• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trails in the Sky Second Chapter out October 29th on PC and PSP

GameE

Yesterday, the publisher XSEED tweeted a picture of pigs flying. Today it’s clear why: Trails in the Sky SC is actually coming out. NEXT WEEK. On October 29.

It’s been four and a half years since XSEED released the first chapter of Trails in the Sky—an excellent RPG that ends on a tantalizing cliffhanger—and since then, fans have been bugging the publisher non-stop about the second game. It’s been a nightmare to publish, for many, many reasons including script size, technical issues, and all sorts of interpersonal drama.

http://kotaku.com/holy-crap-trails-in-the-sky-sc-comes-out-next-week-1738283562

Corpekata

Banned
Via Kotaku

I’ve been planning a big feature that tells the whole story of Trails SC, so you can expect that at some point soon. For now, all you have to know is that Trails is an excellent game and that the second chapter will be out on PC and PSP (aka: Vita) next week. FINALLY.

Nyoro SF

http://kotaku.com/holy-crap-trails-in-the-sky-sc-comes-out-next-week-1738283562

Yesterday, the publisher XSEED tweeted a picture of pigs flying. Today it’s clear why: Trails in the Sky SC is actually coming out. NEXT WEEK. On October 29.

It’s been four and a half years since XSEED released the first chapter of Trails in the Sky—an excellent RPG that ends on a tantalizing cliffhanger—and since then, fans have been bugging the publisher non-stop about the second game. It’s been a nightmare to publish, for many, many reasons including script size, technical issues, and all sorts of interpersonal drama.

The day is finally here ladies and gentlemen.

More information will be added as the stories progress.

Dark_castle

EqRJH.gif

YEAHHH

kswiston

Wow. I wasn't following the progress of this closely, but with all the chatter about Trails of Cold Steel coming out first, I thought 2016 for sure.

Will buy!

EDIT: Is there some sort of game save transfer between TitS 1 and 2. I have 1 on PSP, and sort of drifted away from it about half way through. Should I finish that version up, or would it be better to double dip and start fresh on PC?

EDIT 2: If the latter, can you put the first game on sale on Steam XSeed? Thanks! :p

Seda

$29.99 is the price.
Torrance, Calif. – (October 23, 2015) – XSEED Games, the independent-minded console publishing brand of Marvelous USA, Inc., is excited to confirm that the eagerly anticipated RPG title The Legend of Heroes: Trails in The Sky SC will be made available for download via the PSP (PlayStation®Portable) system in North America and for Windows PC worldwide next week on October 29, 2015. The game will retail for $29.99 in the US on the PlayStation™Store and PC digital platforms GOG.com and Steam. The PSP® system release is compatible with the PlayStation®Vita handheld entertainment system. A release on the European PS®Store will follow closely behind this North American debut, with more details to be shared shortly.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
I want to read that postmortem, should be interesting.

And it will be weird when this game comes out, after so long.

Hmm...author seemed very confident just yesterday, but I want to see XSEED announce this via their own channels first. If SC's coming this quick, that should be today.

Of course, I'm so goddamn excited from the blue-balling, just being careful.

EDIT: NVM, I see the press release.

Steel

Banned
Wow. I wasn't following the progress of this closely, but with all the chatter about Trails of Cold Steel coming out first, I though 2016 for sure.

Will buy!

EDIT: Is there some sort of game save transfer between TitS 1 and 2. I have 1 on PSP, and sort of drifted away from it about half way through. Should I finish that version up, or would it be better to double dip and start fresh on PC?

EDIT 2: If the latter, can you put the first game on sale on Steam XSeed? Thanks! :p

Finish FC before SC. There is a save transfer, the story is absolutely continous.

z1ggy

Day fucking one. The first game is one of the best JRPGs i ever played, can´t wait to play this. About time Xseed.

Not a bad price. I just hope XSEED does a bundle deal for both FC and SC at a lower price in the months ahead. Definitely going to double-dip on this immediately.

Trails in the Sky SC |OT| The Star, the Fool, the Magician, and the Major Arcana

Top Bottom