• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Treasure says Sin and Punishment Wii sequel not out of the question

YES, YES OH GOD YES, DO IT TREASURE!

Pointer to aim, B trigger to shoot, Nunchuck Analog stick to move left and right, shake Wiimote to slash sword (Worked very well in RE4Wii, just a simple shake is enough for an action game like S&P!) and use the A button to jump, perfection attained! (Maybe they could add some new stuff in as well like grenades you can throw with a Nunchuck throwing gesture! or items that can be picked up by shooting them onscreen and then pressing either C or Z on the Nunchuck!)

Also add proper 2 player co-op (4 would be too much IMO) with 2 seperate characters on screen (Not that BS co-op in the original game!) and make it longer, MUCH longer than the original (It`s wayyy to short!) Finally top it off with a nice healthy dose of online leaderboards (Online co-op would be nice but not necessary) and you`ve got the perfect game!

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
drohne said:
good to hear, but i guess this confirms that the wii game they're currently developing isn't s+p 2. i was kind of hoping

Isn't it their action team that's working on the Wii?

Haunted

Superblatt said:
Wow, seriously? I get to face God? I knew the Japanese were intense people, but God? Wow. I don't know how I feel about shooting at God. Swords would be cool though. I'm down for a one-on-one battle of swords with God.
:lol

citrus lump said:
ya rly.

I don't want shit like Wii sports, Wii Fit, or Wii Music. I want Metroid, Zelda, Mario, Fire Emblem and Mario Kart on the Wii.

Oh wait.
well played.

Kobun Heat said:
Interesting that Treasure "was working on" the VC release of Sin and Punishment.
SPILL IT!

I want the story to take place after the first one. Maybe get to play as the Saki and Airan's you know what. I also want it to be longer.

Kobun Heat said:
Interesting that Treasure "was working on" the VC release of Sin and Punishment.

Translation, probably giving code support to NST (Who did the translation, check the credits in your VC instruction booklet!)

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
the n64 version was already in english -- did they change anything for the vc release? i would guess that they helped with some technical issues -- iirc s+p is one of those games that doesn't run well in pc emulators

Capndrake

drohne said:
the n64 version was already in english -- did they change anything for the vc release? i would guess that they helped with some technical issues -- iirc s+p is one of those games that doesn't run well in pc emulators
Only the voice acting in the original was English. They translated the entire main menu, the tutorial, Japanese text during gameplay (Like bonus points after bosses) and the ending subtitles.

Lee N

Membre
Kobun Heat said:
Well, someone translated the menu and ending. It makes sense that treasure would do it themselves.

Seeing as I played Sin and Punishment and wished for Wii controls, this seems like a no brainer. I'd worry about how appealing a game in that kind of a genre could be at full price nowadays though; go Wii Ware guys.

Great. Will buy, if it won't see its european premier on the Virtual Console of the Nintendo system that will be released after the next one.

Mdk7

Please Treasure, i'm begging you!
DO IT!!!!!!!

By the way, Wii's getting some serious kickass franchises: first NiGHTS (though it doesn't seem 100% on par with the original), then Samba De Amigo and now this... Awesome!

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Mejilan said:
You know, the more I think about, the more Treasure's decision to break their no-sequels policy seems a good idea!
They never had a no sequel policy. Their policy has always been "we'll do it if the original team feels like it."

Which would seem to be something of a road block for S&P, actually. Hideyuki Suganami, S&P's director and main enemy programmer, no longer works at Treasure. They were able to get him back briefly to work on Gunstar Super Heroes, though. (Maegawa said that letting anyone else make Seven Force just wouldn't feel right.)

ZealousD said:
Isn't it their action team that's working on the Wii?
>_< Man, I don't even care if Maegawa said it or not, but Treasure doesn't really have rigidly defined "teams" within the company. The only real exception is the duo of Iuchi and Nakagawa, their main shmup guys who are usually off working by themselves (currently working on Ikaruga XBLA and the new 360 game). Everyone else tends to move around from team to team a little bit between games.

Actually, on that note, looking at the credits for S&P is a little discouraging if you're hoping for a sequel:

- Nami, the director and main enemy programmer, no longer works there.
- Nakagawa, the main programmer, is going to be occupied with the 360 for the forseeable future.
- Yasushi Suzuki, the main designer, left the company after Ikaruga and is now a freelance artist/manga-ka.

The only core member of the original team who seems to be currently available for a sequel is Yaiman (and he is almost assuredly working on Bangai-O Spirits). That isn't to say that the rest of the company couldn't step up and fill in the gaps for another rail shooter, but a direct S&P sequel anytime soon just doesn't look incredibly likely to me.

Kobun Heat said:
That caught my eye too.

EDIT: Does anybody have the full text of this interview? I'm kind of curious if anything else of note was said.

Sixfortyfive said:
They never had a no sequel policy. Their policy has always been "we'll do it if the original team feels like it."

Which would seem to be something of a road block for S&P, actually. Hideyuki Suganami, S&P's director and main enemy programmer, no longer works at Treasure. They were able to get him back briefly to work on Gunstar Super Heroes, though. (Maegawa said that letting anyone else make Seven Force just wouldn't feel right.)

