations even more fun.

Now, being more wishful if the game had some kind of survival aspect to it would make the whole experience even more memorable but also more tedious so i don't think they would ever add it to the game even in a sequel. Making camping and eating a part of the game mechanics would make a super memorable experience in my view, fast travel would come at the expence of some resource having as alternative making your way to the objective by foot or vehicle and having to eat and camp between destinations. This map just makes me want so many things in the game ...:V

while we are at it, let's add breach charges and rapeling in buildings.

Don't think survival really appeals to what the game is trying to do.

It really is like a tactical shooter playground rather than anything else. I feel as though camping and eating would be too heavily juxtaposed by spawning a helicopter adn immediately skydiving into a heavily fortified enemy base.

I'd kill for rappelling though.

Been tempted to pick this up. What level of player customization is there? If I can make my guy look exactly as I want that might put me over the edge.

The helicopters even have the rigging for fast roping. Fast roping + repelling would be fantastic additions, and would open up so many more tactics. HRST/SPIE would be really cool too, but I can see how that would be much harder to implement, especially since it requires precision helicopter controls. But getting to troll three friends hanging from the long line and smashing them into the side of a cliff would be pretty hilarious.

void666

Banned
Tempted to buy this now that ME has turned out to be a turkey. Worried its too generic though?

I'd describe this game as: Arma lite + mercenaries + MGSV + far cry + tom clancy "plausible" setting.
It's another ubisoft open world with the same objetives and side content copy pasted all over the map. But it's fun, believe me.
Wildlands has IMO the best open world map ever created. It's massive and each province has its own feel.

Been tempted to pick this up. What level of player customization is there? If I can make my guy look exactly as I want that might put me over the edge.

Just a few face presets, sex, hair/facial hair, tattoos, facial paint. But there's a lot of clothing and accessories options. Including camos, ghilie suits. You can make your character look silly or look like a pro.

Kyle549

Wildlands has IMO the best open world map ever created. It's massive and each province has its own feel. .

I completely agree. The scale and attention to detail in this world feels unprecedented to me - especially in the industrial areas. Not to mention that so many buildings can be entered and it does not feel like they are all the same.

Yeah, this is the first open world map that feels like you are actually in a vast country. The only injustice is that the repetitive mission structure doesn't honor the variety of each biome. I would love to see mission types that are unique to each area.

I love taking long flights and drives in this game, despite the control issues, simply because it looks so damn good and buzzing a long the varied terrain at low altitude is a thrill.

That seems to be a very solid patch.

Somehow over these many hours I've actually managed to get less bothered by the radio. I think unlocking all the narcocorridos helps with the variety, along with the different segments. Makes it so you have a little break between hearing the same thing over and over and over and over again. Though I don't think I'll mind not hearing the Bossy lady again.

I wonder if you disable all radios, if you can still listen to it in the car if you want?

Hopefully we'll get another title update that adds features soon.

OMG yes please. Night time in this game is the worst, and it lasts a long fucking time.

Night time is objectively THE BEST! (for infiltration)

But everyone has their preferences.. it would be nice to set (or wait) for time of day, but the days (and nights) seem to run pretty quick as is. I'd actually prefer being able to wait/set time, but also make the normal day/night cycle longer.

Most times I do a night assault and by the time I'm done in the base my NVG are bugging out due to the sun coming up.

Just a few face presets, sex, hair/facial hair, tattoos, facial paint. But there's a lot of clothing and accessories options. Including camos, ghilie suits. You can make your character look silly or look like a pro.

Cool- clothing/accessories and the like are what I'm most interested in.

Kadin

Pretty impressed that they were so quick to implement turning off that damned radio and also being able to set the vehicle you prefer via the rebel support. Already enjoying the shit out of the game, this makes me even happier.

Pretty impressed that they were so quick to implement turning off that damned radio and also being able to set the vehicle you prefer via the rebel support. Already enjoying the shit out of the game, this makes me even happier.
Seriously? Are there some new patch notes?

Edit: Found em, here. On PC now, and releasing to console versions on the 23rd.

- Fixed an occasional instant game-over when falling off a dirt bike.
lol

- Added a feature allowing the player to mute every radio in-game.
SjX4a05.gif

And also the ability to wait/choose time of day. An small elite team should be able to carefully plan their approach, including what time they attack.

I kinda like the game forcing you to adapt, actually. High noon? Best not take on Unidad, let's go and get that weapon. By then it'll be 6pm, and then we can infil. Etc.

Option would be nice, I guess.

Peroroncino

Seriously? Are there some new patch notes?

Edit: Found em, here. On PC now, and releasing to console versions on the 23rd.

lol

SjX4a05.gif

Whoa, this is amazing, it's practically all I've wanted fixed, except for this me and my friends are still unable to do a takedown on sleeping enemis [PS4], but only if they sleep on the bed, if they sleep on the ground it's all fine, lol.

Edit: oh, and the fuckin' auto-cover still stops working sometimes

calder

The ability to choose my rebel vehicle will mean I'll wait for the patch tomorrow before I continue playing. Thank you Skinny Lady!

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Night time is objectively THE BEST! (for infiltration)

But everyone has their preferences.. it would be nice to set (or wait) for time of day, but the days (and nights) seem to run pretty quick as is. I'd actually prefer being able to wait/set time, but also make the normal day/night cycle longer.

Most times I do a night assault and by the time I'm done in the base my NVG are bugging out due to the sun coming up.

Fast travelling makes time pass... the further you go, the more time passes. It's a hacky way to "pass time" if you want to.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
I really hope Ubi finally gets a clue when the #1 requested feature of their game is to disable the radio so we don't have to listen to their fucking awful writing.

Stop approving the writing, Ubi. Get new writers.

I really hope Ubi finally gets a clue when the #1 requested feature of their game is to disable the radio so we don't have to listen to their fucking awful writing.

Stop approving the writing, Ubi. Get new writers.

I actually think its relatively interesting. The quips are sometimes dumb, but other times I find myself actually laughing. I think if it wasn't so repetitive it would be better. If you ONLY heard it while in the car, it would be a lot more acceptable. Hearing it in the car, in the base, in the building, in the farm, on the road.. it wears thin. They needed more viarety. I thought the Cartel 'interviews' were cool world building, just tired of hearing the same thing over and over again. QUINOA!

The interviews your CIA handler does are at times funny, sometimes scary, and usually borderline psychotic. I like it.

I like the stupid soldier anecdotes— but I wish they were sync'd between the clients in a game so we would all hear the same stupid anecdote.

Hearing the same provincial/mission setup dialogue on every spawn at a safe house ('quinoa'!) and the same talkbreaks on every radio over and over and over is just too much.

Kadin

I actually think its relatively interesting. The quips are sometimes dumb, but other times I find myself actually laughing. I think if it wasn't so repetitive it would be better. If you ONLY heard it while in the car, it would be a lot more acceptable. Hearing it in the car, in the base, in the building, in the farm, on the road.. it wears thin. They needed more viarety. I thought the Cartel 'interviews' were cool world building, just tired of hearing the same thing over and over again. QUINOA!

The interviews your CIA handler does are at times funny, sometimes scary, and usually borderline psychotic. I like it.
I never get tired of hearing my teammate bitch about how I won't let him drive "just because of that one time..."

Yeah okay I do.

Yeah, I'm fine with most of the dialogue and actually like some of the conversations, and especially the videos.

I didn't have a problem with the radios at first, but when you're sneaking through a town or base that's filled with the radios every 15 feet as well as elevated speakers attached to light posts, its just too much. You're trying to pass on info to your co-op buddies, which soldiers are where, when to sync shots, how clear areas look, etc. and you've got this crazy radio chatter going on from every fucking angle. It becomes maddening once you decide to start shooting the things, because the more you shoot, the more you find.

So its not even that the radio stuff is horrible, its just that its often unavoidable overkill.

As a player who destroys every last radio I find, I appreciate the update to turn em off in this latest patch.

void666

Banned
I think the radio is fine. But since there's not much content in it your hear the same lines over and over again. Then your turn off the radio but there are hundreds of radios around you. In every building, every corner. You can't avoid it.

zorbsie

Love the mute all radios. That is just amazing! Now the only ask I would have is a proper photomode. I know it's an impossible ask, but I love taking photos in open world games.

Guy.brush

What are the chances UBISOFT acquires the TERMINATOR license and does kind of a BLOOD DRAGON style spin-off, only serious, with a 4 player Tech-Com unit infiltrating Skynet bases and working their way towards the Cheyenne mountain complex?
I'd terminate for a game like that. Proper T1-T2 future war in a big open world with vehicular mayhem.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I'm getting so fucking pissed off. Every time I fast travel or fail a mission, when I load in the game spawns two truck loads of fucking fully-aggro assholes right on top of me.

Every. Fucking. Time.

If I sprint off immediately into a field or forest (it takes 5-10 seconds for them to spawn) they will still be full-aggro and know my exact position. If I kill them (difficult playing solo extreme zero-hud) they fucking spawn again!

What the goddamn fuck man. Every time I try to play this game I have to turn it off in frustration and disgust. This used to happen every three or four fast travels. And I'd have to quit the application. Now it's nearly every goddamn time. I'm furious.

Kadin

I'm getting so fucking pissed off. Every time I fast travel or fail a mission, when I load in the game spawns two truck loads of fucking fully-aggro assholes right on top of me.

Every. Fucking. Time.

If I sprint off immediately into a field or forest (it takes 5-10 seconds for them to spawn) they will still be full-aggro and know my exact position. If I kill them (difficult playing solo extreme zero-hud) they fucking spawn again!

What the goddamn fuck man. Every time I try to play this game I have to turn it off in frustration and disgust. This used to happen every three or four fast travels. And I'd have to quit the application. Now it's nearly every goddamn time. I'm furious.
Never had a single occurrence of this happening to me or my group of friends I play with. So when you fast travel to one of the many established locations, where there should only be rebels, you're getting multiple spawns of enemies? Not sure wtf is going on there but that isn't right. Does this happen both solo and co-op?

Are these Unidad (purple on the map)? Those fuckers will continue to pour in once you're fully engaged and only drop off when you outrun them completely like you would with the cops in GTA games.

Evolved1

Never had a single occurrence of this happening to me or my group of friends I play with. So when you fast travel to one of the many established locations, where there should only be rebels, you're getting multiple spawns of enemies? Not sure wtf is going on there but that isn't right. Does this happen both solo and co-op?
I was playing co-op with a friend the other night and it happened. It kept occurring after we failed a mission too. We'd spawn a little way off from the area we died, and 5-10 seconds later two white trucks full of aggros would appear out of thin air, right on top of us. If they killed us, as we tried to run away, it'd bring us back and happen again.

Now today, playing solo, it's occurring near-constantly.

I'm just beside myself... shit is unplayable. Even if I escape the group/area... they come back. It's like "It Follows" the game.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
You tried uninstalling the game? Sounds like something may have corrupted, hopefully not your character save.

----

I see more DLC has popped up. Army vehicles, veteran ghosts and military patches. Thats another £10/$15 lol.

Kadin

I was playing co-op with a friend the other night and it happened. It kept occurring after we failed a mission too. We'd spawn a little way off from the area we died, and 5-10 seconds later two white trucks full of aggros would appear out of thin air, right on top of us. If they killed us, as we tried to run away, it'd bring us back and happen again.

Now today, playing solo, it's occurring near-constantly.

I'm just beside myself... shit is unplayable. Even if I escape the group/area... they come back. It's like "It Follows" the game.
This is really bizarre. I also added another line in my post which you might have missed btw. Any chance you can capture one of these occurrences and post it to take a look at? I'd be curious to see how they're spawning into a rebel camp, etc.

Evolved1

This is really bizarre. I also added another line in my post which you might have missed btw. Any chance you can capture one of these occurrences and post it to take a look at? I'd be curious to see how they're spawning into a rebel camp, etc.
Sure. Wont be tonight though. Almost saved the last one but I was swearing too much lol too embarassing to upload.

Keihart

Rivatuner stoped working for me after the update so i'm back to caping at 30 but having ocasional screen tearing or using vertical sync and having jarring fluctuations between 60 and 30.

I want my locked smooth 30 fps back :c

phant0m

Tempted to buy this now that ME has turned out to be a turkey. Worried its too generic though?

Not an issue if you have friends to play with. It's a a big fun sandbox where a lot of fun organic stuff happens when you play together. Not worth it playing solo or pub/randos.

Get on headset and call your targets, call your shots and blow shit up with your friends.

Top Bottom