• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trackmania Turbo |OT| It's Turbo Time!

ViciousDS

Banned
Posting tonight since personal issues may prevent tomorrow night and the near future. Thanks for understanding. Let's Race everyone!

Ss11RLr.jpg

Developer | Nadeo
Publisher | Ubisoft
Platform(s) | Playstation 4, Xbox One and PC
Rated | Everyone
Genre | Arcade Racing
Release | NA 22 March 2016, WW 24 March 2016
Price | $39.99 USD, £24.99, $49.99 CAD

TrackMania Turbo is a racing video game developed by Nadeo and published by Ubisoft. Announced at E3 2015, the title is the first TrackMania game that is set to be released on consoles since 2009's TrackMania Wii.

Test your skills in outlandish tracks and challenge your friends at home (offline splitscreen) or online.

ozMgXUH.png

4 ENVIRONMENTS = 4 GAMEPLAYS
- Rollercoaster Lagoon: Defy gravity in a tropical paradise, racing on magnetic tracks.
- International Stadium: Use your driving skills to master the tracks of this worldwide competition.
- Canyon Grand Drift: Drift your way through narrow tracks in this red canyon landscape.
- Valley Down & Dirty: Use air control and jump through the hills in this countryside setting.

8iLvWHe.png

CAMPAIGN!
Race solo or in double driver across 200 tracks as you race your way to the top! Also includes buddy challenges and worldwide challenges using custom tracks, playlists and more!

Local Multiplayer

Hot Seat - 8 cars taking it in turns on one or two pads, controlled by up to 16 players in double driver mode take turns to put in a lap on any track. strangely the game refers to everyone as Mr Green, Mr Black. No idea if you're Mr and Mrs in double driver mode. Screenshots suggest it turns from Mr Green to Team Green.
Arcade - Choose a track and you have three tries to log a high score. Takes your best lap and logs it with your name.
Split Screen - Race to the finish with up to 4 people!

Online Multiplayer
Join rooms of up to 100 players with various rulesets (time attack, rounds, laps, stunt), tracks (custom ones even) and try to set the best time, rank and even join private rooms (see below for GAF guidelines and posting of rooms)

Track Builder
Pretty self explanatory here. Build, Create, Validate and save tracks to share or use in your online playlists!

Garage & Mix

Customize your cars with numbers, stickers, paint jobs, flags and car material. Don't expect to be able to pick much if you ain't getting gold medals though :(

YES! Red Panda makes an appearance in good Ubisoft Fashion! But the true Red Panda experience will cost you 30 Ubisoft points. But its so beautiful!
You can also remove tunes here.....PS4 and PC users have the option to use their own music. Spotify is confirmed working on PS4.

JnYQrGy.png

NeoGaf Rooms

It's simple, if you make a room add it to the google document below in the correct tab
Adding rooms is easy! Go to
https://players.turbo.trackmania.com/

Login to your respective profile on the platform your playing. This will automatically make it so when you click rooms it will load your respective platform .
There click my rooms and click more info. You will find a share link there to copy and paste into the google file. Please us the password in the google doc for all Private Gaf servers.

You can easily add rooms to your own when not on the console via computer or phone using the share links as well. It makes sharing custom rooms easy and enjoyable so when you get home from somewhere you can easily go to my favorites click the room you added and race!

Quote to reveal google doc link

Stuff
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Review Thread

giphy.gif

epmode

Might get.

I'm a huge fan of the earlier Trackmaia games although both environments after Stadium disappointed to some extent, not to mention Nadeo/Ubisoft's mangling of the franchise with Maniaplanet. Maybe this new thing will work out even without player-supplied servers.

ANYWAY. To anyone familiar with previous games, how does Lagoon stand up?

ViciousDS

Banned
Might get.

I'm a huge fan of the earlier Trackmaia games although both environments after Stadium disappointed to some extent, not to mention Nadeo/Ubisoft's mangling of the franchise with Maniaplanet. Maybe this new thing will work out even without player-supplied servers.

ANYWAY. To anyone familiar with previous games, how does Lagoon stand up?

Lagoon is amazing when they don't throw dirt elements in your face.....just think rollercoaster perma style. Due to magnetic tracks you could go upside down the entire track the creator wanted you to lol. You can basically take 90 degree turns without ever drifting in lagoon..... That vehicle is meant to just turn. If you drift....expect to lose a lot of time. The car is meant to go fast and just take the turns insanely hard.....insanely fast

Tizoc

Where my us psn preorder button at?
I likd that i could have an f1 car deforated in my country's flag as well as have its name wrotten on it in proper arabic :D

epmode

Has there been any confirmation as to whether or not a PC purchase now will also give you Lagoon in Maniaplanet? If it happens, I mean.

KissVibes

Banned
Sadly.....turbo is as vanilla as PC you can get.

No servers with custom skins, music or any of that. No dedis even. It's more or less a port of the console version

Then what the fuck is even the point?

Trackmaina is a cool ass game, but the appeal is largely its unique weirdness and community aspects. I want to hear a bad korn song and race in my car against Penises and Sonic the Hedgehogs.

Jeff Gerstmann approved thread

dP8fd.jpg

I need to see his opinion on the quick look before purchasing. In reality though will probably wait a bit to buy this so some good community maps find their ways onto peoples servers. Kinda a bummer at none of the Trackmania strangeness that is inherent to dedicated servers though.

