• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trials Evolution |OT| ROCK'N'ROLL TRIALS STYLE BABY

Haunted

You just need people who are better but not leaps and bounds over your skill level to aspire to. Just gotta find the right people to add to your friend lsit.
True. I've added a couple people [hopefully] near my own skill level from the google doc for leaderboard competition. :)

Nori Chan

I got the nervous twitch achievement while I was trying to get the lab rat achievement

i was literally centimeters away but my bike exploded fml

gdt

Just bought this, never played a Trials game before.

Don't have gold, are the ghosts and such locked behind that?

blahness

I got the nervous twitch achievement while I was trying to get the lab rat achievement

i was literally centimeters away but my bike exploded fml

This will probably be the last achievement I get in this game. I have only made it about 3/4ths the way through before exploding or faulting.

LordAlu

Just bought this, never played a Trials game before.

Don't have gold, are the ghosts and such locked behind that?
No, it's only online multiplayer that's locked to Gold. You'll have access to everything else like leaderboards, ghosts and track downloads on Silver.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
You just need people who are better but not leaps and bounds over your skill level to aspire to. Just gotta find the right people to add to your friend lsit.

You can still have a few and just adjust the Ghost Option in the settings to display 'Next/Nearest' only, that way you don't have half a dozen ghosts putting you off.

Murmur

Adding my gamertag to the list too. The friends implementation is simply perfect in this! Can't get enough of it (though I've had plenty enough of the soundtrack ... ugh).

Brizzo24

Basically how Trials goes for all of us:

1. Check Leaderboard, see friends' score
Z73Qg.png

2. Choose a track that you feel you can better your/their score
ZXTee.png

Stage 1: Innocence and determination
F9mOa.png

Stage 2: "I can fucking do this!"
uersU.png

Stage 3: "What the fucking fuck?"
bKHXL.png

Stage 4: "Why?!?! why can't I land that?"
romaN.png

Stage 5: "FFFuuuu! I HATE this game"
LPFW5.png

Many attempts later...

Stage 6: "Finally"
WhAbQ.png

Login in later that day only to see that your friend bested your time

Stage 7: "..."
8ABfv.png

With that being said, stupid 'Limbo' stage is pissing me off. I love the aesthetics, but damn if it isn't frustrating. The physics completely change here, and it feels impossible to get a hang of how the bike will react. I have a silver with one fault, but i want that gold so badly. Seems like i just have to get lucky.

Mayyhem

How are you guys so good at this game -_-

I play quite a bit but it takes me like hundreds of tries to beat an extreme level.

acksman

Argh this game. I have all these dots now that are taunting me as I chase them all the time. I get past them only to fault and they scoot by.

Also, I am about to wear out my back button from restarts.

Basically how Trials goes for all of us:

1. Check Leaderboard, see friends' score
Z73Qg.png

2. Choose a track that you feel you can better your/their score
ZXTee.png

Stage 1: Innocence and determination
F9mOa.png

Stage 2: "I can fucking do this!"
uersU.png

Stage 3: "What the fucking fuck?"
bKHXL.png

Stage 4: "Why?!?! why can't I land that?"
romaN.png

Stage 5: "FFFuuuu! I HATE this game"
LPFW5.png

Many attempts later...

Stage 6: "Finally"
WhAbQ.png

Login in later that day only to see that your friend bested your time

Stage 7: "..."
8ABfv.png

With that being said, stupid 'Limbo' stage is pissing me off. I love the aesthetics, but damn if it isn't frustrating. The physics completely change here, and it feels impossible to get a hang of how the bike will react. I have a silver with one fault, but i want that gold so badly. Seems like i just have to get lucky.

Perfect

MMaRsu

Banned

whitehawk

Banned
Sweet man!! Thanks so much :D.

Anyway...my second track is going to be AMAZING!!!! I've been working on it for like three days straight pretty much has taken up all of my time lol.

A very nice poster at the RedLynx Trials Evo forums is taking video requests for custom tracks, so here is my first track Bumpy Tunnel!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSBw2ZUeW94&feature=player_embedded
Nice, added the link to the second post. Gotta download this.

sneaky77

Sweet man!! Thanks so much :D.

Anyway...my second track is going to be AMAZING!!!! I've been working on it for like three days straight pretty much has taken up all of my time lol.

A very nice poster at the RedLynx Trials Evo forums is taking video requests for custom tracks, so here is my first track Bumpy Tunnel!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSBw2ZUeW94&feature=player_embedded

is a great track I tried it yesterday but is def not "easy" the last 2 or 3 obstacles are quite demanding lol

Chris R

Any good guides to the track creator? I mean I made a basic one with no problem, but some of the advanced stuff looks pretty crazy.

whitehawk

Banned
Alright, so I'm starting a little weekly event to keep competition up with the community. Every week I will at random select a track to be the 'track of the week'. For the next week, do your best to get the best time possible on the track. At the end of the week I'll post the scores so a winner can be declared!

All the information will be in the second post, which is being quoted below:

Qn7oF.png

Ever week there will be a featured track that you are encouraged to tackle and get the best score possible.
At the end of the week the top scores of the track will be posted and a winner will be declared!
*Must have the GAF gamertag on your friends list to participate

This weeks track: Redlynx Moto-Jam

Tawpgun

GOT TO THE END OF DARK CITY RUN.

ONE MORE OBSTACLE LEFT.

TIMES UP.

EDIT: EXCUSE THE RAGE FACES I JUST BEAT IT SUCK MY DICK TRIALS

sneaky77

Alright, so I'm starting a little weekly event to keep competition up with the community. Every week I will at random select a track to be the 'track of the week'. For the next week, do your best to get the best time possible on the track. At the end of the week I'll post the scores so a winner can be declared!

what's the gaf tag?

