• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TopSpin 2K25 | Official Announce Trailer | 2K

TopSpin is officially back. 🎾 Step onto the virtual court and win the career Grand Slam®, compete in iconic venues, learn the game from legend John McEnroe in the TopSpin Academy, and much more.

Pre-order #TopSpin2K25 today and we’ll see you on the court April 26, 2024. Rally On! https://topspin.2k.com/2k25/buy/

GIeIMroXEAA5jMw

Last edited:

StereoVsn

I would get it for my kids since they love tennis. But not for $80 (including tax) + MTX fees.

Edit: I will still get it, but for like $30-40 or whatever it’s going to be on sale after a few months. Well, if it’s any good of course.

Last edited:

Audiophile

I hate to be the Debbie downer and I know it doesn't matter that much in the context of the game, but are they trying to make the character models as dead-eyed and creepy as possible? I'm sure I recall more natural looking models in tennis games years back.

bender

What time is it?

200w.gif

John Marston

GAF's very own treasure goblin
"TRAIN WITH JOHN MCENROE".

I can't wait to smoke weed, throw bricks at store windows & push Chair umpires in front of speeding trucks.

Wish Sega was making another virtua tennis instead.
Where's my Virtua Tennis Sega?

Bored Cabin Fever GIF
Same VT was million times better then top spin
I remember playing the hell out of this

s-l1600.jpg
Sega aren't that bothered
I played VT3 on my PS3 not too long ago. Its still the best Tennis game ever made.
I have a slight hot take: I think Virtua Tennis fans are part of(keywords: part of) the reason why we are in this predicament with tennis games.

A ton of VT fans don’t really accept any other franchise to touch the sport, even though we have had a ton of great and fun entries for example Top Spin, Hot Shots Tennis, Mario Tennis, and Outlaw Tennis. I understand how good Virtua Tennis is as a series, but the other franchises were worth playing arguably just as much.

bender

What time is it?
I have a slight hot take: I think Virtua Tennis fans are part of(keywords: part of) the reason why we are in this predicament with tennis games.

A ton of VT fans don’t really accept any other franchise to touch the sport, even though we have had a ton of great and fun entries for example Top Spin, Hot Shots Tennis, Mario Tennis, and Outlaw Tennis. I understand how good Virtua Tennis is as a series, but the other franchises were worth playing arguably just as much.

I dunno. I loved VT but also enjoyed Hot Shots, Smash Court and Top Spin. I think the decline in options is more about the potential size of the audience versus ever increasing development and licensing costs. It's also why this game is going to be rotten with VC.

I dunno. I loved VT but also enjoyed Hot Shots, Smash Court and Top Spin. I think the decline in options is more about the potential size of the audience versus ever increasing development and licensing costs. It's also why this game is going to be rotten with VC.
I agree about the worry of MTX/VC, but on most places online(not just Gaf), every time a new tennis game is brought up I just see VT fans saying ‘I don’t want this, where is VT?’

bender

What time is it?
I agree about the worry of MTX/VC, but on most places online(not just Gaf), every time a new tennis game is brought up I just see VT fans saying ‘I don’t want this, where is VT?’

That's understandable as it is the most popular and one of the best Tennis games ever. You also have to consider that most modern tennis offerings have come up well short of the standard that those game set.

That's understandable as it is the most popular and one of the best Tennis games ever. You also have to consider that most modern tennis offerings have come up well short of the standard that those game set.
I guess I look at it as ruining the soil before the plants and flowers even have a chance to grow and bloom.

Shut0wen

Every virtua tennis fan brought and played top spin

Cyberpunkd

The fuck? Why is Serena Williams front and center and she is not even playing anymore? Świątek? Sabalenka? Coco Gruff?

Top Bottom