• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump lashes out at Sessions for "Very weak" position on Clinton crimes

meppi

So Brietbart just called Trump a hypocrite over the Sessions stuff.

https://twitter.com/jonathanvswan/status/889876601336463360

eoDa8u6.gif

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Trump better tread lightly with Sessions, I can see the racist Keebler Elf singing like a fucking bird if he's ousted.

I can't believe I'm saying this but i kind of want Sessions to stay in office

Yep.

Mueller is doing well under current arrangement.

Trump crapping on Sessions is pissing off Republican Senators and distracting both of them.

If Mueller gets fired all bets are off. This isn't the Nixon Era. Who knows what would happen.

What a fucking clown. I'll never defend sessions but jfc be professional and talk to him yourself instead of this backhanded bullshit you're serving up on Twitter about your own subordinate.

The funny thing is Sessions couldn't even offer a token concession by offering to open a new investigation into Clinton, because he knows it's going to come up inconclusive at best and fail to generate a conviction, which is what Trump is so very transparently demanding.

In Trump's world an investigation's results are not based on finding the truth or following due process, but purely based on "loyalty". The failure to find evidence to convict Clinton was not a result of her being innocent, it was a a result of betrayal. This isn't just the world the man lives in--and let's face it, is forcing all of us into--it's the world he wants to live in.

What a repugnant human being.

Let the GOP reap what they've sown, in cases like this. You support him, he shits all over you.

Trump better tread lightly with Sessions, I can see the racist Keebler Elf singing like a fucking bird if he's ousted.

Once the old white racist republicans feel threatened they might actually do something. I hope Trump treads over him then fires him.

Balphon

Bannon and Moochy still aren't getting along, I see.
I can see Trump's favorability polling sliding even further with Breitbart and Fox News sticking up for Sessions in this latest tiff.
Spicer's resignation might well turn out to be the turning point in all of this. Hilariously enough.

Sessions is a Bannon ally going way back. Bannon is the one who convinced Sessions to endorse Trump.

BasicMath

Seems like he's trying to build the narrative necessary to get rid of Sessions. Too bad everyone knows why he's actually doing it.

Putting up a new AG wouldn't be a bad idea but stopping Mueller is awful. It's probably better to just give Mueller a time limit. If he has a case before that limit then so be it, but if he doesn't then it all gets shut down. That way you can face the people and say "We gave them a chance but all they wanted was a political circus."

At least that's my hope. I want this Russian crap gone one way or another before the end of the year.

Alucrid

Banned
Seems like he's trying to build the narrative necessary to get rid of Sessions. Too bad everyone knows why he's actually doing it.

Putting up a new AG wouldn't be a bad idea but stopping Mueller is awful. It's probably better to just give Mueller a time limit. If he has a case before that limit then so be it, but if he doesn't then it all gets shut down. That way you can face the people and say "We gave them a chance but all they wanted was a political circus."

At least that's my hope. I want this Russian crap gone one way or another before the end of the year.

why

Do Better

Trump backed down from his own (ridiculous) promise to appoint a special prosecutor to investigate Clinton. Why is he even mad?

He's mad that Sessions chose to recuse himself from obstructing justice in the Russian collusion investigation. This is the best bullshit he can come up with to obscure the real and only reason why he's pissed at Sessions.

Lombax

Banned
I know we seem to ask this on a weekly / daily basis, but are the wheels coming off NOW?
For real how fucking publicly crazy does this fuck need to be?

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
He's mad that Sessions chose to recuse himself from obstructing justice in the Russian collusion investigation. This is the best bullshit he can come up with to obscure the real and only reason why he's pissed at Sessions.

Trump is more transparent than his dream see-through wall.

Boke1879

i HATE Sessions, but wouldn't the Trump base and even moderate GOP like him? I can think that's the only reason Trump hasn't fired him yet. It would create a massive shit storm.

Clefargle

Well that settles it...

*HEY GUYS, THAT SERIES OF WIDE RANGING INVESTIGATIONS AND INQUIRIES INVOLVING MULTIPLE AGENCIES AND BRANCHES OF GOVT YOUVE BEEN WORKING ON, WRAP IT UP IN 6 MONTHS BECAUSE MAB128 IS TIRED OF THE WORD "RUSSIA"

blackflag

He's gonna resign by the end of the week probably and good. Fuck him, his drug war obsession, and his Neanderthal mandatory minimums.

I mean honestly I'd be surprised if someone better gets nominated but couldn't be anyone worse.

Can't wait for this whole administration to be gone.

Sessions is a very popular guy with the GoP elite. Even more popular than Trump is.

Sessions gave up his Senate seat for Trump and now Trump is publicly shit-canning him for recusing himself from the Russia investigation, which he had to do just to get through the AG confirmation process.

Trump is effectively "jumping the shark" by trashing him publicly. The GoP elite will probably be even more divided over Trump if he continues to shit on their core members, like Jeff Sessions.

I love it all around. I hope he fires Sessions outright. This dumpster fire needs more fuel. It'll make Trump look so bad if he fires him.

Mahonay

Banned

Lol @ the time limit.

It's an independent investigation, separate from Congress of the Senate. There's no time limit. He'd have to fire Mueller to get him to stop the investigation before it finishes. Trump could go on TV tomorrow and say that Mueller has a "time limit" and it would mean nothing. The "Russia crap" won't get out of the way until the investigation is completed.

The only way to stop Mueller is firing him. And boy I bet that would make everyone just forget about the Russian thing.

That's not how investigations work, buddy. The Russia stuff is going to be here for as long as it takes to get to the bottom of it. Get used to it.

Afrodium

Banned

What? This is ridiculous. The president can't just halt an investigation into himself without a ton of political blowback, even if they don't meet some arbitrary deadline he himself sets. There should be no influence on this investigation from the office of the POTUS.

Shoeless

So Brietbart just called Trump a hypocrite over the Sessions stuff.

https://twitter.com/jonathanvswan/status/889876601336463360

Wait, so... what does this mean for Trump supporters? If Breitbart and Trump are the same thing, what do you, as a Trumps supporter that relies on Breitbart for real news now do? Is Breitbart now also Fake News, or, because it's Breitbart, you now take this seriously and start thinking "Maybe Trump isn't Jesus Christ 2.0 after all."

Is this like an emotional relapse into childhood for Trump supporters where they start flashbacking to mom and dad screaming at each other at night while they listen from their beds and cover their ears?

theWB27

Lol @ the time limit.

It's an independent investigation, separate from Congress of the Senate. There's no time limit. He'd have to fire Mueller to get him to stop the investigation before it finishes. Trump could go on TV tomorrow and say that Mueller has a "time limit" and it would mean nothing. The "Russia crap" won't get out of the way until the investigation is completed.

The only way to stop Mueller is firing him. And boy I bet that would make everyone just forget about the Russian thing.

If it were Trump's time limit the ish would've been stopped the day he found out about the investigation.

Zolo

Wait, so... what does this mean for Trump supporters? If Breitbart and Trump are the same thing, what do you, as a Trumps supporter that relies on Breitbart for real news now do? Is Breitbart now also Fake News, or, because it's Breitbart, you now take this seriously and start thinking "Maybe Trump isn't Jesus Christ 2.0 after all."

Commenters seem to be calling it Fox News now as an insult.

He wants to fire Sessions, but he wont

He is just online bullying him until he resigns.

Trump will recess appoint a stooge as AG.

New AG takes over Russia investigation, and fires Mueller.

Argument ensues if thats allowed, Rosenstein resigns in protest.

Trump pardons himself, his family, and entire campaign.

Congress allows it.

Paul Ryan assumes the presidency.

We forget Trump every happened.

AYF 001

Is this like an emotional relapse into childhood for Trump supporters where they start flashbacking to mom and dad screaming at each other at night while they listen from their beds and cover their ears?

Trump is merely their instrument. If he doesn't do what they want, they'll turn on him. That's why they freaked out when they thought Hillary complimented him on his attack on the empty airfield and get mad when he doesn't do something a garbage person would do.

KingV

You need to be more circumspect. Your traitor is showing.

He brought in Sessions to help him rig elections, but now he needs an AG that can help him rig an investigation. I dont think it's personal at all.

Breitbart has been a bit more sour on Trump since he kicked Bannon out of the inner circle in favor of Kushner.

Top Bottom