• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toriko: Manga & Discussion | Put The World On A Plate!

mpMzUYx.png

1OxQaFT.png

8Fw84qf.png

qNvWGB5.png

X3MtnbW.png

Pfphp1F.jpg
8ZXUnTN.jpg
nAZmakS.jpg
um7MzRa.jpg
aYJG4Wn.jpg
EM0HKyn.jpg
wj3wc6s.jpg
zgDK5r3.jpg
tvZpSRx.jpg
m0JOcI6.jpg
Llxr1zp.jpg
i4BSbL8.jpg
JdDbEcq.jpg
8BgACnR.jpg
UFP20xc.jpg
bJVRzgr.jpg
nXZUIMm.jpg
8LpZG2y.jpg
HxmpsYw.jpg
espRY9W.jpg
FVFbCOA.jpg
hkQLZCZ.jpg
4C9bJwp.jpg
F1YJOYS.jpg
ac4E5KT.jpg
Ksl9IOh.jpg
jOSJgZN.jpg
P2AIGeQ.png
5DlkEPv.png
TkYeUsn.jpg
DY2yHsV.jpg
ZQK28bC.jpg
h0MCQKk.jpg
ZwcS0ju.png
9zWxYGg.png
M0vpf4N.png
6lKG0nV.png
SlpDVca.png
GTEpH8T.png
STeBWmf.png

QAExlC5.png

*NOTE: One Rule
Please DO NOT reference a scanning source in this thread. Images from such sites must not contain the scanning site url and/or watermark.
Thank You

Support the Industry
Show your support by subscribing here: Weekly Shonen Jump
ezabTVH.png

AREA 6 + NEO
QJrSaa8.png

2FxMWYE.png

4052208-1157565789-ROjBy.jpg

Toriko 283

So Air is somewhat connected to Norse mythology

What a nice detailed chapter.... the horse king looks like a Chinese Emperor with his facial hair

KumaJG

Toriko 283

So Air is somewhat connected to Norse mythology

What a nice detailed chapter.... the horse king looks like a Chinese Emperor with his facial hair

How is Air connected to Norse mythology? What other lore is connected to the manga? I know the Four Heavenly Kings are base on the four Buddhist Gods.

The Horse King facial features does look very human like. For some reason he reminds me of Shenron lol.

Also there is a lot of foreshadowing for Zebra this chapter.

How is Air connected to Norse mythology? What other lore is connected to the manga? I know the Four Heavenly Kings are base on the four Buddhist Gods.

The Horse King facial features does look very human like. For some reason he reminds me of Shenron lol.

Also there is a lot of foreshadowing for Zebra this chapter.

The Rainbow road with horses

I believe one of the horses in the last chapter was a mythical multi legged horse used by Odin

lol never though about him looking like Shenron but yes I can clearly see it now

I wonder if Air can't be consumed physically and that everyone around the radius of the fruit are just engulfed with the oxygen

[Fugo]

Subscribed!!! I love this manga!

I don't think Toriko would survive 5 seconds against the Horse King. It's gonna be all Komatsu's work, using some revitalizing knife technique on the air trees or whatever.
Remember, in a world where food luck and cooking ability are the most valuable assets, Komatsu is the one who's overpowered. He's more broken than Midora in a certain way :D

[Fugo];119260847 said:
Subscribed!!! I love this manga!

I don't think Toriko would survive 5 seconds against the Horse King. It's gonna be all Komatsu's work, using some revitalizing knife technique on the air trees or whatever.
Remember, in a world where food luck and cooking ability are the most valuable assets, Komatsu is the one who's overpowered. He's more broken than Midora in a certain way :D

indeed he is
Seems like Mappy may live this one out... Also I agree that Toriko is no where near the level of any of the 8 Kings

I believe that after this arc Heracles will give birth to a child which will be taken by Zebra as his pet

KumaJG

Here the stuff that was foreshadowed in regards to Zebra in this chapter( at least to me).

-Air is going to give him the biggest power up.
-Air is going to be his salad dish.
-Zebra animal partner is going to be the Herac child.
-Zebra chef partner going to be Tengu

Seem like this arc is shaping up to be a big showcase for Zebra. Also there is a lot of hype for the 8Kings chapters which I will go into detail later.

VariantX

Im loving this arc. I like the fact the horse king isn't just described as an absurdly big and powerful beast, it's more like a force of nature.

Likely when they consume 'Air' they'll likely gain similar breathing abilities akin to the Horse King

as in being able to hold their breath for long periods of time.... This will become useful later on seeing as on of the paths they later have to take is the Mountian Range with no Air

That and when they later go to space ;)

I could see Zebra getting the most benefit from this arc but he needs to meet the King first

[Fugo]

Here the stuff that was foreshadowed in regards to Zebra in this chapter( at least to me).

