• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump, at war with everyone, mocks McCain, McConnell

Yeah, but at least he didn't take a knee during play of the anthem to protest injustice.

So in context of recent disrespectful behaviour in America, this is a nothing burger.

galvatron

Bannon spoke on his candidate's behalf saying that a vote for him was a vote for Trump. Trump said that both guys running in the primary were good men, rambled about NFL stuff, then gave a muted, for him, endorsement to Strange. The guy who won is the guy who put a 10 commandments monument on government property, opposed same sex marriage and said being gay should count against you in adoption decisions, and criticized a Muslim for swearing in on a Quran.

Trump's is taking L's, but that Alabama primary wasn't really one of them.

Sephzilla

His ego won't let him. He's fucking miserable but he's holding on for dear life.

No way, at least not willingly.

I don't think he ever will, unless he is forced to. His ego is way too big for that

I fully expect that Trump will quit if

1) He knows impeachment is imminent
2) He knows he can't win reelection

That way Trump can mentally justify it by saying "I was never impeached, therefore I did nothing wrong" and "I never lost an election. The people loved me". You guys are massively underestimating Trumps mental gymnastics.

Viewt

Wait Bannon's running for office?

That was an awkwardly-phrased sentence. Bannon and Breitbart endorsed Roy Moore instead of Trump's pick, Luther Strange, for the GOP primary to take Jeff Sessions' senate seat. Moore won the primary last night and Trump is said to be fucking furious about it. He deleted all of his pro-Strange tweets like a fucking child.

Trump's been known to stir up shit for no reason, even without anything major to distract from. But the whole NFL kneeling thing has been going on for an exceptionally long time for Trump, his attention span usually isn't this long.

Part of me thinks he's just doing it because he's desperate to give his base something to cheer him on about. He's having fewer and fewer of those these days, so he needs to milk the NFL thing until the last drop.

It's possible something "major" is about to drop, but it's equally possible this is just a sad old man touring his hits to dwindling audiences.

Zolo

That way Trump can mentally justify it by saying "I was never impeached, therefore I did nothing wrong" and "I never lost an election. The people loved me". You guys are massively underestimating Trumps mental gymnastics.

He can't really tell the latter. He'll stick to that. I do expect he'll quit for #1, but stick around if he knows he won't be removed by the senate.

Respect

I am also not on the "something big is about to drop" narrative either. He keeps failing at everything he tries (as laid out in the OP). When you have an ego the size of this clown and everything you work toward is a failure, all you have left is to lash out like this man-baby does time and time again. It's the only thing he can "win" at, whining.

Surfinn

I am also not on the "something big is about to drop" narrative either. He keeps failing at everything he tries (as laid out in the OP). When you have an ego the size of this clown and everything you work toward is a failure, all you have left is to lash out like this man-baby does time and time again. It's the only thing he can "win" at, whining.

I'd like to thing "something big is coming". But realistically this is just who he is

Didn't he become presidential during one of the hurricanes? Also remember that deal he made with democrats? LOL

In all honesty I'm not as worried about Trump as I am worried about all the idiots who support him. Trump can be peer pressured into anything.

Surfinn

Didn't he become presidential during one of the hurricanes? Also remember that deal he made with democrats? LOL

In all honesty I'm not as worried about Trump as I am worried about all the idiots who support him. Trump can be peer pressured into anything.

I like how his biggest accomplishment in 9 months is working with dems, and he did for ratings

I feel real bad hoping he has a stroke. My father was permanently disabled and brain damaged by a stroke. But I hope he has a stroke.
Disability would force people to be polite toward him. I want him to experience the greatest sense of dishonor one can know.

Lunar15

It's great that people hate Trump and all, but it has the side effect of making everything about Trump. One of the most frustrating elements of the NFL situation is that the topic has turned from "this was a protest about police brutality facing people of color" to "this is a pro/anti trump thing".

Puerto Rico desperately needs aid. We're facing massive problems in foreign diplomacy with North Korea and Russia. Internally, there's major ethics violations going on with social media and the growing dangers of machine learning. Honestly, there's even a lot of problems that don't involve the president at all and just need national attention. But everything has become about Trump, because that's easy and digestable for the nation. Either you're with Trump or you're against. And you should be against, but there's so many issues outside of that that people need to be cognizant of. You can hate trump but not recognize white privledge, for example.

It's just a terrifying and frustrating system where I'm glad that Trump isn't able to do the things he wants, but it also means that nothing is getting done in this country. We're at a stand-still. It's like the primaries and the election: nothing else gets attention because Trump's name is the most powerful and attractive headline in the business.

Respect

He is going to take a page from the republican playbook.

He is going to start a war.

Of all the screwed up things he can do, this is what I fear most, the perfect distraction. It fees like he is just looking for a reason and and the slightest excuse he can use (makeup) he will.

