• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump Advisers Secretly Met With Jordan’s King

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
https://www.buzzfeed.com/jasonleopo...hile-one-was?utm_term=.lgGjYnZAja#.tdXYE86kYL

In the days leading up to Donald Trump’s presidential inauguration, when his soon-to-be national security adviser Michael Flynn was reportedly pushing a multi-billion-dollar deal to build nuclear reactors in Jordan and other Middle East nations, Flynn and two other top Trump advisers held a secret meeting with the king of Jordan.

The meeting — details of which have never been reported — is the latest in a series of secret, high-stakes contacts between Trump advisers and foreign governments that have raised concerns about how, in particular, Flynn and senior adviser Jared Kushner handled their personal business interests as they entered key positions of power. And the nuclear project raised additional security concerns about expanding nuclear technology in a tinderbox region of the world. One expert compared it to providing “a nuclear weapons starter kit.”

On the morning of January 5, Flynn, Kushner, and former chief strategist Steve Bannon greeted King Abdullah II at the Four Seasons hotel in lower Manhattan, then took off in a fleet of SUVs and a sedan to a different location.

People close to the three Trump advisers say that the nuclear deal was not discussed. But a federal official with access to a document created by a law-enforcement agency about the meeting said that the nuclear proposal, known as the Marshall Plan, was one of the topics the group talked about.

The Wall Street Journal reported that while Flynn’s White House disclosure forms state that he stopped working on the deal in December 2016, he in fact continued to push it even after he entered the White House. Flynn’s lawyer declined to comment on the claims in the Journal story.

1286851.gif

Linkura

I just woke up from a nap, and didn't get that this happened in January when I first read it, and so I was confused as to why he secretly met with Jordan's king now.

Meeting secretly before he was inaugurated? Well shit.

The fact that these fuckers thought they'd get away with withholding all of this shady shit on their disclosure forms never ceases to amaze me.

Listening to the Crooked Media guys talk about disclosure procedures - you don't lie. At all. You tell them every embarrassing and/or incriminating thing you've ever done, no matter how insignificant it might seem. Otherwise you're completely fucking yourself over by putting yourself at huge risk of blackmail.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
http://www.politico.com/story/2017/09/12/michael-flynn-middle-east-nuclear-power-242643
As a top official on President Donald Trump’s transition team, former Army Lt. Gen. Michael Flynn actively promoted a private-sector scheme to build dozens of nuclear reactors across the Middle East known informally in the transition as the “Marshall Plan.” But he did not publicly disclose that backers of the plan had paid him at least $25,000.

Flynn communicated during the transition with the backers of the for-profit plan, billed as a way of strengthening ties between the U.S. and Arab allies looking to develop nuclear power capability. Meanwhile, the Trump adviser expressed his support for the plan with people inside the transition — and discussed its merits with others beyond Trump Tower, according to sources within and close to the Trump team at that time.

Michael Flynn sure was everywhere doing everything to mix business and state interests in both directions.

I wonder if he's not flipped and they're trying to get him to, or he has and they're "airing him out" before he's called on and the airing out is taking a while.

The fact that these fuckers thought they'd get away with withholding all of this shady shit on their disclosure forms never ceases to amaze me.

Listening to the Crooked Media guys talk about disclosure procedures - you don't lie. At all. You tell them every embarrassing and/or incriminating thing you've ever done, no matter how insignificant it might seem. Otherwise you're completely fucking yourself over by putting yourself at huge risk of blackmail.

That's the thing, maybe they thought they could...

Oriel

I just woke up from a nap, and didn't get that this happened in January when I first read it, and so I was confused as to why he secretly met with Jordan's king now.

Meeting secretly before he was inaugurated? Well shit.

Transition teams meeting with foreign dignitaries isn't all that unusual. Pushing private deals on the side for self-gain is a whole different thing though.

Do you have any idea how desperate Kushner and his family are to get their hands on hundreds of millions in cash? It's literally the only reason he's in the White House. These people don't give a shit about disclosures.

Here:
https://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/...l-flop-was-part-of-much-bigger-hunt-for-cash/

Saw this yesterday.

The GoP was trying to go all-in on Susan Rice's "unmaksing" nonsense (which was legal BTW, and the GoP now seem content with that fact) and then we found out why she unmasked those Trump people - because they went behind Obama's back and met with a foreign state leader before Trump was even sworn into office.

So, thanks GoP! Another L for Trump.

emag

The GoP was trying to go all-in on Susan Rice's "unmaksing" nonsense (which was legal BTW, and the GoP now seem content with that fact) and then we found out why she unmasked those Trump people - because they went behind Obama's back and met with a foreign state leader before Trump was even sworn into office.

That's been the exact reasoning repeatedly stated since day one.

It's effectively just a hunt for cash under the pretense of political policy. The Trumps and Kushners have excelled at this shit for decades. Now they're just doing it on the grandest stage of them all. Both families are pure garbage. Everything they do is a front for their own self-interests and get rich quick schemes.

I mean, King Abdullah II of Jordan attended school in the US back around 1980.
And he brought various people from the US over to Jordan to set up a similar school system there.

Just saying.

Top Bottom