• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump rally in Iowa next Thursday, June 1st

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
I would love for a bunch of liberals/progressives to make up the vast majority of attendees and boo him out of the place... start ruining these little ego boosts for him.

Nafai1123

Banned
I looked up what that references. I haven't seen the TV show, so I'm not sure what you are suggesting.

I was meaning it'd be interesting to see a protest that is the complete opposite of everything trump stands for; He is powered (in a way) by attention and people reacting to him (both positively and negatively).

I'd be curious what would happen if the crowd was utterly, totally reactionless - as if he wasn't there.

Yeah, you're suggestion made me think of a group like the GR in Leftovers showing up all dressed the same in silent protest. I agree it would be cool to see.
Leftovers is gud

IrishNinja

you know it's an odd time when a sitting president having somewhat regular pep rallies isn't even really discussed

i mean, it's either this or chill/leak stuff from a resort he owns so yeah

Should be lots of fun after his budget proposal revealed cuts to farm subsidies.

oh man, i hope for some good protesters

He's getting the shit kicked out of him, with investigations and false promises finally dogpiling on top of him. He needs adoration from a screaming crowd to feel better for a few days.

really makes you wonder just how many of these he has planned as things continue to worsen

This. I live in Iowa and Cedar Rapids doesn't seem as much of a safe place as say northern/central Florida.

fixed

1600.jpg

BRUSSELS—Sad and lonely from the diplomatic trip that has kept him thousands of miles away from his private estate for almost a week, a homesick Donald Trump stayed up all night on the phone with the automated Mar-a-Lago reservations line, sources said Wednesday. “The dining room will be open from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m., and tonight’s specials will be braised lamb with vegetables and herb-roasted salmon served on a bed of orzo, in addition to a six-star seafood buffet that will be served on the patio,” said the concierge’s voice on a pre-recorded message as the president, huddled under the blanket in his hotel, wiped tears away with his pajama sleeve and reminded himself that he only had three more days to go. “If you would like to access our premium spa or salon services, press 1; if you would like to schedule a tennis or golf lesson with one of our certified professionals, press 2; if you would like to book one of our spaces for a wedding or event, press 3. Please press 9 to hear the options again.” After cycling through the selections numerous times, Trump reportedly dozed off with the phone on his pillow and an untroubled smile on his sleeping face.

The onion

tekumseh

a mass of phermones, hormones and adrenaline just waiting to explode
The biggest thing which makes these mostly tolerable for him is that they still designate them as campaigning events, which means that, to an extent, they get to control crowd makeup.

Strike

Of course he needs to retreat to his little safe space again. I can't help but imagine how conservatives would be acting if Obama or any other sitting Dem president did anything like this.

Jombie

I don't see how these rallies can possible garner the support they did before the election. Can anybody believe anymore that he's their guy and is going to do all these things for them?

What the fuck can his messaging even be at this point for such an event?

I see shit all the time on Facebook from Trump fucks calling him a messiah, so yeah.

jb1234

I'd roll my eyes and mock him if this weren't costing the taxpayers. As it is, it just pisses me off that we're on the hook because his insatiable ego needs a stroking.

You guys are all putting this rally down but forget that rally Trump is best Trump. He has been quiet lately no doubt his handlers finally pulled the battery out of his phone and tossed it into a river so he has a lot of vent up steam he needs to release and he will do just that at the rally because nothing gets Donny to incriminate himself like when he's around like minded morons.

bebop242

The biggest thing which makes these mostly tolerable for him is that they still designate them as campaigning events, which means that, to an extent, they get to control crowd makeup.

It was first come first served but I wonder if I'll be vetted. I'm a registered Democrat with a very unique last name. We'll see.

He is bound to say something stupid about the Russia investigation that will get him under more pressure.

Edit: Can't say something stupid at a rally if you cancel the rally.

Top Bottom