• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump, at war with everyone, mocks McCain, McConnell

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
I like how his biggest accomplishment in 9 months is working with dems, and he did for ratings

He didn't do it for ratings. He got rolled by them.

Surfinn

There were reports of Trump realizing that people hate him. I think he did it to get a win, even if it was a small win. Even a few points up in approval polls might be enough to make him feel good, in that moment.

I dunno man... if he manages to make it 3 years without getting shit done, his own party will devour him. Watch. Some other soft R candidate like Kasich or Paul will try again, and hammer that fact hard.

But they'll be doomed if they try and attack his lack of decorum.

Possible, but people voted for Trump because of his perceived independence - not part of the established Washington elites, Republican or Democrats. He's been bashing the gop leadership since primaries.

There were reports of Trump realizing that people hate him. I think he did it to get a win, even if it was a small win. Even a few points up in approval polls might be enough to make him feel good, in that moment.

Whatever his intention, the deal with Dems may win him more voters.

legacyzero

Banned
Possible, but people voted for Trump because of his perceived independence - not part of the established Washington elites, Republican or Democrats. He's been bashing the gop leadership since primaries.
They'll only fall in line so far until it hurts their chances in 2018/2020. The GOP will bail on him en masse. Calling it!

Trump's approval rating hangs in the 30s and that's pretty much his base more or less. That perception of him is clearly withering, and even some of his extreme base like the Ann Coulters of the world are calling for impeachment lol

legacyzero

Banned
LITERALLY just happened:

CNN headline- "Trump: I will negotiate with Democrats on Health care"

Slide that Public Option in Nancy. Slide it in.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Time for Pelosi and Schumer to slide in Trump's DMs again

RPGCrazied

Add Price to the list. lol What a shitshow!
The Associated Press‏Verified account
@AP

BREAKING: Trump says he's `not happy' with Health and Human Services Secretary Price, is looking closely at his private plane use.

In private, President Trump has taken to physically mocking...Sen. John McCain (imitating the thumbs-down of his historic health-care vote).

Why make fun of that? It's something that screwed Trump over! "Durrhurr, look at me! I'm killing the health care bill!"

daveo42

Banned
Trump needs to keep starting fights with his own party so it becomes easier for the GOP to get on board with impeaching this bastard.

Well, seems like it was *helping* his opinion ratings a bit along with his handling of the hurricanes (well, at least the distraction of the hurricanes). Now he's going down again, probably because of all the overt racism.

I guess when he's doing less shitty stuff, the people around him aren't constantly praising him, ironically enough, so he falls back on the overt racism and harassment stuff that his base loves.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Add Price to the list. lol What a shitshow!

Price seems like the kind of dude who will straight up decide the job isn't worth it if he has to fly commercial/pay for his own private jet and resign if this becomes an actual issue.

LITERALLY just happened:

CNN headline- "Trump: I will negotiate with Democrats on Health care"

Slide that Public Option in Nancy. Slide it in.

President Donald J. Trump says, "We have the votes for health-care" but due to end of reconciliation, "we'll have to do it in January or February"

Who knows. We're still recovering from some of the things Reagan did. Aside from social issues, progress in this country moves incredibly slowly.

We're still recovering from some of the things Johnson did. And I don't mean LBJ.

Presidents can have permanent effects on a country, both good and bad.

I don't see why people believe there's any pattern or rationality to Trump's behaviour and use his outbursts to speculate on the next big 'news drop'. It's Trump, the man has no rhyme or reason for his ramblings.
This. He's in complete "act like a jackass" mode 24/7.

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
This is surprising?

151127_gma_llamas_0707_16x9_992.jpg

yeah cause he is so respectful to people with disabilities.

Still hard to believe he got elected. Someone said it best. If he does get impeached, quits, the story isn't over. Because we still have all those who voted for him, support him out there.

When he mocked McCain for being a war hero was there any boos raining down on Trump like those that rain down on the athletes that kneel during the anthem?

Supast4r

It's great that people hate Trump and all, but it has the side effect of making everything about Trump. One of the most frustrating elements of the NFL situation is that the topic has turned from "this was a protest about police brutality facing people of color" to "this is a pro/anti trump thing".

Puerto Rico desperately needs aid. We're facing massive problems in foreign diplomacy with North Korea and Russia. Internally, there's major ethics violations going on with social media and the growing dangers of machine learning. Honestly, there's even a lot of problems that don't involve the president at all and just need national attention. But everything has become about Trump, because that's easy and digestable for the nation. Either you're with Trump or you're against. And you should be against, but there's so many issues outside of that that people need to be cognizant of. You can hate trump but not recognize white privledge, for example.

It's just a terrifying and frustrating system where I'm glad that Trump isn't able to do the things he wants, but it also means that nothing is getting done in this country. We're at a stand-still. It's like the primaries and the election: nothing else gets attention because Trump's name is the most powerful and attractive headline in the business.
Great post and I agree.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
It's great that people hate Trump and all, but it has the side effect of making everything about Trump. One of the most frustrating elements of the NFL situation is that the topic has turned from "this was a protest about police brutality facing people of color" to "this is a pro/anti trump thing".

Puerto Rico desperately needs aid. We're facing massive problems in foreign diplomacy with North Korea and Russia. Internally, there's major ethics violations going on with social media and the growing dangers of machine learning. Honestly, there's even a lot of problems that don't involve the president at all and just need national attention. But everything has become about Trump, because that's easy and digestable for the nation. Either you're with Trump or you're against. And you should be against, but there's so many issues outside of that that people need to be cognizant of. You can hate trump but not recognize white privledge, for example.

It's just a terrifying and frustrating system where I'm glad that Trump isn't able to do the things he wants, but it also means that nothing is getting done in this country. We're at a stand-still. It's like the primaries and the election: nothing else gets attention because Trump's name is the most powerful and attractive headline in the business.
Good analysis except for one part that you're missing. The distraction bubble that he generates actually serves as a smokescreen for the things he actually is getting done that you don't hear about or notice due to all the other bullshit being hurled around.

Top Bottom