• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Multiplayer Trailer

Bizazedo

I heard..somewhere..a lot of the multiplayer things were turned off for the demo or that they flat out don't exist in the sequel like picking up enemy weapons and killstreaks. Anyone confirm / deny?

MrDaravon

I'm downloading the demo now, I'll report back. I didn't play ANY Transformers 1 online though, so I won't have any point of comparison on that stuff.

bryanee

My Gaaaaaaaaaaawd this demo is awesome.

Two decent sized single player levels, one as Bumblebee and another as Vortex. I havent tried the MP.

samman6

War for Cybertron has really good MP, hopefully this one can stay somewhat smiliar or at least have the same sniper.

MrDaravon

The two single player level demos I thought were pretty great. I liked the first game and was kinda whatever about this one coming out, but I'm sold for at least the campaign.

Played multiplayer a bit, every lobby seemed to consist of one team that was hardcore, knew what they were doing, and obviously played a lot of the first game. I was never on that team, so I literally couldn't even figure out how to really played because my team was always getting utterly donged on. Great.

Seems a little faster than the first game, MP wise. There are some framerate issues. Scientist seems overplayed and a little OP. Auto-aim is really high and kind of annoying.

Bizazedo

The Scrapmaker absolutely ground fools into dust in the first game once it got going, but Scientist was great because you could fly / look like the enemy.

I hope this is as fun :(.

Overdoziz

Banned
Played the 2 demo levels; seemed like pretty standard scripted, linear levels. Didn't do much for me. The MP is pretty entertaining. Played a bit of Deathmatch and Conquest (or whatever it's called). In Conquest it seemed like you hardly ran into people and everybody just spend the entire match running towards the next territory to capture. The territories are way too far from each other to properly contest them. You can just capture one and run towards the next one and continue doing that the entire match without too much opposition. Also, unless you have a jet/helicopter there's no reason to turn into a vehicle. The cars aren't exactly fast.

you can't pick up weapons in the demo, but I have seen weapons left behind from defeat players, so I assume its just not in the demo. Also, vehicle abilities are not present in the mp (barrel rolls, quick 180s, ram, quick boost etc. I recall them in the campaign section, so they may just not be in the demo. No kill streak bonuses either, but since it still keeps track of streaks I imagine they'll be in the full game. Host migration is nice to have, but stopping the game for 2 minutes kinda sux to ne honest. Great demo over all

edit - the camera is too close to the scout class in vehicle mode....like resident evil 6 close

Skidd

Wait, so the demo is already available for everyone? I'm not seeing it on PSN.

Edit; Oh, XBLA. Tomorrow then.

mozi

Neo Member
War for Cybertron's MP was good fun, can't wait to get in on some more Autobots vs. Decepticons action in Fall of Cybertron.

"Decepticons superior....Autobots inferior" - Soundwave

Sojgat

Been playing the 360 demo a a bit and really liking it, the shooting feels really good and the game looks a lot better than War for Cybertron, will probably pick this game up. Demo gives you 2 stages (one Autobot, one Decepticon) and MP (regional matchmaking option, yay). It's enough to get a good feel for the game and make me want more, this is a how a demo should be done.

BY2K

Membero Americo
The Heal Beam recharges way too fast. All my team of Decepticons was Scientist, healing each other almost non-stop, wrecking shit on the Autobots team.

S1kkZ

is there something wrong with my ps3 or does the ps3 demo look really bad? low-res, no anti aliasing, shitload of tearing...

Foxix Von

is there something wrong with my ps3 or does the ps3 demo look really bad? low-res, no anti aliasing, shitload of tearing...

I'm really hoping it's just an old build. The demo levels are super fun but oh man is it rough around the edges graphically =/

All sorts of texture pop in, tearing, terrible aliasing. Great art direction though, if you can see what they're going for through the blurry, gauze-like filter. The music is excellent though, really love the soundtrack.

Playing the single player demo levels, I just want to say that
I'm tired of Hasbro's mandate of making Bumblebee a mute/speaking in beeps because of Bayformers...it's ridiculous.
Other than that? I'm liking it, going to test out the MP shortly.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
The PSN demo is downloading so slow for me. :\

Still, excited to try out the SP and more specifically, the MP. :D

mollipen

I heard..somewhere..a lot of the multiplayer things were turned off for the demo or that they flat out don't exist in the sequel like picking up enemy weapons and killstreaks. Anyone confirm / deny?

I know when I played the game's multiplayer at the Comic-Con event, I couldn't figure out how to pick up dropped weapons (and it was driving me crazy). So maybe, indeed, that's no longer part of the game? (Really sucks if so.)

Had a lot of slow loading textures and screen tearing on PS3.
The campaign missions were cool, but I think the removal of co-op campaign really hurts this game. I thought it was one of the best things about WfC and as of yet I don't see a good reason they took it out.
Expected a little more out of the character creation too, especially the colors.
I guess I'll still buy it but I'm a little less excited than I was before I played this demo.

Can you make a custom Transformer in the demo? That is the most exciting part to me.

Yes, you can change your head, Chest/Vehicle, Shoulders, Arms, Legs, Wheels, Decals, and armor set. Different types influence how much robot speed you have, how much vehicle speed you have, and your total health. If that's what you were asking. Also you can change the colors he wears for the Autobots and Decepticons, and how his voice sounds(so far from three different types for each.)

Top Bottom