• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trailer For Joss Whedon's The Avengers Follow-Up Much Ado About Nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.

LakeEarth

I could have looked at the cast and told you it was a Whedon picture. Lots of alums of his show that don't normally get top billing in major pictures...good for them though.

No kidding. I don't think there was a single actor in the trailer who wasn't in some sort of Whedon production (that had lines, anyways).

I love Whedon, I love Shakespeare, and this is my favorite out of all of the plays...SO MUCH HYPE.

Also, I think I love every single actor in it.

I'm definitely going to see this.

But matinee.

Tuesday matinee.

Because holy shit I don't know if I could take an opening night screening at a full theater containing the overlap points of a venn diagram between Shakespeare nuts and Whedonites.

ivysaur12

Banned
No kidding. I don't think there was a single actor in the trailer who wasn't in some sort of Whedon production (that had lines, anyways).

Riki Lindhome I think is the only one. Which means she'll have a major recurring role in SHIELD.

Looks great. This is one of my favorite plays and Joss has collected a very talented group of actors through the years.

I'm definitely going to see this.

But matinee.

Tuesday matinee.

Because holy shit I don't know if I could take an opening night screening at a full theater containing the overlap points of a venn diagram between Shakespeare nuts and Whedonites.

That is... true. Ugh.

Slime

Banned
Went to the premiere at TIFF. Whole cast was there. It was rad.

I really enjoyed it. The Fillion/Lenk scenes are going to be legendary with Whedon fans.

The last couple of seasons of Buffy she was an insufferable diva and wanted out once she started getting movie roles. People still blame her for the show ending.

Blame her for it ending? It lasted seven years and was beyond tired when they finally pulled the plug. Buffy fans should be glad the show didn't last any longer or it would have just further tarnished its legacy.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Riki Lindhome I think is the only one. Which means she'll have a major recurring role in SHIELD.

Yeah, I thought I spotted her in the trailer. Sweet. I dig her.

adg1034

Went to the premiere at TIFF. Whole cast was there. It was rad.

I really enjoyed it. The Fillion/Lenk scenes are going to be legendary with Whedon fans.

Agreed. Just saw it at a festival. Fillion truly IS Dogberry. The rest of the movie's pretty great, too.

There will be a Q&A with Joss at The Arclight in Hollywood on Friday. There are tickets left for the 8:30 showing. I happen to have got 2 free seats so I will be attending.

I've come to inform you that your opinion is bad.

Are you saying that this movie is bad and his track record for making films is still in the L column?

I absolutely must see this. Love Shakespeare. Love Whedon. Love the vast majority of the cast in most of the roles they've been in.

Maximus.

Very cool! I also love how joss has his core group of actors, whether its from Buffy, angel, firefly or now marvel!

Has anyone seen this yet? I'm looking forward to the nationwide release next Friday.

It's pretty funny. Alexis is fucking amazing in it. He steals the show from everyone else. There is some bad acting from some of the supporting cast. I also attended a Q&A with the cast and Joss.

An-Det

I can't find this playing in any of my local theaters, even the big one that usually gets this kind of thing. Is there an official list of places it's showing at?

So I just saw this. Absolutely loved it. A high concept Shakespeare adaptation done right. The dialogue is delivered in such a way that the flowery language never gets in the way of knowing what's going on and always feels very human.

PS. It'd be a great date movie. I plan on seeing it again with a girl next weekend.

Spoiler for those who don't know the play:

Though there's some serious values dissonance when Claudio shoves and publicly shames Hero at their wedding, and she ends up taking him back. It's a little disconcerting in the more modern setting.

Eidan

Just saw this the other night. It was great. Though the Beatrice/Benedick story translated perfectly to the modern setting, the Claudio/Hero story felt a little out of place. Still, the performances were great, especially Acker.

God dammit. I hate black and white.

tumblr_m6c8toaQkW1ryj6qoo1_500.gif

He's been pimping this so hard on NPR and the late night shows. I'm really surprised a Shakespeare film is actually getting buzz.

Did anyone see the recent film adaptation of The Tempest with Russel Brand? It looks pretty trippy.

Here's the starring cast:

Helen Mirren, Alfred Molina, Chris Cooper, Djimon Hounsou, Russell Brand, David Strathairn and Ben Whishaw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDQiIpTK1OI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom