• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trine 2 coming to PS4

zroid

Banned
Assuming it incorporates the additional content in the Wii U version (and PC?) and is on par with the PC version visually, then this will be definitive in my view.

Oppo

Wii U version is indeed 1080p (I believe 360 and PS3 are variable rez) but the Wii U one is all blown out color-wise, for some strange reason.

test_account said:
According to the Digital Foundry comparison of Trine 2, the WiiU version is 720p.

Hmm?

Digital Foundry said:
All three console versions render in 720p [Update: Frozenbyte has now confirmed dynamic resolution scaling on PS3 and 360 to sustain frame-rate vs. locked native resolution on Wii U]

What did I miss...?

edit - oh, apparently I missed a Frozebyte employee saying it was so. Confusing.

test_account

XP-39C²
Hmm?

What did I miss...?

edit - oh, apparently I missed a Frozebyte employee saying it was so. Confusing.
I think they mean that the PS3 and Xbox 360 version runs a dynamic resolution, so that it isnt always 720p, but on WiiU, its native 720p. But yeah, i agree that is a bit confusing since it doesnt specifically mention that the WiiU is in native 720p in that article update.

Sendou

I don't see why they would make it a cross-buy title unless Sony is paying them. They are after all taking the time and effort to build this port for PS4 and they don't benefit it from any other way like Sony does with making their PS4 ports cross-buy. It has been on PS+ too.

SystemsGo

Banned
Beat this game on PC and have the demo version of it on PS3. Beautiful looking game but I don't think it will benefit much from being on the PS4. I had my settings on max for the PC and it didn't look that much better than the PS3 version. Seems like they're just porting it just for the sake of it (dat money).

hesido

I was Trine too hard for the first game to not get bored, but somehow I managed to, and failed to finish it.

MDSLKTR

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/10/28/trine-2-complete-story-coming-to-ps4/

Most interesting part:
PlayStation 4 has allowed us to go all-out on the technical side, so you’ll get to enjoy the beautiful graphics in 1080p resolution at 60 FPS! What’s more, the game also supports stereoscopic 3D! With 3D displays becoming more common every day, we’ve made sure Trine 2: Complete Story is a treat to play in 3D as well.

That would be the first 3D compatible game announced for ps4. Here's hoping other games get patched.

KalBalboa

Banned
I'm thinking about buying this- did anyone here get it on PS4? Anyone know if we can use a Vita for local cooperative?

eshock

May as well ask in this thread too:

Can someone that's unlocked the Goblin Menace levels try uploading a save file? I've bought this game a few times before and beaten the main game, really just want to play the DLC levels.

Thanks!

Top Bottom