Great OT, OT title and "sponsoring" :p After the fun I had in the beta I can see me getting this somewhere down the road but I wonder, is anything in this game cross-platform?

ViciousDS

Banned
Great OT, OT title and "sponsoring" :p After the fun I had in the beta I can see me getting this somewhere down the road but I wonder, is anything in this game cross-platform?

I'm going to say no on that cross platform...... I would love cross platform. This is definitely a game that has no disadvantages for it too. Custom rooms shared across all three would really have been ideal.

I need to see his opinion on the quick look before purchasing. In reality though will probably wait a bit to buy this so some good community maps find their ways onto peoples servers. Kinda a bummer at none of the Trackmania strangeness that is inherent to dedicated servers though.

He played the open beta on the most recent UPF and seemed pretty positive about it but did lament the lack of shitty dubstep.

The beta got me to preorder on Steam. Really looking forward to this! Lagoon is indeed awesome, but fuck dirt.

anddo0

Anyone have audio issues (PS4) with the beta?

The sound mixing seems off to me. I had to crank my sound almost triple the normal output to get decent audio. The game sounds much better coming through my TV output.. Does this game NOT support surround sound?

I'm going to say no on that cross platform...... I would love cross platform. This is definitely a game that has no disadvantages for it too. Custom rooms shared across all three would really have been ideal.

That's really too bad, I have a friend who really wants to get this for PS4 while I would prefer Steam, now we have to figure this one out. But yeah I agree Trackmania Turbo would have been ideal for cross-plattform play.

Chris R

Did I miss the price mention in the OP? If there isn't one, game is $40.

I'll grab the PS4 version at some point, should be fun with some local co-op.

ViciousDS

Banned
Did I miss the price mention in the OP? If there isn't one, game is $40.

I'll grab the PS4 version at some point, should be fun with some local co-op.

I did not put up the price in the OP. I'll see if I can find the respective prices for each territory and add it under that general info.

*Splinter

Is there a ranking system for online? What is the max level?
There is, but I don't remember the max (9?)

It's very slow to rank up though unless you are playing higher ranks than yourself (and winning)

Also after rank (5?) servers have to conform to certain (unknown) rules, so I guess the competition really steps up at that point.

ViciousDS

Banned
There is, but I don't remember the max (9?)

It's very slow to rank up though unless you are playing higher ranks than yourself (and winning)

Also after rank (5?) servers have to conform to certain (unknown) rules, so I guess the competition really steps up at that point.

That's if you set the server to rank 5 echelon and above only....I think the servers can still do what they want as long as it remains below that. So you should be able to get to rank 9 through normal servers, it might just take a lot longer.

*Splinter

That's if you set the server to rank 5 echelon and above only....I think the servers can still do what they want as long as it remains below that. So you should be able to get to rank 9 through normal servers, it might just take a lot longer.
I wonder if that's possible or you eventually have to join higher ranked servers. I got to rank 2 35% yesterday and needed a top 3 finish just to gain 1%

Edit: by "have to" I mean to rank up. You can always join lower ranked servers for fun, of course

mdsfx

I feel like we need more information for PC players in the OT. This is largely a PC game with an active online community.

What is Turbo and why should people buy it if they already have Stadium, Valley, and Canyon on PC? Does it just get us Lagoon? Anything else? Any advantages of the console version? Disadvantages?

Zaph

So, to prepare myself before I inevitably buy this game like all other TM's, they've stripped out all the nonsense customisation and copyright infringement?

prudislav

I feel like we need more information for PC players in the OT. This is largely a PC game with an active online community.

What is Turbo and why should people buy it if they already have Stadium, Valley, and Canyon on PC? Does it just get us Lagoon? Anything else? Any advantages of the console version? Disadvantages?

GeeYSfA.jpg

ViciousDS

Banned

It's a console port.....don't expect much for PC. I thought I posted it somewhere in the OP that there is no dedi's custom music, or any of that stuff you normally expect.

Great OP, really dug the beta, and OP I hope everything in your life is cool, brother

Yes, just grandmother got admitted yesterday, so after work (where I'm posting from now) I will be at the hospital. I wasn't sure if I was going to have a lot or enough time tonight to get everything together and post the OT, so I did it last night. But thanks for the words, breh XD.

mdsfx

It's a console port.....don't expect much for PC. I thought I posted it somewhere in the OP that there is no dedi's custom music, or any of that stuff you normally expect.

My comment was much less me critiquing the OP than it was sincerely looking for answers. If I buy this on PC, am I just rebuying most of the content I already have to get Lagoon?

wouwie

I got this pre-ordered (first time Trackmania player). While i feel the game would be even better with a more physics based approach (think Motorstorm or the classic Stunt Car Racer), i ended up accepting the game for what it is and i enjoyed the beta.

ViciousDS

Banned
My comment was much less me critiquing the OP than it was sincerely looking for answers. If I buy this on PC, am I just rebuying most of the content I already have to get Lagoon?

sadly mdsfx I have no idea. This is actually my first real foray into Trackmania. Hopefully someone around here can deliver an answer and then I can add that to the OP as well.

But I think there were plans for them to add Lagoon into mania planet later on this year.

Gowans

I can dedicate my Xbox One to be a server host on Ark right now.

I've been really enjoying the open beta, you can create rooms on the ubi servers that stay up even when you;re offline too.

I've bought it, been paving a blast with the beta with some mates.

Top Bottom