• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chess wunderkind Trump threatens Comey on Twitter

I'm 29 years old. For as long as I am alive and can vote, I will hold every single member of the GOP responsible for this.

They are un-American, traitors, and inhuman. Every single member of the party that facilitates this or stands by and does nothing is at fault.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
At some point somebody HAS to explain to Trump how airquotes work. Or at least I want to hear him explain them to me. I need to know how he decides what to airquote

So are you investigating me?

Eyes look around - nooooo

Lol why is he mad about this.

The worst part is the Republicans will bring it up like Comey has to answer truthfully to the president no matter what. Comey lied to the president Jesus Trump! The democrats wil say not if he is under investigation and the entire shit show will spin on.

TheOfficeMut

Unconfirmed Member
I imagine Comey must be fuming and lamenting the choices he made during the election. Things are always clearer in hindsight and as low as Trump has gone every single day of his life, he always manages to surprise you in the worst ways possible. Just when you think he can't get worse, he pulls an orange out of his hat.

I pity Comey, I really do. I was terribly upset during the GE when he revealed the email investigation just days before November 8. I took him for a partisan hack who wanted nothing better than to influence the election in Trump's favor. Now, while I am still somewhat reserved about how I should feel about him, I do think that he made genuine mistakes sans the intention of electing Trump.

Now the president, who by all accounts owes it to Comey for how much he positively influenced the election for him, is talking shit on Twitter and threatening to blackmail him, after indecently firing him and having him informed via a television.

That is nuts.

follow up

ICBqyeB.png

I imagine Comey must be fuming and lamenting the choices he made during the election. Things are always clearer in hindsight and as low as Trump has gone every single day of his life, he always manages to surprise you in the worst ways possible. Just when you think he can't get worse, he pulls an orange out of his hat.

I pity Comey, I really do. I was terribly upset during the GE when he revealed the email investigation just days before November 8. I took him for a partisan hack who wanted nothing better than to influence the election in Trump's favor. Now, while I am still somewhat reserved about how I should feel about him, I do think that he made genuine mistakes sans the intention of electing Trump.

Now the president, who by all accounts owes it to Comey for how much he positively influenced the election for him, is talking shit on Twitter and threatening to blackmail him, after indecently firing him and having him informed via a television.

That is nuts.

I still think he was either naive or malicious sending that letter on 11/8 to Jason Chaffetz. Anybody who was paying even a little bit of attention would know that Chaffetz was gonna make that letter public immediately upon receipt.

He also probably should've been fired, but once he revealed the Trump Russia investigation he should've been untouchable.

RPGCrazied

And Republicans will still roll over. Like Paul Ryan did saying he isn't going to respond to every tweet. Will you respond in 2018 when Democrats crush your party? Maybe you should have thought country before party huh?

Lifeline

No we've been through this, that's the worst thing to do. Keep him on Twitter, keep letting him stupid statements that will shoot himself in the foot. This is how his Muslim Ban failed, because he called it that on Twitter.

The more he talks the better it is for the American people. Like him going against the White House reasoning for coneys firing and saying he would have done it anyway.

We should give him his own radio station. Fireside chats part 2.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
follow up

ICBqyeB.png

James Clapper only said he personally hadn't seen it early last year. he absolutely did not say, state or infer that such evidence did not exist. And his panel mate Yates pointedly refused to confirm there was no such evidence. For really obvious reasons.

Lorcain

That would be awesome if the WH literally still used magnetic tape media to illegally record conversations. If it's reel to reel that would be perfect, but I'd accept cassette too. Not micro cassette, that's too modern.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
We should probably contact the FBI about this, suggest they subpoena the tapes. Really light a fire under Trump's ass.

Jesus fuck that's so illegal.

This right here, alone, is impeachable.

I'm honestly still trying to digest and wrap my head around this reality.

Things that would have a President stoned out of office are now completely normal.

What the fuck is going on, what the fuck happened to checks and balances?

Top Bottom