-Air is going to give him the biggest power up.
-Air is going to be his salad dish.
-Zebra animal partner is going to be the Herac child.
-Zebra chef partner going to be Tengu

Seem like this arc is shaping up to be a big showcase for Zebra. Also there is a lot of hype for the 8Kings chapters which I will go into detail later.

Well also the zebra animal is related to horses (a wilder species of the same Genus) so it makes sense to have him aquainted with horses.

Anyways I really liked the revealed nature of AIR

KumaJG

This chapter got me more excited Acacia full course. I feel like Toriko heading into something Chrono Trigger type stuff where eating Acacia full course is the key to another dimension where Pangaea exist.

What I am most excited about is the fact that they'll be crossing over to the next continent in style

Riding on that Rainbow... This truly feels like some old school rpg stuff

KumaJG

I wonder what the three remaining eight kings going to look like. So far we have:

Dragon
Horse
Bird
Wolf
Snake

Are these animals bad on the chinese zodiacs?

I wonder what the three remaining eight kings going to look like. So far we have:

Dragon
Horse
Bird
Wolf
Snake

Are these animals bad on the chinese zodiacs?

could be

Wolf would be Dog though and the Emperor Crow would be the Rooster/Phoenix

would be weird to see a badass rabbit like thing

KumaJG

Maybe the 8Kings are based on Norse Mythology. Battle Wolf could easily Shima interpretation of Fenris.

currently continent 8 has a heavy Norse folk present

form rainy weather to the horses to the rainbows... I doubt Mitsutoshi will continue the Norse folk beyond Area 8

likely each continent will have its on folk connection

KumaJG

currently continent 8 has a heavy Norse folk present

form rainy weather to the horses to the rainbows... I doubt Mitsutoshi will continue the Norse folk beyond Area 8

likely each continent will have its on folk connection

8 Kings themselves seem to be base on Norse Mythology.

Battle Wolf - Fenrir
Mother Snake - Jormungandr
Emperor Crow - Muninn/Hugninn
Birth Cry Tree looks similiar to Yggdrasil

interesting

it's like how OP admirals are based on Chinese Mythology’s Four Great Seas!

really cool this could lead to future predictions in the series

great catch :)

KumaJG

^He could be also molding different mythologies too because I have yet to find anything resembling Derous.

could be
loving this arc though so I can't wait for next week... I though at first the pacing was to fast but it is for the better

likely Toriko and company will face off with Neo (likely some low tier members) then the Nitro for this arc

That Map was really cool

So they are aproaching from all sides

He can also scatter his kugi punch now

Toriko can't face off with guy

Komatsu will likely have Air before it over extrapolates into choas

KumaJG

Gooood chapter. I only wish we get to see what the other 4HKs are up too. Also Heracles hit Toriko & Co. with that death wink.

KumaJG

Actually the more that I think about, Toriko fighting the Horse King is necessary. We get to see how one of the Kings battle, instead of going off hype (hype can ruin a character). In turn it gives us a better evaluation of the 8Kings in the future. Also get to see the growth of Toriko after awakening and living in the gourmet world for 1.5 years. As long as Toriko is not seen as an equal to Horse King, everything fine.

making him receive some forms of injuries from such an encounter is also necessary

either he starts to cough out blood due to the overwhelming presences of his foe or his joints are harder to move

Knowing that the IGO was weakened post festival arc, I wonder who manages the other prisons.
6qke8lO.png

Zebra was the top captive of Honey but there is a Sky Prison and a Deep Sea Prison
I doubt the Sky Prison stayed airborne after Midora's Meteor Spice

We could see some new villains

---------

Edit A cool Gourmet World Poster of Toriko with Komatsu during the time skip taken form one of the recent chapters

KumaJG

^ I forgot all about the other prisons. Shima throws so much information at you that it flies over your head sometimes.

agreed

there is also the non united nation like the Jidar Kingdom (now under the Gourmet Mafia) that we've never seen

also around I believe 6 nations seized to exist and descended into chaos after the Gourmet Spice

usually it is defined by the calorie total a person has and how much he/she burns it with attack

food honour reduces it significantly making waster less energy which is why Toriko looks less jacked now then he did in the older volumes

by learning food honour he can now produce a large amount of attacks without over eating himself like he did before

yeah it really is lol

but some people just need to glance at the recent chapters or hear about the hype and they might get interested

Toei hurt this series bad. The gourmet world is cleansing us of "vampire Toriko but still Toei is a killer of manga!

Killer of Hope and Dreams!

The only way to fully wipe that scar is for them to lose the rights completely

Edit: lol nice avi too ;)

I am on that Eight Kings/Heracles MEGA Hype lol.

he is a majestic beast ;)

Top Bottom