• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Truly Weird Stuff Showing Up in Steam Database (Halo, KOF13, other unlikely stuff)

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
More fun with Microsoft Games, the is a Game Hub listing for Rise of Nations Gold.
If there's one for Midtown Madness 3, I'll pee myself right here, right now.

Releasing that game as an Xbox exclusive was a crime, given that the previous games had a PC version (actually that's the only version of them).

Duriii

What the hell is 'serious sam: revolution'?

http://cdr.xpaw.ru/app/227780/

And for that matter... is that the AOE 2 icon? Microsoft put it up.

http://cdr.xpaw.ru/app/221380/

Yup, that's an official icon for game addon, The Conquerors.

This is so weird, that MS neglected online gaming stores for so long. You couldn't even purchase most of the games they published pre-GFWL time in their own GFWL store. And even some of the games, that used it, were not available there like Gears of War PC...

1-D_FTW

I wouldn't worry about the Dyad leak either. This was actually a much better reveal, because all this talk got me going WTF is Dyad and made me go look. Not that I wouldn't have looked when it got released in March anyways. Just got me to pay attention sooner.

Ultimately, though, it's going to do what it does based on user buzz of the actual game. I don't think a good/bad reveal is going to have much affect either way (though I would put this closer to the good category).

What the...
Tvoxqcm.jpg

The Final Fantasy games have been in the registry for AGES haven't they? VII has at least.

Ooo:

51100 ValveTestApp51100 Tactical Intervention

Gooseman's spiritual sequel to Counter-Strike. Some people were saying that it would be a Steamworks title last year, so I guess it'll happen.

Rapstah

homefrontc4j9b.png

Homefront 2, several Homefront (2?) betas left over.

saintsrowvxbwj.png

Saints Row IV and Saints Row Episode 4, whatever the latter is.

Edit: Not that there was ever any doubt that these games were coming to Steam if they were to come out, that is.

Edit II:
preynxjps.png

Makes sense.

Edit III:
metroyfjom.png

Metro: Last Light DLC already in the registry, might be pre-order stuff.

Edit IV:
teamfortressdlcrange5pkr7.png

Team Fortress 2 also has a "DLC range".

Symphonic

Is that registry search or just game pages based on "non-steam games"?

I feel like this is getting to the point where Valve needs to say something.

Omega

Banned
It's amazing how there's 1,186 in an official steam group for a game that's not even officially coming.

Come on Microsoft, do it.

legacyzero

Banned
Would people buy Halo 3 on PC? I mean, really? On consoles I can try to understand because of the level of competition but on PC? Hmm. Also, are Halo games on Steam already?
Goddamn right, I would. Especially if they allow mod tools. Anybody whos played Halo Custom Edition on pc will tell you.

And Halo 3 by itself is still the best in the series IMO.

The Phantomnaut

Neo Member
I will be a bit sad if the KOF games are only compatible on Windows 8 but from what I am guessing, Japanese developers might not be ready to optimize for the OS. Also KOFXIII Climax arcade runs on barebones version of XP so I have good hopes.

jsnepo

WTF is going on?! Halo on Steam? I already have Windows 8 and it would be great if there is a Steam Metro app.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I will be a bit sad if the KOF games are only compatible on Windows 8 but from what I am guessing, Japanese developers might not be ready to optimize for the OS. Also KOFXIII Climax arcade runs on barebones version of XP so I have good hopes.

Why would the KOF games be Win8 exclusive?

They wouldn't, obviously. I'm not even sure Valve would be cool with anything being Win8 exclusive on their store.
They were okay with Just Cause 2, a Vista/Win 7-exclusive, being in their store. It's not quite the same extent, but there's a bit of precedence all the same.

Well ... that certainly is something. I think they said there was something like 12 concurrent users max playing Halo 2? They probably wouldnt make a change like this, and for such a short time, for no good reason and for such a tiny player base.

Yep, something is going on. I'm assuming they're going to release the game in some digital form, but maybe not on Steam.
Hopefully they release a huge patch for the game if they do, but it wouldn't surprise me if they leave it as it is.

rrs

If there's one for Midtown Madness 3, I'll pee myself right here, right now.

Releasing that game as an Xbox exclusive was a crime, given that the previous games had a PC version (actually that's the only version of them).

I don't think it's ever going to happen, which is a huge shame. One can dream of Midtown Madness 4 for next gen.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
Haha, this thread has basically done a better job of announcing Super House of Dead Ninjas than we were. Thanks Stump! ;D

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
I'm honestly more interested in Fast and the Furious 6 at this point. I'm holding out hope that it's a port of the Fast and the Furious Super Cars arcade game.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Fighting games on PC just seem like a real WTF? I don't think there is any market and besides they would be pretty awkward to play local multiplayer (which is at least the way I and many people I know mainly play fighters).

Still, cool to see SNK expanding their properties a bit more.

Newblade

Fighting games on PC just seem like a real WTF? I don't think there is any market and besides they would be pretty awkward to play local multiplayer (which is at least the way I and many people I know mainly play fighters).

Still, cool to see SNK expanding their properties a bit more.

Capcom saw fit to release SSFIV:AE and SFxT after SFIV, so there's certainly profit to be made by porting fighting games.

Also you seem to understate the importance of online multiplayer.

Top Bottom