• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

16k sources: Trump fired Comey because Russia, leaks, and "wire tapp"

greatgeek

Banned
Regardless of Trump's actual complicity in collusion with Russia, if he actually
almost certainly
fired Comey to thwart the Russia investigation, that's a horrendous abuse of power. It's fucking impeachable.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Trump: We fired him because her emails
WaPo: Yo we heard
Everyone: That you
Everyone + WaPo: Are lyin
I never expected "But her emails!!" to still be a relevant excuse these days.

daveo42

Banned
Regardless of Trump's actual complicity in collusion with Russia, if he actually
almost certainly
fired Comey to thwart the Russia investigation, that's a horrendous abuse of power. It's fucking impeachable.

At this point good luck getting that done with the GOP siding with Trump at every step just because they want to remain in control of all three branches of government. They'd rather let democracy burn for the semblance of power. If the GOP continues to sit idly by like nothing is wrong, we are truly fucked.

Josh7289

almost certainly

Of course it is, but how are we going to prove it now unless Congress gets off their asses and does a real independent investigation? I'm not hopeful as long as the Republicans control it (it's truly party over country for them), but there are a few like John McCain who actually want to conduct an investigation, so who knows. Gotta put pressure on them at every single opportunity.

Barzul

The hits keep coming apparently the Deputy AG threatened to quit after being cast as the reason for Comey being fired.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...bar&tid=a_breakingnews&utm_term=.5f43449bb65f

Rosenstein threatened to resign after the narrative emerging from the White House on Tuesday evening cast him as a prime mover of the decision to fire Comey and that the president acted only on his recommendation, said the person close to the White House, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because of the sensitivity of the matter.

The hits (leaks) keep coming. I love it.

daveo42

Banned
He should totally quit. Right now he's like the only support that the WH has for Comey being fired has some sort of bi-partisan footing.

cakely

Leaks keep the orange shitstain up at night.

I think we can officially put "obstruction of justice" on the articles of impeachment.

Doubt Spicey would have been a source for a story where he gets blamed and humiliated.

Ivanka and Kushner were clearly the sources behind the Ivanka and Kushner part of the story.

In many yes.

But also, still a traitor!

burr was acquitted of the treason charges. Based on what I know about Jefferson I'm willing to believe the charges were bogus. Still a bizarre story.

"Mr. Comey started receiving daily instead of weekly updates on the investigation, beginning at least three weeks ago, according to people with knowledge of the matter and the progress of the Federal Bureau of Investigation probe. Mr. Comey was concerned by information showing possible evidence of collusion, according to these people."
https://www.wsj.com/articles/james-...on-before-being-fired-u-s-official-1494433061

Itshappening.gif? I hope they have got something on him that will stick.

slider

I mean, Trump has to have some condition, right? There's childish, there's narcissistic, there's stupid... But this is something more. Something waaaay on the far end of whatever scale he's on.

nP2p4.gif

Kyzer

Banned
"...But hey, atleast he's not Hillary Clinton. I am so glad I committed treason to help him win, even though I was investigating him for Russian ties, even then. "

Holy shit this is so old hyperbolic and misinformed. So youre one of the people Trump thought he would win over by firing him.

Yeah, 30 different sources. this administration.... this makes me think the republicans are some evil empire trying to ruin everyone's well being for the sake of holding power.

This new season of House of Cards has really bad writing, none of this could possibly happen.

Writer: So the President fires the person investigating him for collusion with Russia. And then on the next day, he invites the Russians to the Oval Office including one of their spies. And---

Producer: FUCK OUT HERE! You're fired!

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
almost certainly

It's only impeachable if Congress acts on it. So long as Congress continues to stonewall, and provide nothing more than lip service to an actual investigation, all these revelations mean nothing.

Trump supporters aren't turning on him, and Congress won't act. These revelations prove Trump is corrupt. But we already knew that. Sad fact is, nothing has changed except Trump will soon have a stooge in charge of the FBI and the investigation will end.

Gattsu25

Banned
The hits keep coming apparently the Deputy AG threatened to quit after being cast as the reason for Comey being fired.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...bar&tid=a_breakingnews&utm_term=.5f43449bb65f

The hits (leaks) keep coming. I love it.

I know this is a bit of a tangent to your point but...he should have resigned.

I don't care about leaking to the press a "I have morals" stance when you are still actively complicit in a cover up and still decide to keep your job.

Same reason I never gave a shit about all the people vouching for Trump appointees who talked to them behind closed doors and were assured the person would be reasonable and yet those same appointees refused to publicly say so on the record.

Same reason I refuse to give any credit for Ivanka "I'm a Feminist but Refused to Pay Maternity Leave" Trump as some sort of moderating force on Donald when he's still out here in these streets stripping away our protections and deporting people on racist pretenses.

DarkKyo

If Trump was some poor guy with his intelligence he would have died of stupidity on the streets in the 80's.

Really think he is nuts enough to launch a bunch of nukes when he's backed into a corner.

Top Bottom