• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Transformers One - Official Trailer - Scarlett Johansson, Chris Hemsworth, Brian Tyree Henry

near

Gold Member

WAqukFW.jpeg

near

Gold Member

The first trailer for TRANSFORMERS ONE debuted like no movie trailer ever has: In Space! This long-awaited origin story of how the most iconic characters in the TRANSFORMERS universe, Orion Pax and D-16, went from brothers-in-arms to become sworn enemies, Optimus Prime and Megatron, premiered its trailer on Thursday, April 18th. The launch kicked off with a live-streamed countdown showing the journey into space. After one hour, the craft reached its peak at 125,000 feet above the Earth, revealing the trailer with a custom introduction video from our stars: Chris Hemsworth and Brian Tyree Henry. TRANSFORMERS ONE is the untold origin story of Optimus Prime and Megatron, better known as sworn enemies, but once were friends bonded like brothers who changed the fate of Cybertron forever. In the first-ever fully CG-animated Transformers movie, TRANSFORMERS ONE features a star-studded voice cast, including Chris Hemsworth, Brian Tyree Henry, Scarlett Johansson, Keegan-Michael Key, Steve Buscemi with Laurence Fishburne and Jon Hamm.

Dear me the dialogue and voice acting is awful, like something out of a Fortnite tribute or something. Soulless. Like a bad ad lib session .

Megatron sounds like the warm up act for Ricky Gervais

And Transformers being aimed at kids has always been the case despite the Bay shite. Why do you think they killed off so many characters in the 86 movie, to sell them new toys!

This is aimed at today's kids, which probably necessitates most of the changes. But I can definitely see a video game launching along with this, and maybe some new toys.

Bumblebee and Rise of the Beasts are for today’s kids too dude.

As for games we might hear more about Transformers Reactivate this summer

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
Bumblebee and Rise of the Beasts are for today’s kids too dude.

As for games we might hear more about Transformers Reactivate this summer
It looks like the live action films are continuing along side this new animated series of films. This series is probably aimed at younger kids.

Last edited:

jason10mm

Gold Member
Come on, EVERYONE knows that cybertron was once a play planet for giant humanoids and all those autobots and decepticons were just their advanced AI toys, which is why they transform into totally useless things for no real reason. Then the giant humanoids grew up and left their toy planet behind and here we are.

My kid likes the TF films, not sure how he will feel about this one though.

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
I don't see why "it's made for kids" is, somehow, an acceptable code for generic humour and braindead dialogue. Just insert this dialogue into an Avengers trailer, and it'll be the exact same result.
Depends on the age of the kids. I imagine 5-10 is not the same as 12-17.

It looks like the live action films are continuing along side this new animated series of films. This series is probably aimed at younger kids.

They are continuing, its a GI Joe crossover

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
This is Cybertron before the wars between the Decepticons and Autobots...

Transforming is a right of passage... It's not "powers".

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
"it's for kids" so was the original animated film. Compare the tone. The og was goofy in some spots too but it wasn't nearly as dumbed down as this looks. How many character deaths will this have?

Last edited:

jason10mm

Gold Member
Actually looks good yeah its not real people but it has serious star power.
For me, the "Star power" of the voice actors has almost no relevance anymore unless they are heavily involved in making the film. Jack Black can impress a lot of his personality into his animated films. Hemsworth and Johanson (and that other guy I've never heard of), not so much.

Billbofet

This looks terrible. The humor is whiff after whiff.
Thanks for this new brand of unfunny, cringe bullshit Marvel.

omg, it's the "they used to be friends before they became sworn enemies" trope. so original!!

The tone is all fucking wrong.

Can't believe I'm saying this but I prefer baysplosions.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
For me, the "Star power" of the voice actors has almost no relevance anymore unless they are heavily involved in making the film. Jack Black can impress a lot of his personality into his animated films. Hemsworth and Johanson (and that other guy I've never heard of), not so much.

Brian Tyree Henry. You've seen him... The black guy in Atlanta, Bullet Train, Godzilla vs Kong, Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire, Eternals... Among others.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
omg, it's the "they used to be friends before they became sworn enemies" trope. so original!!

The tone is all fucking wrong.

Can't believe I'm saying this but I prefer baysplosions.

But... They WERE... In the original lore. They weren't always enemies but were friends until Megatron's ideology changed and Orion/Optimus HAD to become a leader.

mortal

Gold Member
Damn, I thought we were past quippy and sarcastic MCU writing.

Nice visuals though, at least it's not yet another 'humans discover that their car is alive' story...

thefool

This is aimed at today's kids, which probably necessitates most of the changes. But I can definitely see a video game launching along with this, and maybe some new toys.

I think this sort of comedy is more aimed at young adults than kids tbh.

Last edited:

RSLAEV

It's aimed at kids, I don't see the problem
When I was a kid, this was aimed at kids:

4tIsgtO.jpeg

I like that they made an all transformers CGI movie but the dialogue is generic garbage. That doesn't make it appropriate for kids-you can actually make something for kids *and* write good dialogue at the same time. I feel like you could change a few key words in this trailer and end up with a promo for the Croods or something

Last edited:
Top Bottom