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
what's the gaf tag?

Neogaf Trials. But it's full :(

Edit: Great first track pick btw. I've been practicing with that and I think I'm starting to understand how to utilize the back wheel to get past obstacles. I'm also trying to use maps where the climb requires doing a wheelie for the first part and then you press forward to have your back tire hit the second ramp to continue quickly up. That momentum is so important. I'm so happy that there are replays in this game.

Najaf

Awesome! I'll get some times in but I need to focus on my track creation too. Decisions decisions.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Today I found out the hard way that you don't need 0 faults to get Gold. FFS, my stupid OCD.

Does it vary by track or is there a universal Bronze/Silver/Gold fault threshold?

Daigoro

My 360 just red ringed and it's out of warranty

=(

oh shit :( well, Trials aint going anywhere. we still have a few good years left.

see if there is a pc repair type place local to you. you might be able to get it fixed for like $50.

You can still have a few and just adjust the Ghost Option in the settings to display 'Next/Nearest' only, that way you don't have half a dozen ghosts putting you off.

yes this is what everyone should be doing, but that wasnt my point. you need to view replays of people better than you by a certain margin. watching people at your skill level doesnt help and watching the top 20 people on the leader boards only helps if you can somewhat emulate what they are doing.

you need friends that are better than you, but not far far better so you can see how they play. there are pretty defined levels of skill in this game. it feels great getting to that next level. then you look at the top 20 guys and still feel like shit!

but yes, you should probably set ghosts to only display your nearest friend. much less distracting and much more useful.

Argh this game. I have all these dots now that are taunting me as I chase them all the time. I get past them only to fault and they scoot by.

Also, I am about to wear out my back button from restarts.

the back button is constructed well luckily.

also, read above. turn off all of those extra dots! you only need one.

just had my first 500 rset limit met on a Extreme track. feelsbadman.

welcome to TRIALS! think of this as the beginning. :p

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Vary by track, I believe.
Aw damn.

I really want to make a track, but I'm lacking some inspiration ATM. I always try for themed creations. Was considering remaking the final scenes in The Italian Job as a Supercross track but it's lost it's luster for me after thinking about it for a bit.

eek5

Aw damn.

I really want to make a track, but I'm lacking some inspiration ATM. I always try for themed creations. Was considering remaking the final scenes in The Italian Job as a Supercross track but it's lost it's luster for me after thinking about it for a bit.

Tracks don't really start allowing you to get faults and still gold until the end of medium or beginning of hard IIRC so you probably had to 0 fault most of your runs.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
Just got this game tonight. Really dig this game. Already got some high scores on leaderboards with about 10 or so friends! Get at me.

Daigoro

i just glanced at the squirrel guide.

there is NO WAY i would ever figure some of these out without a guide. i dont even know how people found some of this shit.

im just going to assume everyone who get this achievement used a guide for at least a few of them.

Awesome! The challenge is on!

Skill Game

Creator: poncanna

Name: Amnesia Part 1

Scared the shit out of me. Well done.

Will give this a try.

Today I've been playing Silhouette Redux. It's a fantastic track, with a cool vibe to it - reminded me of the Wii game Lost in Shadow. Glad it was suggested in here.

Will give Bumpy Tunnel a go, too.

Duallusion

GOT TO THE END OF DARK CITY RUN.

ONE MORE OBSTACLE LEFT.

TIMES UP.

EDIT: EXCUSE THE RAGE FACES I JUST BEAT IT SUCK MY DICK TRIALS

Haha, I made it with like 497 attempts and about a minute left on the clock I think:D What a sigh of relief that was!

Finished another track yesterday. Sylisticly average compared to what others are coming up with but it's fun! Search by my Gaf name if anyone wants to give it a shot.

Turnstyle

I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but I haven't been able to play a multiplayer match since launch day.

Whenever I go into Quick Match, that game sits there waiting for players. Occasionally one person will pop up, but then leaves again.

WHY DOES EVERYONE HATE ME!?!?!?

atomsk

Party Pooper
oh shit :( well, Trials aint going anywhere. we still have a few good years left.

see if there is a pc repair type place local to you. you might be able to get it fixed for like $50.

Doing it myself (again), the kit from llamma should be here friday, getting a heat gun to reflow it.

Maybe I'll be back online before I drop out of the top 1000. :lol

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Finally done all hard tracks (just bronze on most, but surprised myself by silvering a few first time).

What do you think will be harder - trying to get silver on all hard tracks (not going to try and attempt gold) - or platinuming the easy/medium tracks?

Don't think I'm even going to try the extreme tracks until I've had more practice.

LordAlu

Finally done all hard tracks (just bronze on most, but surprised myself by silvering a few first time).

What do you think will be harder - trying to get silver on all hard tracks (not going to try and attempt gold) - or platinuming the easy/medium tracks?

Don't think I'm even going to try the extreme tracks until I've had more practice.
I found getting gold on the Easy/Medium tracks was much easier than getting Silver on the Hard ones. Even then, the first set of Hard ones is relatively easy compared to the last set. I still can't get higher than Bronze on Down In The Dumps!

FtHTiny

From my experience getting platinum on easy/medium is harder than silver/gold hard tracks. But it´s really track dependent, some are "easy" to platinum and some are a real bitch.

I have gold on everything up to extreme except Gigatrack, even managed to gold The Wreck, Way of the Ninja and The Truth is Out There on extreme but Gigatrack eludes me

Top Bottom