• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trials Evolution |OT| ROCK'N'ROLL TRIALS STYLE BABY

Looking forward to the extreme leaderboards, they're what I have been playing mostly. Nice to see myself on a few boards already though.

I spent quite a bit of time with this game and I'm not really sure I like it at all. I got gold medals on all the Beginner/Easy tracks and some on Terminal Velocity tracks. My problems with the game have nothing to do with the controls or the difficulty: I'm just hating how the bike is handling and the bike behaves when hitting objects. The bike seems to just love getting stuck or going to a dead stop after hitting an object -- not a crash, just no momentum or anything.

Part of my frustration at first was me playing the game wrong: I was treating it the way I would in real life. I watched the replays from the people near the top of the leaderboards and noticed that they would hold down the gas nearly the entire time. I started to do better after using that (although that's kind of 'well, duh' from Trials HD vets).

I'm not saying anyone's love for this game is unfounded or am I putting them down: I just don't see what so great about Trials Evolution. I'm not frustrated or 'rage quitting,' I just feel like something's missing. At first I thought maybe something like a 'no crash/no fail mode' would help my enjoyment, but then I realized that this just isn't the game for me.

The full throttle, big air approach is reduced as the difficulty increases. By the time you reach the extreme tracks, it's all about lean and delicate throttle/brake balance.

However, no game is for everyone so if you're not having fun, move on to other games.

Noaloha

My new track is up, whoo!

After beating our head against the desk trying to beat extreme stages, me and my friend got this idea for a track where everything is idyllic and happiness and there's nothing to worry about, basically a "feel good" track. So I made a track with that idea in mind. And here it is, Extremely Extreme! The easiest extreme track you'll ever play.

2012-04-29_00-29-4502j07.png

2012-04-29_00-33-345jjyz.png

Fun track! I (FarTooDee) just snaffled the leaderboard's top spot from you by over half a second. >:]

Getting that first landing right so that you get enough traction to clear the next upward slope was tricky. I figured out a way to shave some time off the final approach too. It looks a li'l sloppy but it works a treat!

Railer

Golded all easy, medium and hard tracks now. Now I'm gonna try to gold the extreme ones and then I'll start with platinums. Love this game!

IMPORTANT NOTICE

I just removed the four people on the NeoGAF Trials friend list who have played Evolution for less than an hour since release. This was the second wave of removing people, having last week removed those who had not purchased the game. Next weekend I will remove the four 6 people who have under two hours played, if that is still the case.

We need to make room for people who actually want to compete on the leaderboards and there are several out there waiting who are actively playing the game and are contributing here on the forum.

If you have been on holiday or tied up otherwise and simply have not been able to play, that is fine. Just post here as evidence you are actually following the GAF Trials community, and send another request to NeoGAF Trials. I'll add you back in.

Those at risk of removal for next week are:

PiratePwnsNinja 1h7min
edit: June8407 1h10min
Shurs 1h25min
daFeef 1h31min
Bryehn 1h44min
Zack Money

NeoGAF Trials account has openings. Post here first, then send a friend request to be added.

Bigwinnerx and I'll send an invite. Have a few hours in.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
The track editor, as awesome as it is, overwhelms me. I have a few ideas but just have no idea where to start. Watched a few of the tutorial vids but that doesn't help. Lol.

Sectus

Fun track! I (FarTooDee) just snaffled the leaderboard's top spot from you by over half a second. >:]

Getting that first landing right so that you get enough traction to clear the next upward slope was tricky. I figured out a way to shave some time off the final approach too. It looks a li'l sloppy but it works a treat!
Yipes, good work! It looks like you'll remain the top spot for the track. I spent a ton of time testing it, and I was only able to get barely under my platinum requirement twice.

Sectus, you're Downhill track astounded and confused me :/
I really should have put more work into that before uploading it. It's the first track I ever worked on. My idea was even different than I initially planned. While working on the track, I noticed that without doing any input, the bike would automatically do this fancy flip, not fault at all and almost reach the goal. After carefully placing a few ramps it was able to get the entire way to the goal by itself. I like the idea, but it's not really presentable as it is.

