• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump labor nominee Puzder withdraws

Status
Not open for further replies.

brau

Just developing.

WaPo: Trump labor nominee Puzder withdraws

More at the link.

Trump labor nominee Puzder withdraws, White House official says, amid concerns over his personal background and business record

”After careful consideration and discussions with my family, I am withdrawing my nomination for Secretary of Labor," Pudzer said in a statement. ”I am honored to have been considered by President Donald Trump to lead the Department of Labor and put America's workers and businesses back on a path to sustainable prosperity."

He continued: ”I want thank President Trump for his nomination. I also thank my family and my many supporters — employees, businesses, friends and people who have voiced their praise and hopeful optimism for the policies and new thinking I would have brought to America as Secretary of Labor. While I won't be serving in the administration, I fully support the President and his highly qualified team."

Pudzer had attracted widespread criticism regarding his business record and personal background. Additionally, a prominent conservative publication announced its opposition to the pick on Wednesday, saying that Puzder's support for more legal immigration is at odds with Trump's position.

Impeach me if old.

was he even a bad pick? link says he was more lenient on immigration, altho i realise that with pretty much anyone in the dump administration it's more like "is terrible on all of these issues except one" anyway

edit: thanks for the responses. Bye felicia

was he even a bad pick? link says he was more lenient on immigration, altho i realise that with pretty much anyone in the dump administration it's more like "is terrible on all of these issues except one" anyway

Yes Puzder was massively against worker rights. He wanted more immigrants so they could undercut the wages of existing employees.

Beartruck

He was ok if you discount the allegations that he beat his wife. So yes, bad pick.

FAKE NEWS TAKING DOWN A GOOD MAN

LLShC.gif
LLShC.gif
LLShC.gif
LLShC.gif
LLShC.gif
LLShC.gif

THEY CAN'T KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH THIS

LLShC.gif
LLShC.gif
LLShC.gif
LLShC.gif
LLShC.gif
LLShC.gif

Hazmat

He opposes raising the minimum wage. He thinks $7.25 an hour is fair.

Bye, bitch.

support for more legal immigration is at odds with Trump’s position.

What? Does Trump not want anyone immigrating at all? Are they going to ban naturalization, too?

It's interesting to see that an iota of sensibility on even a single position seems to be the only thing that'll get people booted from this administration.

Mathieran

Banned
They'll just find someone equally awful to replace him. It certainly shows the lack of vetting that the current administration has done on their picks though with all the shitty people we have seen so far.

so telling

it wasn't even his anti-labour stance that did it

he was too soft on immigration

the next pick will probably be even worse from a liberal perspective

Ogodei

What? Does Trump not want anyone immigrating at all? Are they going to ban naturalization, too?

It's interesting to see that an iota of sensibility on even a single position seems to be the only thing that'll get people booted from this administration.

That's why you have to say when they say "we're just mad that they came illegally," remind them that Trump wants to make it harder for folks to get here legally too.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
So he's out not because he is an anti labor, wife beating piece of shit, but because he was too friendly on legal immigration. Got it. GOPofTrump is trash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom