• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump seemed to legitimately believe Rafael Cruz was involved in JFK assassination.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, for another politician, it might be that "well, I can whip some racists into getting angry because Cruz is Cuban and those Cubans, they're up to something in the mind of racists, ha ha, you suckers."

But Trump actually discussed this in private with his aides! Like he was taking it seriously! He was justifying this insane theory.

People close to Mr. Trump had seen the pattern before. The episode echoed repeated instances in the 2016 presidential campaign.

During the primary contests, Mr. Trump seized on a false National Enquirer article that raised a connection between the father of Senator Ted Cruz of Texas and John F. Kennedy’s assassin, Lee Harvey Oswald. Later, Mr. Trump justified it to skeptical campaign aides by saying, “Even if it isn’t totally true, there’s something there,” according to a former campaign official.

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/03/07/us/politics/trump-wiretap-claim-obama.html?referer=

The article is about Trump wanting to hire a private investigator (maybe the one who "looked into Obama's birthplace"?) to go and investigate if Obama had wiretapped him, but this part of the story is so insanely fucked up that it feels like it should be discussed. This (Rafael Cruz killing JFK) is the single least plausible conspiracy theory ever conceived and one of the most dramatic in its consequences (the JFK assassin is out there advising his son, a presidential candidate) and yet Trump actually believed it at least a little bit!

Prompto

Banned
ted-cruz-dad.gif

Slayven

How can Ted Cruz respect himself, cosigning this dude that talked mad shit about his family? Policy and politics are one thing, but he was personally insulting the dude's wife and father. Fuck being in the same party

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
How can Ted Cruz respect himself, cosigning this dude that talked mad shit about his family? Policy and politics are one thing, but he was personally insulting the dude's wife and father. Fuck being in the same party

I look at Cruz and I realize "this is what the right is talking about with cuck".
Let's the orange idiot stomp all over his family, and even after publicly denouncing him, turns into an obedient lap dog and does cold calls for him.

EDIT: Also the above picture. Too perfect.

commedieu

Banned

PatheticManStanningfortrumpPhonecampaign.png.

Think of it this way. Trump is a bully. And Cruz can't do anything about it. He tried with the vote with your conscious deal, but that quickly fizzled. Some people just can't find it in them to fight back. Cruz is one of those people.

It must be sad at his house with his own family not respecting him. He probably stays busy a lot.

FStubbs

For what it's worth, I don't think Rafael Cruz personally killed JFK but I think there's a chance he was the "Cuban Connection" in the picture with Oswald.

massoluk

Banned
For what it's worth, I don't think Rafael Cruz personally killed JFK but I think there's a chance he was the "Cuban Connection" in the picture with Oswald.
My Poe's Law detection circuit has been legitimately detective since the last election season

Jackpot

Banned
Trump is the epitome of telling a lie to serve a purpose and then later convincing himself to believe the lie.

Boney

Banned
American Clown President's Matt Taibbi
“People have this idea that Trump has no connection with the ‘common man,’ but he does,” Taibbi said. “He has exactly the same media habits that ordinary people have. He believes the stuff that he reads on the internet and watches on television implicitly and unquestioningly. That is what gives him that connection with people. He thinks like they do. He has the same habits they have. A classic example is the thing with the so-called 3 million illegal … voters. He reads that, probably in an Infowars story, it’s policy like two minutes later. He doesn’t go through the process of asking himself if it’s untrue. He’s a perfect consumer in that respect. That’s what makes him so dangerous.”

I'm waiting for him to tweet that he's instructed the treasury to invest in a great business opportunity he discovered on the internet. This new dietary supplement will bring millions of jobs to hard working Americans, and fix health care!

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I'm waiting for him to tweet that he's instructed the treasury to invest in a great business opportunity he discovered on the internet. This new dietary supplement will bring millions of jobs to hard working Americans, and fix health care!

The wall will be payed for by a Nigerian Prince, he just needs the social security numbers of everyone in congress.

Veidt

Blasphemer who refuses to accept bagged milk as his personal savior
This whole thing makes no sense.
Are we supposed to believe Trump gives a shit about JFK in the first place?

Thaedolus

Gold Member
“Even if it isn’t totally true, there’s something there."

That's 100% his strategy in convincing his retarded true believers of anything. Make some grand claim that's absolutely false, then walk it back to something that sounds more plausible/rational, then let that be the new narrative because why do you need evidence?

It works on people all the time, a total psychological manipulation. It reminds me of being raised a Mormon.

Trump is the epitome of telling a lie to serve a purpose and then later convincing himself to believe the lie.
I have known people who do this, especially when I was at school. One kid was throwing pennies at the whiteboard when the teachers back was turned and when they got called out and punished for it you would have never know it was them from their reaction, claiming to be picked on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom