• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chess wunderkind Trump threatens Comey on Twitter

Oersted

And now we are getting threats...

eof7y9i.png

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/863007411132649473

President Trump on Friday issued a cryptic threat to James Comey, saying the fired FBI director should hope there are no recordings of their conversations.

“James Comey better hope that there are no "tapes" of our conversations before he starts leaking to the press!” Trump tweeted.

A number of reports late Thursday showed current and former FBI officials contradict Trump’s account of a meeting he had with Comey earlier this year.

Trump said in an NBC interview on Thursday that Comey had requested a dinner with him during which he asked to stay on as the FBI head. Trump also said Comey told him three times — twice over the phone and once at their dinner meeting — that he was not the subject of any FBI investigations.

FBI officials contradicted Trump's claims in an NBC News report, saying the dinner meeting was requested by the White House, and a former senior FBI official said Comey would have never told the president he was not under investigation.

And the New York Times, citing “two people who have heard his account of the dinner,” said Comey was asked by Trump for his loyalty at the dinner. The then-FBI head reportedly responded that he would offer his honesty but not political loyalty.

via

http://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...better-hope-there-are-no-tapes-of-our-meeting

Lock if old

Dierce

Sadly only republicans in Congress have the power to get rid of him but they won't because they are all corrupt shits.

DonShula

LOL, AP Mobile just deemed this notification-worthy. This is not going to go over well.

It's another Fantastic Friday for the president.

hughesta

Banned
Starting to think he wants to be impeached so he can stop being president but still complain about being treated unfairly for the rest of his life

andycapps

He's trying to clown the former FBI director. They know where your skeletons are buried, Don. And don't be naive enough to think that people like him don't have backups in place so that if you destroy some evidence that everything is gone.

Does he think this is doing him any favors with the rank and file in the FBI? In the other branches of the intelligence community? DOJ?

Its incredible how many of Trump's problems would just go away if he could delete his twitter account and just shut up for a few weeks.

So glad he isnt.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
There's actually an insider term for this move...I believe it's called a Xiaolin Showdown.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
I bet this sparks as much non-action from the GOP as yesterday's admission the firing was done to stop the Russia investigation.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Huckabee Sanders: There's no tapes! Did you read the tweet, tapes is in quotes! What he really means is information and documents that are... uh... oh what the fuck how did Sean do this?!

Spicer: I didn't, that's why I had a bush hiding meltdown.

kmfdmpig

Wow. This whole presidency is getting more looney tunes every single day.

Yup. Trump keeps finding new ways to make a mockery of the role. At this point I wouldn't be surprised if he took a literal shit on the original constitution during a press conference sometime in the next few weeks.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Oh boy, there's something coming out publicly soon, isn't there.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
What I would give for Twitter to just deactivate his account

No we've been through this, that's the worst thing to do. Keep him on Twitter, keep letting him stupid statements that will shoot himself in the foot. This is how his Muslim Ban failed, because he called it that on Twitter.

Top Bottom