• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump ends covert CIA program to arm anti-Assad rebels in Syria, a move sought by Mos

I'm not saying there isn't reason, but that doesn't change how hypocritical it is. It's like banging on about banning guns, then talking about how you need to get a gun for those same archaic reasons that put up the Amendment that change is being called for.

Arming rebels isn't working, and has come around to bite the US and others time and time again. We can't enforce no fly zones without the other side enforcing back. What sanctions do you think are going to "win" Syria? And have to do with Syria, and not revenge for "emails" and the election as some have called for.

Grow up from "both sides are the same" hang up. That was not what I said. Trump and the GOP have given us plenty reason to push back against anything from their corner, unlike their juvenile blocking of everything from the go because the Democratic party and the American people had the gall to put in a black president not once, but twice.

That however doesn't excuse taking that same page from the playbook.

You said: a "good number" of GAF "go the other way without thought" when Trump and Russia is brought up, and that this is "just like" the GOP with Obama. That is a false equivalency. I don't have a "both sides are the same hang up," just pointing out the fallacy in your own statement. Especially when your statement is rendered all the sillier by the part of my post you decided to edit out, which indicates that most people ITT agree with you. But, right, you were just talking about "a good number." Call out specific posters and debate them rather than pitching your counterargument to a phantom majority.

gabbo

Probably for the best long-term. Don't need an enemy using guns you gave them when they were your enemy's enemy in the past.

Xe4

Banned
It's clear that arming rebels in Syria won't work while Russia is arming assad. This strikes me as the wrong move, solely because it is what Putin wants, and is supporting a genocidal dictator who is willing to gas his own people. It's not an easy situation at all.

Though to be honest, I'd be cool with America interfering in Russia's "elections" and media from now on, so that an anti-Putin sentiment becomes prominent. Because it's obvious all of America's goals in Europe and the middle east are being constantly undermined by Russia.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
I mean, yeah it's probably the right call. But man Assad is such a fucking despicable monster it feels wrong to do anything that helps him. No good choices available.

Kthulhu

It's clear that arming rebels in Syria won't work while Russia is arming assad. This strikes me as the wrong move, solely because it is what Putin wants, and is supporting a genocidal dictator who is willing to gas his own people. It's not an easy situation at all.

Though to be honest, I'd be cool with America interfering in Russia's "elections" and media from now on, so that an anti-Putin sentiment becomes prominent. Because it's obvious all of America's goals in Europe and the middle east are being constantly undermined by Russia.

So we should do cold war shit? Fuck that.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Maurice-Moss-Eating-Popcorn-The-IT-Crowd.gif

Top Bottom