• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trauma CenterNew Blood (Wii)

laserbeam

Banned
Never played the first one on DS but with all the rave reviews it got around here I grabbed the Wii version right away.

Game was superb and with all the upgrades to the new one It will be a day one purchase for sure.

jrricky

Banned
NichM said:
Official press release just went out:

ATLUS U.S.A., INC. ANNOUNCES TRAUMA CENTER: NEW BLOOD™!
All-New Characters, All-New Emergencies, All-New Excitement!

IRVINE, CALIFORNIA — JULY 10th, 2007 — Atlus U.S.A., Inc., a leading publisher of interactive entertainment, today announced Trauma Center: New Blood, a new entry in the award-winning Trauma Center franchise, exclusively for the Wii™!

Keep your hands steady and your mind focused – this time around there’s a lot more on the line. Every cut of the scalpel, every pinch of the forceps, each and every second that ticks by is of the absolute greatest importance. If you think it's too much to handle alone, invite a friend to assist with the operation and work together to save patients from flat-lining. The adrenaline is pumping, lives are at stake, and only you can save the day. Have you got what it takes?

Trauma Center: New Blood has not yet been rated by the ESRB.

About Trauma Center: New Blood:
At a remote hospital in Alaska, Dr. Markus Vaughn quietly toils, a surgeon who has forsaken the politics and power struggles of his former ward. He is content to use the power he has discovered within himself, the Healing Touch, to positively affect the lives of those in need. His partner is Valerie Blaylock, a promising young doctor eager to unlock her own dormant abilities.

When the facility unexpectedly closes, they are forced to return to Concordia Medical Institute, where politics are more important than patient’s lives, and doctors more concerned with image than their ministration. There they are recruited into the government organization Caduceus, where they will learn of a conspiracy with dire ramifications, and their lives will be changed forever!

Key Features:
• Two Player Cooperative Play! For the first time in the series, work with a friend to race against the clock and save lives…success will require teamwork and communication – Every second counts!
• All-New Story, Characters, and Operations! Depend on a brand new medical team for support and advice as you tackle new emergencies.
• Fully Voiced Dialogue! Characters will come to life as never before as they speak to you during operations and story cutscenes.
• Full 480p and 16x9 Widescreen Support!
• Online Score Ranking System!

O.........................................................

M........................................................

G.............................................................

*faints*

Firestorm

Holy Shit! This was completely unexpected o_o;
Someone stop the server errors. I should have found out about this an hour ago >=(

Edit: holy shit it's co-op? And fully voiced? :O :O :O MEGATON

Tristam

F*ck yeah! Co-op is going to rock so hard. Second Opinion is one of the only great third party titles for the Wii, and New Blood looks like it'll be that much better.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
EktorPR said:
OMG, OMG, OMG

Wiimoting.gif

OOOH...AAAAHA..AHAAHAHAHAAOOOAAAAaaaaaaaa...
4px4eaa.gif

Fowler

I liked the idea behind the first game, but what really killed it for me was the GUILT stuff. Doing "real" surgery was awesome; trying to kill a freaky bug thing is dumb.

It makes sense that they're going all out for the sequel. SO was one of their best selling games ever (in terms of titles Atlus just published, I believe Disgaea just barely edges it out).

HOLY MOTHER OF **** YES!!!!

Thank you Atlus, Trauma Center is now officially a franchise, and one of the best new franchises in years! I was so pissed off that the Wii game (Despite being completely awesome!) was just a remake of the DS one, and now I'm finally getting a sequel! :D

Hopefully, we'll see more missions like the Wii exclusive ones that really take advantage of the Wiimote! :D

Official press release just went out:

ATLUS U.S.A., INC. ANNOUNCES TRAUMA CENTER: NEW BLOOD™!
All-New Characters, All-New Emergencies, All-New Excitement!

IRVINE, CALIFORNIA — JULY 10th, 2007 — Atlus U.S.A., Inc., a leading publisher of interactive entertainment, today announced Trauma Center: New Blood, a new entry in the award-winning Trauma Center franchise, exclusively for the Wii™!

Keep your hands steady and your mind focused – this time around there’s a lot more on the line. Every cut of the scalpel, every pinch of the forceps, each and every second that ticks by is of the absolute greatest importance. If you think it's too much to handle alone, invite a friend to assist with the operation and work together to save patients from flat-lining. The adrenaline is pumping, lives are at stake, and only you can save the day. Have you got what it takes?

Trauma Center: New Blood has not yet been rated by the ESRB.

About Trauma Center: New Blood:
At a remote hospital in Alaska, Dr. Markus Vaughn quietly toils, a surgeon who has forsaken the politics and power struggles of his former ward. He is content to use the power he has discovered within himself, the Healing Touch, to positively affect the lives of those in need. His partner is Valerie Blaylock, a promising young doctor eager to unlock her own dormant abilities.

When the facility unexpectedly closes, they are forced to return to Concordia Medical Institute, where politics are more important than patient’s lives, and doctors more concerned with image than their ministration. There they are recruited into the government organization Caduceus, where they will learn of a conspiracy with dire ramifications, and their lives will be changed forever!

Key Features:
• Two Player Cooperative Play! For the first time in the series, work with a friend to race against the clock and save lives…success will require teamwork and communication – Every second counts!
• All-New Story, Characters, and Operations! Depend on a brand new medical team for support and advice as you tackle new emergencies.
• Fully Voiced Dialogue! Characters will come to life as never before as they speak to you during operations and story cutscenes.

HOLY ****! E3 delivers big! I'm surprised that they actually announced this today! Why didn't they save this till Nintendo's press conference? This would have really beefed it up!

If this is just something Nintendo is giving us as a snack BEFORE the conference, then it must be one hell of a show!!! I'M SO ****ING EXCITED NOW!!!!!! :D

LakeEarth

Hell, I still need to beat the Wii version. I stopped at one of the bonus stages where you have to do four operations in a row, one of each of the different types of viruses.

explodet

Key Features:
• Character art by artist Kazuma Kaneko!
There, fixed.
(hey, as far as I'm concerned it's a selling point!)

New story with new characters, fully featured, 16:9, 480p--I missed out on the first Trauma Center games, holding out for price drops, but this looks like the ideal entry point into the series.

Abel

That's not Kazuma Kaneko :p That's Shigenori Soejima! :D He did the art for not only Trauma Center Second Opinion for Wii, but also Persona 3, as well as the bust art in Persona 2, and the art of Stella Deus and other such notable games.

Although their styles are sort of similar especially since Persona 2's designs/art he did was based off of/an imitation of Kaneko's original art :D .

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
YEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!

I imagine that this is what those early reports of Trauma Center: Second Opinion having two story modes were talking about. I guess they decided to split this up into a new game in order to have SO out for launch!

I'm actually sad that there will be voice acting. I tend to do difficult operations in 10 tries or so because I suck at the Hard setting and it could annoying real fast with the VA :~

At first I thought they were putting it in SO for making us europeans wait so long. Ah well, I'm looking forward to this game (as well as it's predecessor).

xcomp

Gah, and we're just getting the Wiimake over here next month.

Still, great to see there's another game coming out and with voice acting too. I don't mind all the text but voice acting would make it more immersing. Can't wait.

Those designs do remind me of Megami Tensei :D

Top Bottom