The track editor, as awesome as it is, overwhelms me. I have a few ideas but just have no idea where to start. Watched a few of the tutorial vids but that doesn't help. Lol.
I'd suggest doing it step by step. Start by making a track which only uses the terrain. Then make a track with a few objects. Once you feel ready to go really indepth, I'd suggest you watch the entire tutorial video series, they show a ton of valuable tips. I'll list one tip here which is invaluable which I don't think is actually mentioned in the game: press down right analog stick to get something to snap to the driving line. That's super useful when placing objects.

Al right, this is pretty cool:

Trials Evolution Custom Track - Terminator 2

He even got the rolling tire in there at the end.
It's really well designed from a visual standpoint, and some of the events are fancy, but holy heck the track is annoying to play. You can rarely see the driving line and the constant drastic camera shifts are annoying.

Majukun

you can xreate even new minigames with the editor right?

i'm just waiting to end the run with the borderlands dlc ,and then i'll have the space to install this game..,damn 20gb 360...

Najaf

Alright. NeoGAF Trials friend list is full again. Next weekend there will be some more cuts as I described earlier.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I've been battling for top times with my 10-year-old son. There is a clear downward skill curve as I'm getting older and have less time to play, and his is sharply upward. At the moment I'm holding him off, but it's tight on a few tracks and as soon as he gets the hang of the Phoenix I'm dead. Good fun though.

Supercross local multiplayer is funny too, although the built in tracks are only beginner/easy. We downloaded some medium and hard tracks and that's really funny as we're constantly making mistakes. Bailout finish is genius

Strangely though, he doesn't always show up on the friends times when you're selecting a track, but his ghost dot is there

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Uuuugh; just finished Inferno 3, that's all the Extreme tracks down.

Only got a bronze on them, but that's a major skill level up for me. I've gotten a lot better at this compared to Trials HD. Am also within shooting distance of a silver on a few... I guess I'll actually go for it this time.

Shurs

IMPORTANT NOTICE

I just removed the four people on the NeoGAF Trials friend list who have played Evolution for less than an hour since release. This was the second wave of removing people, having last week removed those who had not purchased the game. Next weekend I will remove the four 6 people who have under two hours played, if that is still the case.

We need to make room for people who actually want to compete on the leaderboards and there are several out there waiting who are actively playing the game and are contributing here on the forum.

If you have been on holiday or tied up otherwise and simply have not been able to play, that is fine. Just post here as evidence you are actually following the GAF Trials community, and send another request to NeoGAF Trials. I'll add you back in.

Those at risk of removal for next week are:

PiratePwnsNinja 1h7min
edit: June8407 1h10min
Shurs 1h25min
daFeef 1h31min
Bryehn 1h44min
Zack Money

NeoGAF Trials account has openings. Post here first, then send a friend request to be added.

You can go ahead and drop me if you need more spots. I don't know how much time I'm gonna have to dedicate to Trials this week.

MMaRsu

Banned
My second map is very close to being done, improved on some important spots as suggested by gaffers and I hope I can get some people to beta test it with me?

If anyone is down just send me a message : MMaRsu NL is my gamertag.

It's really turning out amazing imo.

Oreoleo

My second map is very close to being done, improved on some important spots as suggested by gaffers and I hope I can get some people to beta test it with me?

If anyone is down just send me a message : MMaRsu NL is my gamertag.

It's really turning out amazing imo.

pfff friends list is full pfff

atomsk

Party Pooper
reflow fixed BOTH 360's (yes, even the launch unit)

now to stress test my usual one, and see how that goes

BACK IN BUSINESS

Gen X

After seeing all the discussion on trying to get a Platinum on the first track Ridge Tracer I went back and tried. And tried. And tried. One hour later and I am just 0:00.013 off. Man it's frustrating.

jaypah

Me and my girl looking for more trials evo times to compare. Plenty of space on both accounts GT: JAYPAH GT: EmWii thanks!

Rawker

Uuuugh; just finished Inferno 3, that's all the Extreme tracks down.

