• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump Fires James Comey

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm gonna go on record - not that anyone cares - for my own future satisfaction and say that an increasing number of people in D.C in government know trumps days are numbered and this explains some very odd things.

He is being humoured like your aging senile relative while the nursing home arrangements are getting worked out. McConnell knows this, Rod Rosenstein was told when he threatened to resign in protest for getting abused, McMaster knows it, Deputy head of FBI knows it, CIA head knows it, etc.

Trump is down to a trusted inner circle of his daughter, his daughters wife, and his bodyguard and maybe Sessions.

While the i is dotted and the t crossed, his support erodes a little more and another ally in the press changes their mind and starts bad-mouthing him, (eg Ann Coulter)

The new head of the FBI won't be a Trump train partisan who sets about threatening everyone with huge power, and trump won't be allowed to press the nuke button or declare war on anyone.

Maybe, but Sean Spicer serves the office of the president and not the president himself, the implication being specifically he shouldn't lie on behalf of the president because it hurts the credibility of the position of president.

Since when have these motherfuckers cared in the slightest about "the credibility of the position of president"?

They realize it doesn't matter. As long as you never ever ever ever admit you were lying, your massively delusional base will continue to believe you, regardless of the mountains on evidence to the contrary.

jstripes

Banned
It's good. It would be even better if it were Alabama or some other deep red state.

But, I'll take good news in whatever form.

It's not good news. He wants an independent prosecutor because the case has become "too political". In other words, he wants to hand it off to a Republican-picked investigative team.

Shoeless

Thaedolus

Gold Member
Technically, this probably wasn't illegal, but I fail to see that the ally or his own security staff will be happy about this.

It's not technically illegal but how fucking stupid do you have to be? This will be immensely damaging to our intelligence gathering efforts. Technically legal is irrelevant

commedieu

Banned
Technically, this probably wasn't illegal, but I fail to see that the ally or his own security staff will be happy about this.
And that's why this goes nowhere.

We are living by technicalities these days and isolated instances for everything so no one will lump together everything and make a conclusion that the American people deserve better.

He and the GOP will continue to destroy democracy via technicalities.

Exile20

This?: Exclusive: Trump revealed highly classified information to Russian diplomats in their Oval Office meeting last week

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/864225254872412164

tQ2HXhG.gif

We can find out easily.

Show us the tapes if he records them.

Best option here as it would also prove if he's full of shit with his Comey tweet.

And that's why this goes nowhere.

We are living by technicalities these days and isolated instances for everything so no one will lump together everything and make a conclusion that the American people deserve better.

He and the GOP will continue to destroy democracy via technicalities.

It's really crazy how many critical parts of the US government rely on the honor system. It's really eye opening and scary. The sad thing is that after Trump, that type of unlimited power with no consequences will not go back into the bottle at all.

Oo I've got it!

He told Russia, that way they can go be heros and he can then tell us to stop worrying about Russia because look at how good they are!

This comment just made me feel ill.

I should have clarified. The power was always there. But Trump has simply shown that at least so far, there are little to no consequences for violating norms. So I'm not sure if even a "normal" president getting back into office will have the motivation to correct these issues.

I'm gonna go on record - not that anyone cares - for my own future satisfaction and say that an increasing number of people in D.C in government know trumps days are numbered and this explains some very odd things.

He is being humoured like your aging senile relative while the nursing home arrangements are getting worked out. McConnell knows this, Rod Rosenstein was told when he threatened to resign in protest for getting abused, McMaster knows it, Deputy head of FBI knows it, CIA head knows it, etc.

Trump is down to a trusted inner circle of his daughter, his daughters wife, and his bodyguard and maybe Sessions.

While the i is dotted and the t crossed, his support erodes a little more and another ally in the press changes their mind and starts bad-mouthing him, (eg Ann Coulter)

The new head of the FBI won't be a Trump train partisan who sets about threatening everyone with huge power, and trump won't be allowed to press the nuke button or declare war on anyone.

I fear you overestimate the competence of other people, even if everyone knows Trump is incompetent. Sadly, people get weird about the idea of being in power to such a point they will willingly burn everything to the ground before considering they might be wrong. We're human, it's what we do.

Thaedolus

Gold Member
I just tweeted the WaPo article calling out Graham, McCain and Flake (since I'm an Arizonan). I know it won't do anything but I'm fucking pissed. I need to call them

I should have clarified. The power was always there. But Trump has simply shown that at least so far, there are little to no consequences for violating norms. So I'm not sure if even a "normal" president getting back into office will have the motivation to correct these issues.

The only positive thing that can possibly come from this Presidency is the codification of all the standards and practices that were not codified before because of the basic assumption that the electorate wouldn't put a madman in office.

Guy.brush

Claude Taylor just posted this:

https://twitter.com/TrueFactsStated/status/864247781724233728

Followers know I've tried to avoid an exact timeline as to when to expect arrests. I'm now receiving word that it may be soon. Here's why. In order to avoid any possible misinterpretation, I'm going to give exact word for word quote of what I was told. "Rumor has it the AUSA has signed off on the tactical & logistical plan to take numerous subjects into custody". That's it. Word for word.

Hitman

Edmonton's milkshake attracts no boys.
Her grasp of computery things is in the enthusiastic beginner category. She also doesn't let facts get in the way of a fabulous theory for instance she was convinced she found evidence of FAA tail number tampering that proved Cohen snuck over to Prague on someone's private jet (I can't be assed to look up the exact conspiracy) and a pilot who knows how these things worked was posting "can someone tell Louise she made an big error in how this all works because she isn't listening to me". But it was clear her mind had already moved on to other stuff.

If someone wanted to demoralize with disinformation she would be a most obvious target to pick. Full timer, big following, enthusiastic ready publish aim attitude, no direct knowledge of arcane legal proceedings, naive with computer info.

I pointed out in a mild way skepticism was warranted and one of her supporters selected two tweets of mine out of thousands to prove I was clearly part of the Russian disinformation campaign. By driving away anyone saying "but..", her hardcore becomes as rigid and blind as an infowars message board.

If she turns out to be right about hidden machinery chewing up trump, I will be happy for her though!

Her grasp of computerey things is amateurish sure. Which is why she requests the help and knowledge of people that are experts in those subjects. Are we to expect all reporting journalists to be experts on every single subject they report on? Nope. And regarding the FAA tail number thing, that was speculation of which she does a lot. But she did NOT report it as an official vetted report. Which is why you won't find that particular theory on her patribotics blog. It's also why her constant accusing anyone and everyone as a Russian shill doesn't show up as official reports.

So again, I ask Mensch/Taylor detractors to please point out reports she's gotten wrong. Please, I want to know both sides of the story and all o get from the mensch hating side is a wave of ad hominem attacks and no address of her actual reporting.

Hitman

Why do y'all keep posting rumors from garbage sources?

We all know Mensch has the credibility of Cernovich, it's better to leave the breaking news to actual journalists.

When rumours from these "garbage sources" keep coming true, why do we still consider them garbage sources? Or does reporting on FISA months before MSM has a sniff, reporting on Grand Juries weeks before MSM has a sniff, and reporting on FBI warrants granted and executed in relation to campaign finance a day before the FBI did just that not count as confirmed "rumours"?

When rumours from these "garbage sources" keep coming true, why do we still consider them garbage sources? Or does reporting on FISA months before MSM has a sniff, reporting on Grand Juries weeks before MSM has a sniff, and reporting on FBI warrants granted and executed in relation to campaign finance a day before the FBI did just that not count as confirmed "rumours"?

Because in the frenzy to know about happenings first, it's easy to forget who is supplying them. Things do come true, but Mensch is still Mensch.

Hitman

Because in the frenzy to know about happenings first, it's easy to forget who is supplying them. Things do come true, but Mensch is still Mensch.

Yes Mensch is still Mensch and Taylor is still Taylor who continue to report on things and scoop stories from MSM.

More ad hominem attacks and no actual addressing of their reporting continues !

Kusagari

Taylor, and Mensch as well, have been right on some stuff that I don't know how they could have just guessed on. So they clearly have some legit sources.

But they, Mensch especially, also seem to just post whatever they get without bothering to even try to verify.

So I think they should be posted about, but always with the disclaimer about their overall sketchy history.

Yes Mensch is still Mensch and Taylor is still Taylor who continue to report on things and scoop stories from MSM.

More ad hominem attacks and no actual addressing of their reporting continues !

They can report a story correctly, but it doesn't change her standard behavior that you seem to not have picked up on. There is a reason other anti-Trump conservatives are wary of her.

Hitman

They aren't confirming what they are reporting, just reporting what they are saying. This is an important distinction.

Like, for example, I found my way to a long rant by someone named broadsword_six on Twitter. Sounds like he knows what he is talking about, with it all going down eventually, but how do we know it's not all bullshit? I can't even give you the dude's real name much less confirm if his sources are good. The only thing more than that with Taylor is that you know his resume (and it isn't stellar), and Mensch's history makes reasonable people shy away.

FISA reported. FISA confirmed.
Trump meeting secretly with Olgarchs plane reported. Trump meeting secretly with Olgarchs plane confirmed.
Grand Juries reported. Grand Juries confirmed.
FBI warrants granted and executed on a predicted exact date reported. FBI warrants granted and executed on a predicted exact date confirmed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom