• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT2| Time to Push the Button

Status
Not open for further replies.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Note: During this whole time, Ed is supposed to be in the Southern HQ meeting up with Armstrong and Bradley.

Bones completely rushed this.

GaimeGuy

Note: In the manga, Izumi's the first one to go try to rescue al, and she gets her hand broken trying to fight Greed. She tells Ed when he comes back from south HQ with Armstrong and Bradley, and Ed goes rushing in to fight Greed (With ARmstrong and Bradley and a unit of troops following behind).

Next ep, Bradley and Armstrong kind of just show up since Bones cut out the whole Ed going to south HQ thing.

GaimeGuy

wow, they cut it that much from the manga? guess they figured the original followed it closely enough and nobody wanted to watch that again?

No, it's more that they probably set a goal of getting through the greed arc in roughly 1 season.

Just letting you know, Ed goes to South HQ for his annual assessment (as all state alchemists have).

He bumps into King Bradley who is doing a tour through Southern Amestris at the time, with Major Armstrong assigned as his personal bodyguard.

After talking about what Ed and Al were doing in the south, Bradley decides he wants to meet Ed and Al's alchemy teacher. They go to Izumi's to meet her, the famous Sig and Alex muscles bonding scene occurs, and Ed & Bradley learn about Al's kidnapping by the mysterious homunuculus greed, and how izumi broke her hand during it.

Cue Ed going to fight Greed and Bradley and Armstrong amassing a squad to assist with the rescue of the kidnapped brother of the Full Metal Alchemist.

While Ed is in south HQ, there's quite bit of character development with Greed, Al, and the chimeras. Lengthy discussions about their backstories that all kind of get thrown out here.

The fight between Al and the chimeras is much longer too.

pirata

Unneeded update: Saw that cute guy making out with a girl on our couch. He's straight. *sigh*

I really wish I could find a good guy :(

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
From the Tumblr:

Anonymous Asked: i usually watch toonami, and then flick to saturday night live between commercials. But justin bieber hosted the show tonight... So i got to watch Toonami WITH COMMERCIALS! (I always make sure to watch TOM bumps though lol)

Pfff SNL? We’d rather watch Hot Pockets commercials. :)

Seda

From the Tumblr:

Anonymous Asked: i usually watch toonami, and then flick to saturday night live between commercials. But justin bieber hosted the show tonight... So i got to watch Toonami WITH COMMERCIALS! (I always make sure to watch TOM bumps though lol)

Pfff SNL? We’d rather watch Hot Pockets commercials. :)
KuGsj.gif

(We've actually been Hot Pocket free for a few weeks I think)

Seda

Wow, I thought that they were going to try to keep it secret that they're gonna show Soul Eater.

They tried but TV Guide leaked it last week. They confirmed it shortly after. They wanted to have this week's promo be the announcement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom