• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Top 20 games purchased on Wii U eShop

Kyou

Its amazing!

I bought it because it was cheap

then I fired it up

this basically happened:

YVvSs.gif

Hero

Glad to hear Trine doing well and that they can implement sales, it's like night and day compared to the Wii and even 3DS eShop. I hope the other indie games are doing well, curious to know how Nano Assault Neo and Mighty Switch Force HD are doing.

Starting this Sunday all gift cards are going to be -20% at Toys R Us so I'll probably pick up an eShop card or two and get some digital titles.

Glad to see Baconsammy go, hopefully it's a long break for him.

Drago

Baconsammy gets way too much flak around here, I think. I don't think he's that bad. :(

ah well, hopefully he and Mana get back soon enough

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Honestly, I might sound like a prick.. but I believe if you sell off your system and later change your mind and re-purchase later, you still deserve to lose your eShop purchases.

Buy system -> lose job and need some cash -> LOL BOOTSTRAPS!!

Buy system -> go to school in another country/continent for a year, so you sell your now useless original console, buy back when you move back -> HOW DARE YOU?!?!

Buy system -> give system to family member, repurchase new system a few months later, want your software -> ...

piteru

Banned
Bought trine, nano and little inferno(fucken sick!!)
I haven't played ever a puddle game.should I buy the wiiu version ?

AzaK

[marketing speak]Get her hooked on Trine 2 and she'll forgive you. :)[/marketing speak] The GamePad should be really intuitive so co-op should be fun (although admittedly using Wii Remotes + Nunchuks is not super ideal because there's just not enough buttons).

Sorry! :( There's going to be a small delay... We submitted the game too late to the age ratings board. It should be in the process now and if there's any luck we (Nintendo) should be able to just push a button to make it live once we have the rating. We're estimating the game will be available by mid-December... This was totally our own fault, it was just so crazy at the time that this was neglected a bit too long sadly. :(
Nice to hear. Day one I went to the eshop to buy it and was bamboozled why it wasn't there. Looking forward to it!

EDarkness

Playing around on the eShop and realized that I can't rate software I own, even though I've put in over an hour into the game. I have 10 hours into Darksiders 2 and it still won't let me rate it. :(

Good to hear about Trine 2. I'm thinking about picking it up as soon as Nintendo lets me buy eShop cards online. :(

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
Why?, he's been pretty helpful on the Release Day thread, a shame really :/
I remember him posting x360 and PS3 browsers were better than Wii U's one, or that people buying Zombi U would overpay for a mediocre game. So helpful.

EulaCapra

Those Basic Wii U owners sure wanted that white console badly enough to explain that pretty high-charting Nintendo Land, a $60 digital purchase.

DrWong

Face-Off: Trine 2 on Wii U: Meet the multi-platform game that looks better on Nintendo's new console.

"Aside from some puzzling gamma issues, it's clear that Trine 2 on Wii U offers a decent number of graphical boosts over the existing console versions of the game."

The Wii U version also deserves credit, of course. The game not only features many of the graphical upgrades found on the PC, but does so while delivering better image quality than the 360 and PS3 without compromising on the solid frame-rate.

However, the bottom line is that we shouldn't have to work so hard to get the best look from the game and we're a little surprised that Trine 2 shipped like this - we noted several complaints about the lighting on NeoGAF, but our contention is that the lighting model is absolutely fine, it's the gamma level that seems significantly skewed. It's a small blemish in what is a lovely-looking game, and hopefully it'll be patched up soon.

Yeah, GAF like to complain sometime. I remember a fellow gafer reporting these complains on a Wii U thread and one of the developer (gaf member) correcting it.

tolkir

Top 20 Spain WiiU eShop

1. Trine 2
2. Nano Assault Neo
3. New Super Mario Bros U
4. Mighty Switch Force Hyper Drive Editio
5. Little Inferno
6. Puddle
7. Chasing Aurora
8. Nintendo Land
9. Tekken Tag Tournament 2 WiiU Edition
10. Sonic & All-stars Racing Transformed
11. Darksiders II
12. ZombiU (11:00p.m.-03:00a.m)
13. Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper Edition
14. Sports Connection
15. Assassin's Creed 3 (11:00p.m.-03:00a.m)
16. Rabbids Land
17. Fifa 13
18. Your Shape: Fitness Evolved 2013
19. Just Dance 4
20. Family Party: 30 blablabla

RM8

Guys, has anything being said about Virtual Console on WiiU?

I kind of don't want to buy anything on my Wii's VC now, and I don't even own a WiiU. I just don't like the whole "Wii mode" thing.

Eric C

US Wii U eShop
December 14th 2012 1:00AM EST

Recent Best Sellers
1 Trine 2
2 Nano Assault Neo
3 New Super Mario Bros. U
4 Mighty Switch Force! Hyper Drive Edition
5 Little Inferno
6 Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed
7 ZombiU
8 Scribblenauts Unlimited
9 Assassin's Creed III
10 Darksiders II
11 Chasing Aurora
12 Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge
13 Tekken Tag Tournament
14 Nintendo Land
15 Madden NFL 13
16 Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper
17 Disney Epic Mickey 2: Power of Two
18 Marvel Avengers: Battle for Earth
19 Rabbids Land
20 Just Dance 4

All Best Sellers
1 Trine 2
2 Nano Assault Neo
3 New Super Mario Bros. U
4 Mighty Switch Force! Hyper Drive Edition
5 Little Inferno
6 ZombiU
7 Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed
8 Scribblenauts Unlimited
9 Assassin's Creed III
10 Chasing Aurora
11 Darksiders II
12 Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge
13 Nintendo Land
14 Tekken Tag Tournament
15 Madden NFL 13
16 Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper
17 Disney Epic Mickey 2: Power of Two
18 Just Dance 4
19 Rabbids Land
20 NBA 2K13

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
Really good to see some third party success, even if it's maybe just relative to Nintendo titles.

enishi

Nintendo (or simply NCL), when will u start putting indie titles or even demos on Japan eshop?

My premium network account is crying :(

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
10. Nintendo Land

This makes me sad that so many people are buying this - people buying this game either bought the Wii U Basic set and then purchased the game anyways, losing out on the extra stuff you get with Deluxe set basically for free, or they are getting a Deluxe and then buying a second copy of the game so they don't have to swap discs to play it.

Orrrrr maybe Target only had basic bundles ;)

Interesting that Rabbid land performing so badly. It was Ubisoft's most popular franchise on Wii.. could be indicative that more casual Wii owners aren't upgrading. Will be interesting to see if the retail charts compare.
The rabbid games dwindled in popularity long before the WiiU was a thing. Rabbids go home sold abysmal, it's more of a case of Ubisoft poisoning the brand by releasing too many sub par games for it, which ironically Go Home even made fun of.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
ZombiU should really be number one based on sales per hour as its only on sale for four hours a day in Europe

Wonder if they should separate out the lower price games. Maybe not enough content yet, but as it grows then surely cheaper games will be more of an impulse buy and push full retail down.

Top Bottom