• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Wildlands |OT| Squad Goals

I have no idea. The bosses can be taken down in any order. It said the final boss was available, we selected the mission, and now we're doing it. At the rush to the location stage. I guess somebody in the Co-Op session had done all the bosses? I'm on level 7.

I think the prerequisites are bugged. Missions you shouldn't be allowed to do should be white instead of yellow if you join them, but on one save I have the head of one of the four operations finished even though none of their minions (buchons or underboss) have been dealt with.

Belker

I think HUD options are independent of difficulty, but even if you turn off marking then be aware that using a drone will still mark enemies on the minimap.

Jtrizzy

Is there any way to choose where vehicles are dropped from the Rebels? I get helicopters dropped in the places that cause them to explode or sometimes far away from my location.

Also really wish there were more options with the ots/scope aim. I roll with an ar that I want to not ads by default, but I also have sniper rifle that I'd like it to default to ads.

Wish you didn't have to aim be aiming to change to the grenade launcher as well, but I'm not sure what they alternative is. They have done a pretty great job with the control scheme overall imo.

Belker

Is there any way to choose where vehicles are dropped from the Rebels? I get helicopters dropped in the places that cause them to explode or sometimes far away from my location.

QUOTE]

Juliet been patched in. On console highlight the vehicle drop-off and beneath it will be a left/right dpad icon allowing you to choose.

I'm drunk (IRL, squinting with one eye to type) and I just drove 4.75 km to a location to kill a bad guys and fuck, this game is awesome

So much drama just driving from point a to b with rebels, unidad, etc

shanafan

Just started playing tonight (single player) and absolutely loving it so far. It feels like the Division, but with the added team-based mechanics. Love having a huge map with so many things to do.

Anyways, I like using the drone alot to tag enemies for my team members to kill. Why does this feel like an easy method to clear out areas? I bet using the drone to tag won't always be this easy.. ;)

You can turn off markers on any difficulty.
You can select where to drop a vehicle whilst you are holding down the cursor on the Rebel Vehicle option, as with a mortar.

I was more disturbed by your inability to hop that fence.

FBI-fence-jump.gif

I've been trying to use the app and not having much success with it.

Do you always have to have the game running and on the same connection? It keeps desyncing even if I have both running on the same connection either way.

Also when it asks me to select a rally point, how do I finalize it and start the mission? Nothing seems to happen after I've picked the rally point.

Kadin

You can turn off markers on any difficulty.
You can select where to drop a vehicle whilst you are holding down the cursor on the Rebel Vehicle option, as with a mortar.
How do you indicate where to drop it, there is no visible white shaded area like there is for mortars - at least that I can see.

How do you indicate where to drop it, there is no visible white shaded area like there is for mortars - at least that I can see.

You cant pick a spot. Just try to be in as open an area as possible to reduce the likelihood it drops somewhere that will make it unusable

Was not expecting to like this game as much I do. The world is actually pretty fucking detailed and varied. I really enjoy just walking through the little towns watching the citizens do their task.

Mossybrew

"Operation Kingslayer has all the makings of a political mess..."

"OK let's focus on the mission..."

"I'm not sure Bowman understands who we are..."

At this point I assume my game has been permanently bugged from the beginning. I hear one of these three dialogues every time I

- Start a game
- Fast travel
- Respawn after death

I mean, this can't be the developers' intention that I hear these same three lines literally hundreds of times, right? Is this the same for everyone else?

At this point I assume my game has been permanently bugged from the beginning. I hear one of these three dialogues every time I

- Start a game
- Fast travel
- Respawn after death

I mean, this can't be the developers' intention that I hear these same three lines literally hundreds of times, right? Is this the same for everyone else?

Not I get it too but a different dialogue. Im getting the one about the quinoa and before that it was one constantly about dj perico.

Its def sonething they need to patch but right now its a net gain fir me as all of the other constant banter and army/marines jokes from my squadmates seems to have stopped when this started

Not I get it too but a different dialogue. Im getting the one about the quinoa and before that it was one constantly about dj perico.

Its def sonething they need to patch but right now its a net gain fir me as all of the other constant banter and army/marines jokes from my squadmates seems to have stopped when this started
Isn't it always banter about your next story mission in the province you started in? Or maybe just the last uncompleted story mission banter again - to remind you of what you're doing?

That's been the case for my anyway.

Isn't it always banter about your next story mission in the province you started in? Or maybe just the last uncompleted story mission banter again - to remind you of what you're doing?

That's been the case for my anyway.

There seems to be triggers where some go off when you get close in proximity to the relevant area but one sequence of dialogue will continue to repeat no matter where you go on the map constantly

Samikaze

- Start a game
- Fast travel
- Respawn after death

I get this a lot for stealing a high end boat from El Cerebro.

"dude I'm in the desert. We stole that boat days ago..."

For me, every time I complete the mission they're talking about the dialog changes.

