• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump berates Jewish reporter when asked about plan of actions against anti-semitism

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wag

Doesn't Trump have Jewish family members, though?
Him promising to move the US embassy to Jerusalem doesn't sound antisemitic to me either.

Only because his base consists of Christian Zionists. All the Jews need to return to Israel before the 2nd coming can happen. Then the Jews can burn in Hell like everyone else.

He is guiding his office as if it was his business.

When you're not happy with a contractor you bash him. The more damage you cause to 3rd party the better is because it shows you have power and other contractors will start to straighten up.

I see this kind of power play almost daily because of my job. It tells a lot regarding Trump's psychology.

He's making it appear as the journalist fucked up. The journalist twitter looks as an apology because he knows that he might be kept from attending conference presses. And the press might now be scared to push heavy questions.

You have a shark at the head of America.

Skyzard

Banned
'I'm the least anti-Semite person that you've seen in the entire life. Number two. Racism. Least racist person. I am the least racist person in the world."

I couldn't believe that was real... so I clicked the video and it was actually even worse. just...wat?

I want to laugh but just... smh

Ottaro

Another reporter later in the conference brings it up again.

https://youtu.be/IF0mnc4ZhbU?t=1376

Trump still doesn't condemn it and alleges that its the other side doing it and blaming his team. He's bending over backwards to make sure he doesn't reprimand his team ever.

"Nothing is my fault, gosh I am so great. My supporters love me because I'm so great and they're great because they support me and how great I am. Everyone else just wants to tarnish my pure name that has never done anything wrong. That guy asked me about antisemitism that I wasn't doing, but I am uncomfortable when we are not about me? So it was clearly about me. I need to make sure they know it was about me and how great I really am"

Wag

He is guiding his office as if it was his business.

When you're not happy with a contractor you bash him. The more damage you cause to 3rd party the better is because it shows you have power and other contractors will start to straighten up.

I see this kind of power play almost day because of my job. It tells a lot regarding Trump's psychology.

He's making it appear as the journalist fucked up. The journalist twitter looks as an apology because he knows that he might be kept from attending conference presses. And the press might now be scared to push heavy questions.

You have a shark at the head of America.

Straight out of the Roy Cohn playbook.

DOWN

Banned
The least racist person
py7NSiF.jpg

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Its funny how Netty actually wanted him elected cause he wanted him support israel's occupation of Palestinine land and billions and billions of dollars of free checks from the US government to Israel without question. Rightwingers follow rightwingers right?

Sure he will do that, but he's not going to do it without being racist as well.

Trump don't care about a two state solution, but he sure as hell dont care about being ignorant of literally anyone regardless of who's side they are on

Slacker

The least racist person
py7NSiF.jpg

LOL yep enough said. "I'm the least racist person that ever lived. Now, if there are any black people in the room, can one of yall mention at your next black people meeting in the inner city that I want to meet with the CBC?"

Apathy

Dude is the epitome of "I can't be anti Semitic I know a Jew. I can't be racist I know a black"

He really went nuts

JoeNut

lmao - i am the least racist person in the world

Lets ban muslims and build a big wall to stop mexicans getting in

Davidion

Gutek

See my post above. The reporter whom this happened to is DISAGREEING WITH ALL OF YOU AND DEFENDING TRUMP. Y'all are too busy pointing and laughing and shock-ing and awe-ing at him to see what kind of base and sentiments he's building up.

Stop acting like you got the win until you actually get the win. You know, same idea as when that election happened.

Did you just go "but the jew doesn't think he's anti semitic"?

Ithil

The least racist person
py7NSiF.jpg

He also didn't know what CBC stood for and had to ask who she meant. Actually I'm not convinced he knows what the Black Caucus is either because as usual his answer was completely boilerplate "Yes I love ____, ____ is great and tremendous we'll have a great meeting".

trixx

"This is not an easy question... Okay sit down I think I understand the rest of your question"

Lol what am I watching

I'm too lazy to bring up any receipts, but I remember a few months ago reading about how Ivanka and Jared Kushner both kept trying to sell Donald the idea that Steve Bannon was a terrible aide because of his anti-Semitism. It's impressive how little Trump respects even his own daughter and grandchildren to still keep Bannon around. He truly does not care about anyone but himself.

