• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Truly Weird Stuff Showing Up in Steam Database (Halo, KOF13, other unlikely stuff)

ArjanN

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, including achievements.

http://steamdb.info/app/234080/

It has the DLC achievements as well, so I guess those will be included.

I wonder what the "Lucasarts testapp" is for? Maybe Grim Fandango or Full Throttle?

More likely some Star Wars game. zzz.

I can definitely see this being announced and released during or shortly after PAX.

I expect a bunch of this stuff (like Deadpool and Mortal Kombat) to be announced real soon at PAX or GDC.

It has to be. How many more SW games they left? Never played Full Throttle, but Grim Fandango is one of the best games ever.

8GR6RgY.jpg

9uT4wmW.jpg

ArjanN

It has to be. How many more SW games they left? Never played Full Throttle, but Grim Fandango is one of the best games ever.

Probably still a bunch, and they're always making more shitty Star Wars games! :p

Full Throttle was great, I liked it better than Grim Fandango.

Grief.exe

I would pay full price on that shit.

I wonder if Microsoft gonna start embracing steamworks if age of empire 2 hd is any indication. Something like Halo 3 is a megaton type announcement so I don't believe that it is something that would just pop up on steam. GDC or E3 announcement is more likely.

The past 4 games Microsoft have published on PC have been Steamworks.

legacyzero

Banned
I don't think it's that,if MS were going to have BC of some sort it would be the latest halo game.

I was more leaning towards how they are going to relate their PC strategy to their new console as well. No so much a BC lineup, but rather porting some of their existing content to PC to get more money from them, seeing as they have their new toy arriving this year.

"Data from this app (and this app alone) was not directly taken from Valve"

So this April Fools joke was just by this site, and not Valve, in case anyone was wondering.

Nope. Thats what it says for all apps. It's not associated with Valve but the apps listed are directly uploaded from Valve. So this is Valve trollin.

flowsnake

Nope. Thats what it says for all apps. It's not associated with Valve but the apps listed are directly uploaded from Valve. So this is Valve trollin.

So it says "and this app alone" for every app? Might want to think that through a bit more. Or just actually look at another page. :)

Grief.exe

what about 98 and 2002?

98 and 2002 were last updated a month ago, along with the Halo games.

Valve has essentially blocked our ability to parse these apps, for now.

Since Microsoft knows about the leak, and the source, they could have easily moved to a new testapp and we have no way of knowing.

Yeah, it's quite disappointing. I was hoping that GFWL was finally dead and gone.

GWFL is dead and gone, but it's likely that the port was finished before GWFL was canned and they didn't touch it anymore. The game seems to be simply late.

e: It's just a thought of mine, based on the Windows Phone port, which is so late, that it's not even compatible with the latest OS version, Windows Phone 8 (released in October 2012). So yes, Microsoft just published a game that is not compatible with their current phone OS. Only "last gen" Windows Phone 7 devices can play it. And no, they don't intend to fix it.

Nillansan

GWFL is dead and gone, but it's likely that the port was finished before GWFL was canned and they didn't touch it anymore. The game seems to be simply late.

e: It's just a thought of mine, based on the Windows Phone port, which is so late, that it's not even compatible with the latest OS version, Windows Phone 8 (released in October 2012). So yes, Microsoft just published a game that is not compatible with their current phone OS. Only "last gen" Windows Phone 7 devices can play it. And no, they don't intend to fix it.

Yeah I hope that is the case, some other members in the Steam thread have mentioned that as an possibility.

"A post-mortem fart" as another gaffer elegantly put it.

xptoxyz

I think the OP hasn't been updated in a while, but anyway, though without releases set in stone both "Octodad" and "Yogventures" are greenlit for release and targeted for 2013.

Sentenza

So if this wasn't being worked out we would not have seen an update correct?
Theoretically.
On the other hand, this doesn't exclude completely the possibility that they are just toying with the idea, making tests and such, without any confirmed plan.

iavi

So if this wasn't being worked out we would not have seen an update correct?

Not necessarily. The changes being made to the DB have made some games show as having been updated, though it really only refers to the changes on the SteamDB's side of things and not Valve's. They refer to a specific date for these particular changes in their blog post here, but there've been updates since that time that also look like simple DB corrections.

Ultimate Ninja Storm 3, for example, shows of being updated as of 14-15 hours ago, but a look at the history only indicates that there was a change of...change number and nothing more. I don't know if that indicates that the package has had work done, or if its simply the DB correcting itself.

Whole thing has me kinda confused tbh

wwm0nkey

Ok here is what was updated about the Halo apps

Here is Halo CE

2 days ago Removed section_type – ownersonly
2 days ago Removed ogg – 103582791433980565
2 days ago Changed changenumber – 185065 › 215420

3 days ago Added ogg – 103582791433980565
3 days ago Added section_type – ownersonly
3 days ago Added changenumber – 185065
3 days ago Changed app type Unknown › Game
3 days ago Changed name ValveTestApp216760 › Halo: Combat Evolved