When the quinoa kept repeating.. I finally went and blew that place up and never heard the dialog again.

Since you can be working on multiple provinces at the same time, I imagine it's pretty easy to forget there is a mission the game expects you to be completing.

Or with coop you can do a mission out of order so you may not even know you've got another mission maybe?

So I'm a little confused on the Unidad Forces...

Are we supposed to just never outright ever kill them? .... or just be very careful about it?

They're corrupt Military essentially right?

Are we supposed to just never outright ever kill them? .... or just be very careful about it?

I always kill them. I don't know wtf is going on in this game. If it ain't blue or green on the minimap I'm gonna shoot at it or loot it.

They'll kill you in a flat second or call the whole damn army in on you immediately on sight, so avoid them if that's doable or take them down if they're in your way. No compunction about taking them out if you can do it without them raising the alarm.

They're pretty much the cops in a GTA game, only they're sometimes peaceful with Santa Blanca, provided the area is quiet. Once any shots are fired UNIDAD goes in on anybody and everybody.

They'll kill you in a flat second or call the whole damn army in on you immediately on sight, so avoid them if that's doable or take them down if they're in your way. No compunction about taking them out if you can do it without them raising the alarm.

They're pretty much the cops in a GTA game, only they're sometimes peaceful with Santa Blanca, provided the area is quiet. Once any shots are fired UNIDAD goes in on anybody and everybody.

Yeah, they are super aggressive. I use the light machine gun against them because it's strong against choppers.

Freeman76

3 hours in, starting to feel the draw, its giving me good vibes. That 2.5/10 review is insane, I mean I could see people giving it 5 or 6 if its not for them, but 2.5 is just ludicrous. Enough to make me never trust Destructoid in future as they must be on some other shit.

Kadin

I usually avoid Unidad troops at all costs but sometimes they just get involved during a firefight and it seems like the only thing you can do is just run away because they'll just keep on coming. I do think there's been a time or two where I killed all of them in one shot (grenade launcher) and then it went to 'hunted' and they stopped. But 9x out of 10, I'm hoofing it until it says "Unidad Patrol Lost" or something like that.

I always kill them. I don't know wtf is going on in this game. If it ain't blue or green on the minimap I'm gonna shoot at it or loot it.

Thanks guys!

Guess I'll cap them if I have no real choice or they're preventing me from completing an objective.
The 1st time I had to infiltrate one of their bases tho, I completely stealthed it and ran off.... cause, well, I didn't know and it was fun anyway

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Just got a few 660-700 m shots earlier. Gonna try for 800 m then 1 km if I can find a suitable target.

Anyone got close to 1 km?

2QfFFJK.gif

I just had a moment where I was flying over a convoy in a helicopter and letting my ai squad blow the trucks up, then the guy that I was chasing abandoned his truck and ran into a nearby farm and stole a tractor. I watched the whole thing in night vision while hovering right over him in my helicopter. It looked like footage from Cops.

Belker

I just had a moment where I was flying over a convoy in a helicopter and letting my ai squad blow the trucks up, then the guy that I was chasing abandoned his truck and ran into a nearby farm and stole a tractor. I watched the whole thing in night vision while hovering right over him in my helicopter. It looked like footage from Cops.

We had a mission a while back where we had to capture a lieutenant who kept running away. After multiple attempts I decided to hide in the boot of the car he took so I could pop out and get him at the right time.

He ran past the car I was hiding in and got in a different one.

As an side, I should be well enough to play again towards the end of the week. I've been missing people with the people here.

B00TE

Picked this up over the weekend to play with my brother, it continually amazes me how much fun I have in this in both solo and co-op. I'm not playing it a ton (still playing through Mass Effect) but it's actually pretty okay for hopping on, doing some missions and hopping off. Gunplay feels really good. Might play on extreme once I get my bearings, on Advanced now.

Just got a few 660-700 m shots earlier. Gonna try for 800 m then 1 km if I can find a suitable target.

Anyone got close to 1 km?

2QfFFJK.gif

I want to get in on this but I still am stuck with the acog scope. Went to a territory where a scope was supposed to be and got nothing. I picked up every weapons package, so I dont know why it wasnt where it told me to search.

So i just started playing this and I'm wondering how dark is this supposed to be at night... Is there an hdr problem? Also it seems to have that same problem that infamous first light had... Like also in ghost recon when moving the camera lighting uncharacteristically goes from light to darker.... Is there a setting i should tweak?

So i just started playing this and I'm wondering how dark is this supposed to be at night... Is there an hdr problem? Also it seems to have that same problem that infamous first light had... Like also in ghost recon when moving the camera lighting uncharacteristically goes from light to darker.... Is there a setting i should tweak?
It can get very dark at night, darker than most games I've played, making night vision and/or thermal a must.

When you say HDR problem do you have a TV that supports HDR?

Also its one of the few games where I need to use night vision. (I have a HDR tv and havent noticed any issue).

Top Bottom