• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trials Fusion |OT| webm required for proper OT experience!

Yeah, that track is pretty great, had fun playing through it. A bit on the easy side for me personally (not that I zero-faulted it), but fun.

Maybe some of the stuff here could help you? Most of the tutorial videos there are for the Trials Evo editor, but there are some for Fusion as well.

Thanks for the heads up man! :D Appreciate it.

japtor

Heh I think my times are pretty similar on some of those, even got to 17 on Infinite Trials a few days ago. For those triple blocks that took you out I just gun it through them, I seem to have a much better success rate doing that than trying to do it carefully.

And goddamn Infinite Trials looks like ass on 360. The blocks have a massive annoying bloom effect, which varies between blocks so it's not even consistent (some look like the ones in your video, some look like blobs of light), and I think they just zap into existence instead of with those little animations.

Was hoping someone had details on DLC :(

Has the DLC for previous Trials games been a mixture of Easy to Hard tracks or do they just give more to those who mastered the game?

Overdoziz

Banned
Heh I think my times are pretty similar on some of those, even got to 17 on Infinite Trials a few days ago. For those triple blocks that took you out I just gun it through them, I seem to have a much better success rate doing that than trying to do it carefully.
Yeah, I'm usually too cautious afraid of overshooting it like in the end and because in Infinite Trials I'm not always certain what comes after it. That why I often try to land on the edge and just whip my back tire onto the platform, but it's a bit risky.

MYeager

Was hoping someone had details on DLC :(

Has the DLC for previous Trials games been a mixture of Easy to Hard tracks or do they just give more to those who mastered the game?

Mix of both. For Fusion the first DLC was a mix of easy/medium tracks with a couple very hard ones, the second one was medium/hard with more extreme tracks.

So they finally revealed when the first DLC pack is coming for this game, and it's STILL a month away. It arrives on July 29th. Unfortunately there is more bad news.

The first DLC pack will only contain 6 pure Trials tracks. It will also include some other bullshit no one will care about, like a new FMX track, two new local multiplayer tracks, and one new skill game.

So yeah, it seems that Ubisoft has decided to pull the same shit most big publishers end up pulling with a great franchise once they get their hands around it. Charge more and deliver less.

For comparison purposes, the first DLC pack for Trials Evolution contained 36 tracks. Yeah, you heard that right. 36 tracks.

Audioboxer

So they finally revealed when the first DLC pack is coming for this game, and it's STILL a month away. It arrives on July 29th. Unfortunately there is more bad news.

The first DLC pack will only contain 6 pure Trials tracks. It will also include some other bullshit no one will care about, like a new FMX track, two new local multiplayer tracks, and one new skill game.

So yeah, it seems that Ubisoft has decided to pull the same shit most big publishers end up pulling with a great franchise once they get their hands around it. Charge more and deliver less.

For comparison purposes, the first DLC pack for Trials Evolution contained 36 tracks. Yeah, you heard that right. 36 tracks.

How else are they going to sell a season pass....

pacman85

Wow, that sucks. Yeah looking at Trials HD DLC, they were both $5 each and the first one added 40 tracks, the second one added 35 tracks and the other DLC pack for Trials Evolution (Riders of Doom) added 40 new tracks. Crazy...

Rocketz

I wouldn't mind as much if it was close but that is ridiculous to say the least. Will wait until all is out and it's on sale

Wow. How incredibly disappointing. I already said I would not be buying any DLC that included FMX, and I'm even less interested with a whopping 6 tracks.

I'd rather they pretend Fusion never happened, re-release Evolution with upgraded visuals, cross-platform with cross-platform Track-Central and call it a day.

Check out this pathetic response from a RedLynx developer on the official forums. I mean if he didn't have the developer tag under his name I would have assumed this was just sarcasm.
6 single player tracks sure
BUT
there are 18 big challenges that are like "tracks inside tracks". trust me.
Lots of really good objects that change the mood of tracks.. ALL tracks that people can create.
Also fixes, free features ,objects etc etc. Lots of stuff coming and full team is still committed to continue on fusion. We're truly not done yet!

People tend to overestimate things in short run BUT underestimate in long run.

sneaky77

user created tracks have been amazing.. so more stuff for creators is great, it is disappointing for sure.. but since they got bought out.. is probably not entirely up to them, unfortunately.

Holy shit... SIX tracks?! Man... I'm really disappointed. I didn't think that Ubi would fumble the Trials franchise on this gen because the last two Trials games were SO well done. I bought every Trials Evo and Trials HD DLC that they released, they were all fantastic... an awesome number of great tracks at great prices.

Six tracks...

Forget it, Ubi killed Trials. I feel bad for anybody whose first Trials game is Trials Fusion.

Micerider

First time I bought a Season pass before knowing what the DLC would be (based on past Trials experiences)...and well, last time I do that thanks to Ubi. Really feeling fooled at that point.

Holy crap at those platinums. The thing that's holding me back is that ability to kind of hop along on back tyre, wheely up a ramp, or to accelerate hard without being in a fight between leaning forward and bike flipping backwards. Just cant quite control the bike precisely enough - as a consequence I don't have any fault - free hard runs. Yet. Any tips?

RoadHazard

Gold Member
6 new tracks? Thanks for making me a fool when I bought the season pass, Ubisoft.

First time I bought a Season pass before knowing what the DLC would be (based on past Trials experiences)...and well, last time I do that thanks to Ubi. Really feeling fooled at that point.

Don't really understand why you would do this. Why didn't you wait? The season pass doesn't cost any more now than it did at release, and you didn't save anything by buying the deluxe edition of the game. If you bought the retail version you had no choice, I guess, but if you bought the digital version there was no reason to buy the season pass before you knew what it would include.

Holy crap at those platinums. The thing that's holding me back is that ability to kind of hop along on back tyre, wheely up a ramp, or to accelerate hard without being in a fight between leaning forward and bike flipping backwards. Just cant quite control the bike precisely enough - as a consequence I don't have any fault - free hard runs. Yet. Any tips?

You don't really need to do a lot of that on the Hard tracks, do you? As long as you're decent at basic techniques like bunny-hopping they're pretty straightforward. You probably just need to get more consistent. Anyway, just keep playing and learn how the bike reacts to different things. That's really all there is to it.

Don't really understand why you would do this. Why didn't you wait? The season pass doesn't cost any more now than it did at release, and you didn't save anything by buying the deluxe edition of the game. If you bought the retail version you had no choice, I guess, but if you bought the digital version there was no reason to buy the season pass before you knew what it would include.

You don't really need to do a lot of that on the Hard tracks, do you? As long as you're decent at basic techniques like bunny-hopping they're pretty straightforward. You probably just need to get more consistent. Anyway, just keep playing and learn how the bike reacts to different things. That's really all there is to it.

Yeah I think I'm being a bit heavy handed on the controls, maybe, that's all. I can't consisently bunny hop - is it literally flick left, instant flick right, just before you leave the top of an obstacle?

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Yeah I think I'm being a bit heavy handed on the controls, maybe, that's all. I can't consisently bunny hop - is it literally flick left, instant flick right, just before you leave the top of an obstacle?

Don't just mindlessly go left-right. You want to lean back as you're approaching the point where you want to hop, then lean forward right before your back wheel loses contact with the ground. That last part is important, pay close attention to what your back wheel is actually doing. I see so many beginners try to bunny hop and fail, and the reason they fail is usually that they don't lean forward until after the back wheel has already lost contact with the ramp/platform/whatever. Leaning forward when you're already in the air won't do you much good, you need actual ground below you to spring off of. Then, once you're in the air, you usually want to lean back again to pull the bike up beneath you.

Brakara

Probably because Redlynx had earned that faith, but I failed to take Ubisoft into account so the joke's on me I guess. Of course, it also means I'm done buying anything RedLynx related for the foreseeable future. Fool me once, etc.

Micerider

Yes, bought the physical version. As mentioned, I don't buy Season passes before release of the DLC otherwise. So that makes me even more disgruntled.

snacknuts

we all knew her

Jesus, what a kick in the nuts.

It's pretty funny, by the time you get all the content from the $20 season pass, you'll have the equivalent content of one $5 piece of DLC from the old games.

Developers are properly trolling with this season pass shit, but people who buy them let them get away with it.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
How is the 360 creator community. Is it lively? Are there a lot of tracks for local co-op?

Thinking of pulling the trigger during the sale.

jediyoshi

Probably because Redlynx had earned that faith, but I failed to take Ubisoft into account so the joke's on me I guess. Of course, it also means I'm done buying anything RedLynx related for the foreseeable future. Fool me once, etc.

..what did they earn the faith from in the first place that wasn't also Ubi published?

In any case, I'm not seeing how your future indiscriminant buying decisions line up with your mistake here, the issue was you paid for something without knowing what it was. The alternative you had between whatever they do in the future and what you could've done here is still there in simply waiting.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
How is the 360 creator community. Is it lively? Are there a lot of tracks for local co-op?

Thinking of pulling the trigger during the sale.

Can't make multiplayer tracks in Fusion. There's only the 10 or so included tracks, and that's it. Track Central is just for singleplayer tracks.

When I looked at PC Track Central last week it was about 1200 tracks. A wasteland basically.

About what I expected. Or, maybe not that it would be quite that bad, but that it would be far behind the console versions. PS4 is approaching 20K tracks, if it hasn't already reached that.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Can't make multiplayer tracks in Fusion. There's only the 10 or so included tracks, and that's it. Track Central is just for singleplayer tracks.
Wait.. They removed this feature from Evolution?! What the fuck? Are you serious?

If true, I'm good saving my money.

SZips

So, we've waited all these weeks (and will continue to wait until the 29th) just for six actual tracks that will probably be beaten in 20-30 minutes?

To put it mildly: That's an incredible letdown.

sneaky77

So, we've waited all these weeks (and will continue to wait until the 29th) just for six actual tracks that will probably be beaten in 20-30 minutes?

To put it mildly: That's an incredible letdown.

yes, thank goodness for the people with the skill to create awesome tracks.. new things for them, will be good for everyone lol

RoadHazard

Gold Member
yes, thank goodness for the people with the skill to create awesome tracks.. new things for them, will be good for everyone lol

Except you have to buy the DLC to be able to play any tracks created with the new objects. Which I guess makes sense, but I really don't feel like buying it considering how light it is on actual tracks.

sneaky77

Except you have to buy the DLC to be able to play any tracks created with the new objects. Which I guess makes sense, but I really don't feel like buying it considering how light it is on actual tracks.

Do you really? That doesn't make much sense.. I figured it would be a patch to include the assets you just can't create tracks with them

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Do you really? That doesn't make much sense.. I figured it would be a patch to include the assets you just can't create tracks with them

Nope, you need to have the DLC if you want to play tracks created using it. Their justification is that it wouldn't be fair to track creators if only they had to pay for it while everyone else got to enjoy their work for free.

Steiner84

All 26 hours. Multiple times.
Nope, you need to have the DLC if you want to play tracks created using it. Their justification is that it wouldn't be fair to track creators if only they had to pay for it while everyone else got to enjoy their work for free.

lol. wow. that is some class A bullshit right here.
Im getting a good fix on the custom tracks so far. On PS4 there are really lots and lots still coming in every day.
So maybe I'll wait until there are more DLCs released and get the Season pass in a sale..

Zack117

Banned
Last time I looked into this thread I wasn't a member yet.

Apparently a patch is hitting on Thursday. A lot of bug fixes, and some tweaks to track central, etc. Also adds the ability to make multiplayer tracks, which of course can only be used locally, for now.

http://trials.ubi.com/trials-portal/en-GB/news/detail.aspx?c=tcm:154-158723-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32

and the first DLC pack comes next Wednesday. I think the DLC is a terrible deal, but I bought the PS4 version on disc, so I've already got the season pass.

These are some nice news. I hope they'll finally remove the coffin exploit from the trials and wipe the leaderboard rankings that used it.

Still haven't purchased the season pass and probably won't do it in near future unless for a discount price.
I already see myself falling all the way down the leaderboard when the first dlc hits the systems.

Top Bottom