• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Hardy to star in Sony's 'Venom', Ruben Fleischer (Zombieland) to direct

LiK

http://variety.com/2017/film/news/t...ider-man-director-ruben-fleischer-1202418721/

Tom Hardy is on board to star in Sony’s long-awaited “Spider-Man” spinoff “Venom,” with “Zombieland” helmer Ruben Fleischer on board to direct.

While “Spider-Man: Homecoming” is still two months away from opening, Sony is acting quickly to build its extended universe, which starts with the “Venom” movie.

While the studio has been meeting with directors for some time, the actor selection process sped up after Hardy exited J.C. Chandor’s action-thriller “Triple Frontier,” and Sony saw an opportunity to go after an in-demand talent.

Fleischer showcased his ability to bring together dark themes with humor in “Zombieland” and according to sources, Hardy is a huge fan of Venom.

Websling me if old.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Oh no baby, what is you doing?

Blader

This is really happening, isn't it?

The appeal of Hardy as Venom is kind of instantly offset by the director choice.

Shaanyboi

Banned
This isn't supposed to be separate from the MCU, right?

...Right?

tumblr_mj60njKDal1r61a7no4_250.gif

Great news!

Glad that Sony is continuing on with this, I'd like to look forward to a Spiderverse film since I have 0 faith in Marvel, and every bit of news on this film makes it sound infinitely more awesome

phanphare

Banned
Sony fucking up something related to the Spider Man franchise?

I'm shocked

at least tom hardy is a better fit than fucking topher grace. who thought that was a good idea?

Corpekata

Banned
Better (and older) actor than I was expecting.

Though Hardy seems to get attached to a lot of stuff that doesn't get made like the Splinter Cell movie.

Top Bottom