Only got a bronze on them, but that's a major skill level up for me. I've gotten a lot better at this compared to Trials HD. Am also within shooting distance of a silver on a few... I guess I'll actually go for it this time.

me too, it was such a great feeling beating each check point on inferno 3. i went back and tried to silver some of the earlier extreme ones and i was only able to do the first one so far, in time though.

sneaky77

man.. it hurts so bad to be so close to platinum medals in a few tracks for not being able to crack those extra .200 or .170 lol

also.. fuck you gigatrack.. lol I thought cutting down on my faults would get me the gold but I still almost a minute over time with 5 faults which is enough for gold..(if you come in at 7:55)

Wow what a track to pick for the NeoGAF Track of the Week. Fucking rage inducing piece of shit track. This was Ninja Gaiden, throw a controller type of rage for me. I know I can probably take 15 seconds off my time but not without wanting to break something. =)

Oreoleo

Just spent a long time going through the second half of the extreme tracks.. my hand hurts now. Way of the Ninja was cool but Wreck and Inferno 3 kinda suck. Spacing the checkpoints out like they did in Ninja works more for me versus some of the XXXXtreme obstacles in the other courses, but I get why both areas are covered.

Incidentally, I got the Platinum on Dammed before that, beating all my friends' times by at least 3 seconds. Come at me bros!

My new track is up, whoo!

After beating our head against the desk trying to beat extreme stages, me and my friend got this idea for a track where everything is idyllic and happiness and there's nothing to worry about, basically a "feel good" track. So I made a track with that idea in mind. And here it is, Extremely Extreme! The easiest extreme track you'll ever play.

2012-04-29_00-29-4502j07.png

2012-04-29_00-33-345jjyz.png

Is there an easy way to download this? For some reason there's no way to search track names (unless I missed it).

Also, how do I unlock more tracks for multiplayer? I'm playing local with a few other people but all the tracks are Easy or Beginner.

Should be noted they also work retroactively. If you earned one before unknowingly, it will count. Which is cool.

it does after you unlock Platinum medals and you have a gold medal in the stage.

Ah, thanks.

I was trying for platinum on the easy tracks and pushing furthur, yet still not getting anything. I was doubting I'd bother after that, but now I know it eventually sets a target for platinum, I am certain I'll continue trying.

Najaf

Ah, thanks.

I was trying for platinum on the easy tracks and pushing furthur, yet still not getting anything. I was doubting I'd bother after that, but now I know it eventually sets a target for platinum, I am certain I'll continue trying.

To be clear, you unlock platinum medals after you 'beat' the game by attaining 135 medals total. You will see the credits roll, then extreme tracks and platinum medals are available.

Gen X

Is there an easy way to download this? For some reason there's no way to search track names (unless I missed it).

Search by GT as mentioned (GT is in that pic) but it should also be noted that gamertags need to be entered as they appear. If you type it all in lowercase when there are capital letters in the name, you might not find what you're looking for.

To be clear, you unlock platinum medals after you 'beat' the game by attaining 135 medals total. You will see the credits roll, then extreme tracks and platinum medals are available.

Thanks again - I was thinking platinum medals were impossibly hard, but it's much better now to have a target to work towards.

Oreoleo

I wanna play that Terminator 2 track you guys were talking about a couple days ago. Where is it D:

Edit: Sectus' map bringing the lulz. I was practically in hysterics from the first jump to the end. Fun stuff dude.

MMaRsu

Banned
I have just released my second track!!!
I have put countless hours into it, and now it's finally released!!

It's called Trials Raider and it's a small nod to Tomb Raider obviously even going by the description.

Gamertag : MMaRsu NL
Track Name : Trials Raider
Gametype : Trials
Tags : High-Speed, Scenic, Multiple Routes, Themed
Difficulty : Hard
Description : Can you find the treasure hidden deep in the temple? It's Trials Raiders!!

I would highly recommend everybody to play this, I have put quite a lot of hours into this map, and finally it's finished! Imo one of the better custom tracks even though I made it myself lol.. Not a lot of weird camera angles or twists and turns. There are multiple routes to take once you get inside the temple and even then there is a hidden path to take somewhere! I wont spoil the surprise but I hope you all enjoy it!

Please download it, rate it and let me know what you guys think!! :D

Top Bottom