>_< Man, I don't even care if Maegawa said it or not, but Treasure doesn't really have rigidly defined "teams" within the company. The only real exception is the duo of Iuchi and Nakagawa, their main shmup guys who are usually off working by themselves (currently working on Ikaruga XBLA and the new 360 game). Everyone else tends to move around from team to team a little bit between games.

Actually, on that note, looking at the credits for S&P is a little discouraging if you're hoping for a sequel:

- Nami, the director and main enemy programmer, no longer works there.
- Nakagawa, the main programmer, is going to be occupied with the 360 for the forseeable future.
- Yasushi Suzuki, the main designer, left the company after Ikaruga and is now a freelance artist/manga-ka.

The only core member of the original team who seems to be currently available for a sequel is Yaiman (and he is almost assuredly working on Bangai-O Spirits). That isn't to say that the rest of the company couldn't step up and fill in the gaps for another rail shooter, but a direct S&P sequel anytime soon just doesn't look incredibly likely to me.

That caught my eye too.

EDIT: Does anybody have the full text of this interview? I'm kind of curious if anything else of note was said.

There's nothing stopping Treasure getting the old staff back together. Nami would want to come back if they were doing a sequel (Looks at GSSH) and Yasushi Suzuki could just be hired up as a freelancer! We don't know how far their 360 project is into production either!

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Would totally justify my Wii purchase a thousand times over, just like the N64 original justified my purchase for that system. And if anybody could get some amazing graphical effects out of the Wii, it's Treasure.

AlternativeUlster said:
They are making a game for it.

I didn't know they were working on Wii, the latest news i remember was they were on a 360 project, so i was surprised to hear Maegawa's words.

wsippel

Banned
Moor-Angol said:
I didn't know they were working on Wii, the latest news i remember was they were on a 360 project, so i was surprised to hear Maegawa's words.
The shooter team is working on a 360 game, the action team has a Wii project in the works.

TreIII

This is most excellent news. And coming straight on the heels of the Bangai-oh DS announcement, that's saying a lot! :D

In my opinion, the only thing that probably would make me joy-gasm even more, is if they also had plans to come back to the likes of Alien Soldier, Dynamite Heady, Light Soldier or a new beat 'em up in the style of Guardian Heroes, or better.

Everybody seems to be all over Gunstar Heroes and such, but I never see as much fanfare for AS, Dynamite Heady or Light Crusader. And I think that's a shame, as all 3 games are also excellent games that demonstrated Treasure's astute talents during the Genesis/MD era.

TreIII

ethelred said:
Fingers crossed the game they're currently making is Guardian Heroes 2.

If it was going to be a true GH2 (as opposed to some spiritual follow-up), wouldn't that require Sega involvement again?

Judging by the recent trend given by how the new Bleach DS game is not made by Treasure, while Treasure is making Bangai-oh DS with ESP, it looks like Treasure is another one of those "let's do our own thing, separate from Sega again" moods. It's good and conducive for things like Sin and Punishment and Bangai-oh, but bad for games that may require Sega in order to be a reality.

Of course, I don't think there would be anything stopping them if they wanted to do another spiritual follow-up, using the same engine. If the engine could be used to make a great Bleach fighting game of sorts, it could certainly be used for something much more imaginative by the creative minds at Treasure.

Plus, after Advance GH, I'm not sure if we have to explicitly revisit that same world again. Who we would have to look forward to, any way, considering everyone who was awesome was
"dead"
by the end of the game?

jarrod

Banned
I'd kill for a Headdy sequel. Or Silhouette Mirage or Mischief Makers really... Treasure's platformers tend to be criminally underrated imo, especially as compared to their (generally overrated imo) shooters.

TreIII

jarrod said:
I'd kill for a Headdy sequel. Or Silhouette Mirage or Mischief Makers really... Treasure's platformers tend to be criminally underrated imo, especially as compared to their (generally overrated imo) shooters.

You ain't never lie...

Personally though, the one that I most want to see again is Alien Soldier, followed closely by Dynamite Heady. I friggin' loved Alien Soldier...too bad that, again, it, along with Heady, would require Sega involvement to be made real.

Terrell

Maegawa's been talking about revisiting S&P since 2006, at least. There's a quote in Advanced Media Network's Xbox section regarding this, I'm off to work now, so I can't do the dirty work of finding it right now... maybe when I get back, if the thread's still going.

angelfly

Terrell said:
Maegawa's been talking about revisiting S&P since 2006, at least. There's a quote in Advanced Media Network's Xbox section regarding this, I'm off to work now, so I can't do the dirty work of finding it right now... maybe when I get back, if the thread's still going.

http://xbox.advancedmn.com/article.php?artid=5781

The first game was never released outside of Japan, but if Maegawa's hints can be taken as proof in the Game Informer interview, if there were a sequel, it will more than likely be published in North America this time around.

However, the president more or less denies the possibility of the first game being present on the Nintendo Revolution's download service, saying, "we’re more interested in making new concepts, or a sequel.."

Jme

Amir0x said:
i'd hit it

1zojnef.jpg

Top Bottom