• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump Plan To Defund U.S. Arts Endowments Could Impact Video Game Programs

LOLCats

Banned
Thats about 31 of these

IMG_0311.jpg

If the last junior to martyr their account is any indication, watch for italianice over here to put out a post in The_Donald saying that he us getting his fee-fees hurt by the cucks at NeoGAF, and he needs help trying to form an argument.

RDreamer

Just to put the 1.8 million in games into perspective: Trump spends 3 million every weekend he goes to Mar-A-Lago. This upcoming weekend will be his fifth time.

LOL. I have lurked this board for years and waited my turn to get approved for my account. I rarely post, except for one time, and immediately I get more responses than anyone else. Many members here cannot handle dissenting opinion and that is the largest fact in this thread. Citing this observation doesn't make me claim to be a victim. Acting as if Trump is personally robbing you of video game entertainment is the position of the victim. And I am calling it out, as it should be, in this echo chamber of NEET/SJW majority thinking.

Let me ask what is so violently repulsive about government NOT contributing towards the arts? Why are so many people worked up about this? Maybe you should be asking yourselves that question before getting so butt-hurt about me stating my opinion on the matter. Nah instead, just go on a virtue signaling circle jerk about Meals on Wheels, "The Wall" and other stuff that has nothing to do whatsoever with the topic at hand.

I am well versed on Alinsky tactics and will not be fooled for a single minute thinking that some here are not professionals at this.
It's violently repulsive because it's being done out of principle. The amount of money that arts take from the budget is so small that it's not even comparable to other kind of federal funding. It's being done out of spite and contempt, *that's* what makes it violent

e: oh nvm they're banned

Kthulhu

If the last junior to martyr their account is any indication, watch for italianice over here to put out a post in The_Donald saying that he us getting his fee-fees hurt by the cucks at NeoGAF, and he needs help trying to form an argument.

That thread was godlike. Hats off to detective GAF for figuring that out.

Lebneney

Banned
Except not really. Within minutes of posting my opinion, a hoard of petulant children started posting about my "conservative blah blah", insinuating my support for Trump all around and not just on this particular issue, and wandered off topic blabbing about building a wall. What does building a wall have to do with this? Squat is what it does. Just a bunch of babies taking out their aggression all at once about all the other issues keeping them up at night.

The fact that a bunch of likely NEETs circle jerk on this board around their social justice causes every time someone posts a dissenting view and then start hopping on someone - "ohhh he has a VICTIM complex! he must be doing this for awhile.". Gimme a break. You may outnumber me on this message board, but the silent majority elected a president, who... if you live in the US... *IS* your president. Your Alinsky tactics will not work on me.

Hey don't worry man. The thing is that some people don't want to move on with their life. I mean everyone is entitled to their own opinion and if they don't like Trump then that's their own prerogative. Such is life. I would just love if everyone just got along... :/ I mean have your political differences, but don't hate, just to hate. I agree that Trump is the president of the United States just as much as Obama was. Plus with all of the people talking about the popular vote, Clinton won the popular vote in the 2008 Democratic primaries against Obama, by a smaller margin, granted, but still similar principles.

Plus the article says that it "could" impact, not will definitely impact and that this is the worst thing to happen to gaming since Atari almost singlehandedly destroyed the video game market all those years ago.

Edit:
Well rip... he should have presented his opinion and added constructive criticism rather than replying with a reactionary response.

Just to put the 1.8 million in games into perspective: Trump spends 3 million every weekend he goes to Mar-A-Lago. This upcoming weekend will be his fifth time.

People who are offended by the government contribution to the arts... Dont care how much money trump and his family shits away

Wensih

Never was there a more appropriate time to use the gift of Drew Scanlon than after reading djitalianice's posts:

white-guy-blinking-meme-gif.gif

Edit: On topic, the destruction of public health, art, and news is devestating and terrifying. I have a STEM degree and even I am unsure about my future (don't mean to sound condescending for those who don't have a STEM degree, typically you hear how secure you should be with this type of degree).

Amir0x

Banned
*edit*

Didn't see he got banned.

Anyway the $1.8 million for this isn't even meant to choose between like a Mario or Halo, it's essentially funding for grants that help students or programs develop design initiatives that plant talent for the future. I don't see how this isn't a positive thing for our country. It's so ridiculous how politicized even something like this is.

Hey don't worry man. The thing is that some people don't want to move on with their life. I mean everyone is entitled to their own opinion and if they don't like Trump then that's their own prerogative. Such is life. I would just love if everyone just got along... :/ I mean have your political differences, but don't hate, just to hate. I agree that Trump is the president of the United States just as much as Obama was. Plus with all of the people talking about the popular vote, Clinton won the popular vote in the 2008 Democratic primaries against Obama, by a smaller margin, granted, but still similar principles.

Plus the article says that it "could" impact, not will definitely impact and that this is the worst thing to happen to gaming since Atari almost singlehandedly destroyed the video game market all those years ago.

Lets just stop perpetuating lies...

http://www.factcheck.org/2008/06/clinton-and-the-popular-vote/

Shaanyboi

Banned
Republicans are going to make as many cuts to arts, science, and anything else that even blinks at them the wrong way. What a fucking trainwreck.

Nah. I don't blame millenials. I blame their parents. Participation trophies and gold stickers didn't just give themselves out.

Holy fucking shit.

Republicans are going to make as many cuts to arts, science, and anything else that even blinks at them the wrong way. What a fucking trainwreck.

Guess what sort of voter this helps to make

This one: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1352300&highlight=nc

Post #106

Edit: Ah, we're back on topic now. I hope I didn't further derail things.

Edit 2: Just PM me if you wanna discuss it.

Ah thanks wow I remember that thread it must've turned into a shitshow after I stopped reading

Toby Fox and the world of Undertale is just too pure for real life man

Wensih

thisss

if you didnt Vote you honestly cant complain now

I whole heartily disagree with this statement. Don't suppress present voices of dissent because they didn't cast a vote, encourage change by promoting opinions and voting in the future. A democracy is based on being heard, not staying quiet. You'll never identify the problem or find a solution if people who are upset are not heard.

Top Bottom