Bannon spoke on his candidate's behalf saying that a vote for him was a vote for Trump. Trump said that both guys running in the primary were good men, rambled about NFL stuff, then gave a muted, for him, endorsement to Strange.

He's taking L's, but that Alabama primary wasn't really one of them.

Disagree. A major part of a president's leverage with his party is the power of a Presidential endorsement. The first time Trump's endorsement power was tested, it failed spectacularly. If you are a Republican Senator who just watched what Trump did for Luther Strange, why would you want his "help"?

Where is Trump's political capital going to come from? What Republican is going to go to the mat for a President who will just flip flop and support their primary opponent at the first hint of strife?

The Alabama Primary might be the single biggest L Trump has taken so far. It's certainly the one that has the most importance on the hill leading into 2018.

Ottaro

What thumbs down are they talking about? I only remember mccain holding his hand up to get the attention of the guy calling roll.

He does tend to try to smokescreen some big news that fucks his image over with his ranting antics/rallies/etc.
But he engages in ranting antics 24/7. Of course it's going to overlap with big news.

Mahonay

Banned
163.gif

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
In private, President Trump has taken to physically mocking M&M: Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (slumped shoulders; lethargic body language)

Isn't that just Trump's natural character model?

I have to imagine at some point he's going to mock the GOP too much and they're finally going to crack back and tell him to shut his mouth otherwise they're going to boot him

I feel like this is exactly the plan. Let the puppet make a fool of himself while they try and govern but if he starts to push back they will go hard on the Russia stuff and boot his ass.

The Kree

Banned
Obama spent eight years begging everyone to work with him.

Trump is going to spend eight years telling everyone to go fuck themselves.

BriGuy

With all due respect, I think you're underestimating how narcissistic, craven and evil he can be. He would goad half of the nation to take up arms against the other half before he would quit and fully believe he would be justified in doing it.

I'm sure something big is happening behind the scenes with muellers investigstion that is driving trump up the wall.
We won't find out what that is for a few weeks/month.

My guess is Mueller got the transcripts from the air force one debacle " trump calling Jr to tell him exactly what to say". And the accounts of what happened by the others there

With all due respect, I think you're underestimating how narcissistic, craven and evil he can be. He would goad half of the nation to take up arms against the other half before he would quit and fully believe he would be justified in doing it.

Trump is lazy and apathetic as fuck. Shoring people up for an armed insurrection would require actually caring about a cause and some kind of work ethic. Much easier to resign and play professional victim from the golf course.

Dr.Acula

Banned
It's great that people hate Trump and all, but it has the side effect of making everything about Trump. One of the most frustrating elements of the NFL situation is that the topic has turned from "this was a protest about police brutality facing people of color" to "this is a pro/anti trump thing".

On the one hand, yes, but on the other hand the root of police brutality is white supremacy, and Trump is (if not a white supremacist himself) the white supremacy candidate made leader. For police brutality to end, we need to overhaul the system, and Trump is an impediment.

jstripes

Banned

Thing is this whole NFL distraction started before the latest attempt at repealing Obamacare failed.

Con_Smith

Banned
Major shit has dropped. It just sucks that this pig fucker is so greasy and the republicans are so shit at their jobs that no one with authority is doing anything about it.

- Private email servers
- Spicer getting lawyered up
- Manafort indictment rumblings becoming more than a whisper and a wish
- IRS getting involved with the special council

Patriotism is over. We should be more worried about black guys kneeling instead of a US territory suffering with no clear political assistance being outlined and a corrupt fuck destroying democracy and our institutions.

I somehow missed the story about NK officials back-channeling.

"We're doing our usual insane grandstanding for political purposes at home and abroad, but your main dude seems to be senile and taking it hard. What gives?"

Flo_Evans

I somehow missed the story about NK officials back-channeling.

"We're doing our usual insane grandstanding for political purposes at home and abroad, but your main dude seems to be senile and taking it hard. What gives?"

That was pretty interesting. Like "hey we are just posturing right? right? We are not so sure anymore..."

Disability would force people to be polite toward him. I want him to experience the greatest sense of dishonor one can know.

yeah cause he is so respectful to people with disabilities.

Ithil

Captain Projection strikes again. Slumped shoulders and lethargic, coming from the dipshit who lumbers slowly around hunched over like he's uncertain how to walk and breath at the same time.

mnannola

Almost nothing Trump does surprises me anymore, but I still can't believe we elected someone that mocked a prisoner of war for being captured. I just cant fathom it.

legacyzero

Banned
This is how he will win the second term.
I dunno man... if he manages to make it 3 years without getting shit done, his own party will devour him. Watch. Some other soft R candidate like Kasich or Paul will try again, and hammer that fact hard.

But they'll be doomed if they try and attack his lack of decorum.

Top Bottom