• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tomb Raider - New Info and More Coming - 100,000 Facebook Likes For A Teaser

0svFT.png

Zefah said:
Because it's absolutely fucking ridiculous and backwards.

These companies are supposed to be promoting their games with these marketing materials, not doling them out to 'loyal fans' who are willing to do something that benefits the company. It's reversing the relationship. Now the customers have to serve the corporations trying to sell them shit? What the hell?

It's sickening, really. People are "working" simply to be advertised to. It's even worse than exclusive demos, or beta access for pre-ordering.
You speak the truth.

So annoying.

sublimit

Banned
Zefah said:
Because it's absolutely fucking ridiculous and backwards.

These companies are supposed to be promoting their games with these marketing materials, not doling them out to 'loyal fans' who are willing to do something that benefits the company. It's reversing the relationship. Now the customers have to serve the corporations trying to sell them shit? What the hell?

It's sickening, really. People are "working" simply to be advertised to. It's even worse than exclusive demos, or beta access for pre-ordering.

You'll be amazed how many people don't even realize this.I think as time passes people are getting more and more brainwashed becoming marketing tools without even realizing it.

daffy

Banned
oh lawd, how ever will we stop these evil corporations from controlling our grueling mouse clicks

I can't stop myself from hitting the like button at every occasion, nooooo

A slave to the promos of society waaah wahhh
sublimit said:
You'll be amazed how many people don't even realize this.I think as time passes people are getting more and more brainwashed becoming marketing tools without even realizing it.
Speaking of marketing tools without realizing it, just wait until you see the Tomb Raider |OT|

sublimit

Banned
FTH said:
Speaking of marketing tools without realizing it, just wait until you see the Tomb Raider |OT|

There is a huge difference of a thread for fans to discuss a game that they like or not,with shit like this.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
I'll post my reply when I get 1,000,000 facebook likes

I'm not even going to post a link. You have to find it and then like it.

They're at 9,592 likes so far. So it's very unlikely that we're going to get that teaser. But they're supposed to be showing stuff at different "milestones" along the way. I guess we could see one of those.

SolidSnakex said:
They're at 9,592 likes so far. So it's very unlikely that we're going to get that teaser. But they're supposed to be showing stuff at different "milestones" along the way. I guess we could see one of those.

We will see ALL of them, and they will come at the exact same time we would have seen them regardless of "likes" or not.

The whole "like" thing is a grand case of blulshit from every company that does it.

Of course, PR would have liked more "likes." but the content of their PR plan would never change because of what does(n't) happen on Facebook.

rdrr gnr

SolidSnakex said:
I don't have a Facebook account so I don't understand the benefit behind doing this. To me it seems like they would generate a lot more hype and interest in something if they simply posted a video on YouTube. Instead they ask for Likes and it seems like they some times can't even hit the number that they set. So in the end they upset their fanbase.
I'm in the same boat here.

Maffis

They should bump it down to 20k. I mean really, 5 days to get 90k more? It would've made more sense to start it months ago.

Better to just wait until the second of June.

Firebrand

This is probably the one game I'm looking forward to seeing more of at E3. After three games I think it's a good idea to reboot and change it up a little, I just hope they don't make it too different. Certainly hope the early survival/horror rumors turn out to be incorrect. Focus still ought to be on exploration, puzzling and platforming, I hope there's plenty of all that. As for Metroidvania elements, hell yes, that makes anything better.

Just finished another co-op run through Guardian of Light, I wouldn't mind a sequel to that as well...

jbttwin

Maffis said:
They should bump it down to 20k. I mean really, 5 days to get 90k more? It would've made more sense to start it months ago.

Better to just wait until the second of June.

lol even 20k seems like a stretch at this point.

Point is, SE's PR team had no intention of releasing a teaser. This is just promo for them. Oh well, I wanna see the teaser but I know I'll have to wait.

Salaadin

CrystalDKarl
Karl Stewart
@tombraider fans, Facebook goodie coming soon. We'll let you know when it's up in the next hour or so.

15 mins ago.

cackhyena

Tricky I Shadow said:
Like, gameplay? Or is it the CG stuff. As pretty as this CG can look ( and does from stills) like, seriously, who gives a fuck. Show me what I'd be playing, please. PLEASE!

cackhyena said:
Like, gameplay? Or is it the CG stuff. As pretty as this CG can look ( and does from stills) like, seriously, who gives a fuck. Show me what I'd be playing, please. PLEASE!

It'll all be CG....and more than likely be only 50 seconds of CG to boot. If you want a gameplay blowout you're gonna have to wait till E3. This is just a really tiny small taste.

Grisby

cackhyena said:

I do, after the deus ex trailer it would be cool to see what Tomb Raider would look like with crazy expensive visuals.

cackhyena

Guess I'm waiting till the E3 reveal, then. CG does nothing for me. My tastes have changed since the days of FFs wowing us with CG. I want more immersion with in game cut scenes and promos. Seeing the stills, the game has to look unbelievable to compete and that's a disparity I hate seeing when the engine is shown. It can't match up. Feels like devs really do themselves a disservice with that type of stuff. Eh.

Yoshiya

Can't wait for the trailer; it might even be as stunning as last year's Deus Ex piece. I really hope it makes it to the public in source 1080p form as it for DX. I don't care about an 800MB download when it looks that nice.

1stStrike

Banned
Personally, I don't mind a bit of eye candy. I just don't expect the game to look or play like the CG. But, yeah, I do love me some CG in games.

cackhyena

1stStrike said:
Personally, I don't mind a bit of eye candy. I just don't expect the game to look or play like the CG. But, yeah, I do love me some CG in games.
Kojima spoiled me with the MGS series. Can't go back now.

Tricky I Shadow said:
It'll all be CG....and more than likely be only 50 seconds of CG to boot. If you want a gameplay blowout you're gonna have to wait till E3. This is just a really tiny small taste.
Are they gonna show GP at e3? I pretty much assumed the CG tease is all we'd see.

Top Bottom