The least racist person
py7NSiF.jpg

Happened at the same press conference as the question about antisemitism to boot.

How he continues to get the benefit of a doubt should baffle anyone capable of rational thought.

EDIT: The CBC has also reached out to him prior to his inauguration...they never got a response. Figures.

stupei

Did you really read what I wrote and thought that I was defending Trump?

It was honestly difficult to parse what you were getting at in the midst of your outrage that for some reason you think nobody in OT is taking Trump or his base as seriously as you are -- despite the dozens of threads daily that clearly suggest otherwise.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
Doesn't Trump have Jewish family members, though?
Him promising to move the US embassy to Jerusalem doesn't sound antisemitic to me either.

LOL, of course you didn't hear - Trump backed off that already.

Your shtick (lol) is wearing thin.

I've heard my racist uncle call his son-in-law and his own two black granddaughters (ages 4 and 7) the n word before.

Having diverse family members doesn't mean you can't be a racist piece of shit.

Disgusting person.

Jag

I'm too lazy to bring up any receipts, but I remember a few months ago reading about how Ivanka and Jared Kushner both kept trying to sell Donald the idea that Steve Bannon was a terrible aide because of his anti-Semitism. It's impressive how little Trump respects even his own daughter and grandchildren to still keep Bannon around. He truly does not care about anyone but himself.

Bannon is his script writer. Trump needs his shitty white, racist base to support him, but he has no idea how to appeal to them. He knows he would be totally unsupported without Bannon and his MAGgotts.

That video clip is something else. It was a completely fair question and he wasn't accusing Trump of being racist or anti-semitic at all. Yet the response...

Trump sounds so crazy when I actually watch his videos. How do people see him as a genuine person in America?

Typically, if you seen people screaming "FAKE NEWS" to 90% of publications, then you'd be labeled as crazy in Canada.

Most of his responses aren't even real answers, they're just stroking egos of people in power such as the White House,law enforcement, and himself especially.

Fisty

"Mr President, has the White House made an action plan with regards to the recent trend of anti-semitism and threats of..."

"I AM NOT AN ANTI-SEMITE, SHUT YOUR FILTHY LYING MOUTH"

He's such a fuckin liar

One of the weirdest things I've ever witnessed.

I'm still amazed at how terrible he is at talking, just normally, just string a sentence together. He's like a reanimated corpse, even his hair and make up is off.

Is this some high tech weekend at bernie's situation and this is the best they have. He almost looks sentient. Science is crazy.

manngc

That video clip is something else. It was a completely fair question and he wasn't accusing Trump of being racist or anti-semitic at all. Yet the response...

Lost in the nonsense he spoke in response to the first time it was asked, his response to the meat of the actual issue speaks volumes as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IF0mnc4ZhbU&feature=youtu.be&t=1376

He deflects and denies that the antisemitic actions are his supports, instead claiming that these are the result of the opposition. He will never be critical of his supports and will be loyal to them to the end. That's why he was so upset about needing to force Flynn to resign. He didn't care what he did, he wanted Flynn on his side...

Peltz

I know I'm late on this, but I just saw this video.

WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK?!

So any request to deal with antisemitism is going to be ignored by this administration as an "attack of the media"?

I'm appalled.

JZA

When Trump makes declarations like this, I really wish more reporters could just add "...and what do you base that declaration on, Mr. President?" or something like that. Just do that over and over again and force him to support all of his declarations to fluster him.

RangerX

Banned
I couldn't believe this shit when I was watching. The administration has to be aware that that spencer cunt is being empowered by them. Its horrible shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom