• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami on right now!? Is this an April Fool's troll?

Status
Not open for further replies.
On one hand bringing back Toonami would be a pretty good idea to get more exposure for Funimation, since the Funimation channel got dropped by Verizon, on the other hand this mostly seems to be shows they aren't doing anything with.

shakingandcrying-1.gif

Ezalc

One of you motherfuckers better be recording this shit! I can't watch and the fact that this is all happening is setting fire to my soul and dancing on its' ashes. I hate all of you, I love Toonami.

Should have aired G Gundam instead of Wing.

BROKEN DREAMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It did? I stopped watching when they dropped Hey Arnold out of the rotation for Clarissa (I didn't mind Clarissa, but didn't want to watch it.) But it was such an impossible-to-mess up formula. What did they do?

And yeah, it was an awesome idea that CN should replicate.

Kept showing Keenan and kel and all that every night, never introduced a lot of the old shows they teased during the previews and teasers. Then started showing the newer episodes of some shows. It still airs though but I don't care. Toonami though I'd make an effort to watch it.

I don't think they're gonna repeat what was shown already since they usually repeat at 2 but since outlaw star comes on at 2 we may be in for some other toonami shows.

Tuck

Any new bumpers? Have they made mention to why they are doing this? Or is it basically just a flashback thing?

B.K.

Everyone can go do something else for the next 30 minutes. OVA 3 is fucking horrible. You're better off not watching even this one episode.

Have they made mention to why they are doing this?

April Fool's. No The Room this year. We get Toonami instead!

Junie12

I have these shows recorded on my old video cassettes, with commercials and all...

I'm gonna watch them tomorrow.

If I can find them T_T

Why wouldn't they bring this back? I mean I think any kid could totally get into this today, as long as it looks cool. Which it still does.

Because anime failed to blow up in the US like everyone thought it would. Toonami is very much of a certain time and of a certain place and sadly, there's no replicating it today.

Seda

One of you motherfuckers better be recording this shit! I can't watch and the fact that this is all happening is setting fire to my soul and dancing on its' ashes. I hate all of you, I love Toonami.

I should re-watch that sometime. All I remember from it is...

ERUPTING

BURNING

FINGER!!!!!

EYEL1NER

I don't know about that...
While I love the G Gundam (unlike most people), Wing put Gundam on the map here and is 'vintage' Toonami, along with DBZ. I think it was the better choice.

Edgeward

I would...but I'd rather not. Game is relentless.

It only got real brutal in end of the second arc, which you then had to depend on cheap tactics with carriers and fighters. Other than that, the game was an amazing experience and I've yet to find a game like it.

Izick

Because anime failed to blow up in the US like everyone thought it would. Toonami is very much of a certain time and of a certain place and sadly, there's no replicating it today.

You really don't think that it could be successful on Saturday nights at least? I think the audience is there.

Ezalc

I don't know about that...
While I love the G Gundam (unlike most people), Wing put Gundam on the map here and is 'vintage' Toonami, along with DBZ. I think it was the better choice.

I suppose so, it's not like I'm there to watch it either way :[

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom