• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tribes: Ascend Game of the Year Edition Coming Friday

Via Shacknews

The fast-paced multiplayer shooter Tribes: Ascend is nearing the year-old mark, and Hi-Rez Studios is rolling out a "Game of the Year Edition" of the free-to-play game. It will launch on Friday, February 15.

The set grants you all nine classes, more than 100 weapons, and all 21 perks in one go. It includes all of the weapon and perk DLC from the 10 previous expansions, along with a new Shocklance weapon. It will hit Steam for a "discount price" of $29.99, so we can expect the price to go up sometime after. If you're already a VIP, you can grab it for $19.99.

Friday will also see the addition of six new maps (three CTF/Blitz, three Arena), two cosmetic skins, and the Shocklance weapon for individual purchase. The game is also getting an extensive patch with some bug fixes and balance adjustments.

Trailer

awesome game but I could never really got into it. That learning curve. Incredibly rewarding if you get into it.

Look for Star's video on youtube :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5gYql-3BcU

Really wish they had something like this when I first got into the game. I played it a good 40-50 hours so I'm pretty much done at this point, even though I never got a chance to use 95% of the weapons/perks

Is this the closest thing to UT2004 that people still play? I have been on the hunt for a sci-fi FPS with vehicles ever since I got back into PC gaming.

I put massive time into 2k4 but it seems like nobody has made a game like it since (including Epic).

This model should have been applied to all free to play games a long time ago.

I have been talking up this model for sometime. Granted before it was you pay 50 or so and have in game points to buy almost everything (with a few items i think still being just out of reach). Now it just solidifies my opinion that the game is basically a commercial title released entirely for free.

This is the type of f2p model I expect to see come to consoles eventually.

I think Mechwarrior Online and Hawken have adopted similar freemium models.

Shambles

Are players able to mod and create their own servers like they could with the original? I played a bit of Ascend and thought it was a good game but the F2P stuff makes me wonder if there's going to be any long term community with the game.

Are players able to mod and create their own servers like they could with the original? I played a bit of Ascend and thought it was a good game but the F2P stuff makes me wonder if there's going to be any long term community with the game.

You see your name? That's the community right now.

This game didn't even hold as an e-sport because of the the blatant balance issues that they refused to fix from the start. They just kept shitting out new guns and classes in hope that people would shut up.

Top Bottom