• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Total War: WARHAMMER confirmed (as use of 2012 license announcement)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cannot fucking wait.
1306428210294.jpg

379794_494883340560132_1569696146_n.jpg

[EDIT] FML, OP says fantasy. I'm not even mad, though. Fantasy is my favorite WH.

Nete

Hope somebody will create the obligatory Grudgebringer mod.

I really need a remake of both Mindscape games.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Just call it Total Warhammer.

Just call it Total Warhammer

Crazy.

---

It's nice to see the fantasy version getting some attention again. There's been a fair bit of 40k in comparison (although we could always use more of course).

Warhammer's been my go-to example for how well strategy games could work on VR - played out like a table of miniatures in front of you.

Karak

Hly shit that is amazing news. Lately it seems like many of the GW products are coming along better than i the past (Ignoring Warhammer Quest). I am stoked beyond words to read about this.

JoV

Interesting to see what setting they go with. Traditional Warhammer, post End Times Warhammer, or rumoured upcoming Bubble-scape Warhammer.

jem0208

Fucking awesome.

I really don't like Warhammer 40k, I much prefer the fantasy version. So I'm always sad when all the Warhammer games are based off of the 40k universe.

Awesome. I want "Dawn of Total War 40K" Relic and Creative Assembly joint project

I'm just not sure how they'd adapt the Total War strategy layer to 40K, unless they do a Dark Crusade style one-planet campaign. Certainly couldn't give the player control of the entire Imperium.

Lorcain

I like how the info leaked too. It must have felt like a Dan Brown novel for the guy opening the book and finding a conspicuously misplaced developer note with the megaton confirmation of Total Warhammer.

Creative Assembly...this is why you are here. Make this so. And also do a 40k one.

KorrZ

All I see in this is "mobile space" "strategy games focusing on the multiplayer experience" ugh...piss right off CA. Stick to making good old historical based Total War games please, if Total War: Arena is your goal for the future then no thank you.

Hopefully you can redeem yourselves with Attila.

Skux

Come on, this is a golden chance to call it Total Warhammer. Makes no sense but sounds metal as fuck.

Bulbasaur

Banned
I love Warhammer Fantasy lore. Although I dont have enough time for the tabletop game I've always wanted a digital version of it. I'm not familair with Total War but is it like turned based 1 vs 1 battles?

Spineker

Banned
I love Warhammer Fantasy lore. Although I dont have enough time for the tabletop game I've always wanted a digital version of it. I'm not familair with Total War but is it like turned based 1 vs 1 battles?

No, it is live action battle strategy. You can pause the game to issue orders but everything happens in real time

Lautaro

I'm reading the Malus Darkblade saga right now and I can't imagine how CA will manage to put all that crazy shit in a TW game.

I'm hyped but I'll wait a few months before buying it. Rome 2 was a total mess at launch and I bet this one will be even buggier.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
I'm reading the Malus Darkblade saga right now and I can't imagine how CA will manage to put all that crazy shit in a TW game.

I'm hyped but I'll wait a few months before buying it. Rome 2 was a total mess at launch and I bet this one will be even buggier.

Malus is so over the top and great. Basically 5 straight books of an asshole lead character and fighting.

Oh my god please tell me this will eventually mean a Warhammer 40K themed Total War game?

I'd fucking love that almost as much as fantasy Warhammer.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
YES YES YES YES YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS

DoW 3?!?!

Is Relic doing DoW3?
I'm having trouble finding the other half of this (here's the first half http://www.pcgamer.com/relic-says-a-new-dawn-of-war-is-a-strong-possibility/ and http://www.pcgamer.com/dawn-of-war-retrospective-ten-years-of-war-in-the-41st-millennium/ and especially http://www.dealspwn.com/relic-entertainment-tantalisingly-coy-dawn-war-iii-170400), but at the Relic Gamescom party for the CoH 2 expac one of their fan sites went around to rather drink Relic employees, handed them a Warhammer 40K tank, and told them they announced Dawn of War 3, to half of them getting utterly horrified "oh god I fucked up" looks then snapping photos.

There's a very, very strong chance this is happening.

Leunam

Warhammer Fantasy seems to play more to the strengths of the Total War games what with the emphasis on formations, proper positioning, and charges.

A 40k version would be more akin to Epic 40k, so formations of vehicles and even Titans.

jblank83

Warhammer Fantasy seems to play more to the strengths of the Total War games what with the emphasis on formations, proper positioning, and charges.

A 40k version would be more akin to Epic 40k, so formations of vehicles and even Titans.

Someone who understands.

Let us praise the Emperor.

O_O!

Total War: Warhammer!

I guess this comes down to whether it will be a buggy mess like Rome 2 or whether it will be glorious like Shogun 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom