• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chess wunderkind Trump threatens Comey on Twitter

Plz don't impeach him until after the 2018 elections. We need this stink all over everyone for 4 straight years.
This is where I'm kind of at, will the negatives of what he does until 2018 become outweighed if we can gets republicans out of their seats. Also it'd hopefully help for some to realize that the GOP ain't shit but if we impeach beforehand what if the republicans get someone more competent to be president.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Plz don't impeach him until after the 2018 elections. We need this stink all over everyone for 4 straight years.

NAH, fuck that. I'm not willing to put party over country like Rebublicunts. He and anyone colluding with Russia needs to be out ASAP, for the good of the country.

Jakoo

Has someone asked why Trump brought it up in the first place just to say "nothing further to add"?

He is basically stonewalling all of the questions.

Also, LOL at Spicer saying that Trump is such a busy "president" that it's hard for his communications team to stay on track with accurate information. Poor babies!

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Wow so trump may be recording his convos like Nixon? I don't even.....wow lol
More likely he's just bluffing. Even if he had tape, I somehow doubt he got anything incriminating from Comey, or more to the point that it wouldn't be just as incriminating for him as it could potentiall be for Comey. Comey himself seems more than happy for any tapes to be released.

Oersted

My Republican dad says the media is a liberal lie and the FBI and Justice Department are establishment that are afraid of the swamp being drained so they are making up Russia

So that's how Trump supporters are handling it

Establishment is the dumbest and emptiest buzzword.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
I thought that most Presidents record the goings on in the whitehouse. Maybe I'm mistaken but I was under the impression that is was a SOP

C_pFWNTXYAAPsR6.jpg

http://abcnews.go.com/US/comey-furious-lack-respect-white-house-showed-sources/story?id=47367073

Wasn't he "puttering around his yard" the day after he got fired? I thought that was what people do when they want to project the appearance of being relaxed and at ease. Hopefully that calm exterior is in fact masking an inner fury that Comey and the FBI will unleash in a blaze of righteous glory.

It's been pointed out before. There is no good answer to the "tapes" tweet. If Spicer says there aren't any such tapes then that's the WH admitting that Trump blatantly lied. If Spicer says that there ARE such tapes then that's the WH admitting to spying on the the FBI director without any warrant to do so.

Never forget that it's always projection with Trump.

Trump claiming that he was illegally recorded is probably the best indicator that he himself was doing illegal recording.

Trump claiming that he was illegally recorded is probably the best indicator that he himself was doing illegal recording.

Just curious, why is there the assumption that if there are recordings, they were illegal? D.C. has a one-party notification law so my understanding is that either of them could have recorded a conversation between them legally. I'm not picking on you specifically, I'm just seeing a lot of people seemingly assuming it as fact.

Holy shit a reporter just asked

Do you think the president is out of control with the implicit threat against comey with the tweet this morning?

Sean: that's offensive

LMao

BajiBoxer

Banned
I know someone else who had tapes of conversations they'd have with people...

nixontrans-006C626000000258-824_634x433.jpg
Yes. I was just thinking of that. And if Trump is recording conversations like this, by law all those recordings are government property and have to be preserved. This was enacted after Nixon.

My gut feeling though is that it's just an empty threat, and Trump is talking out of his ass again.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
At this point I'm genuinely wondering if Trump took out some kind of Producers style insurance policy against being Impeached and he's getting frustrated at how slow it's going.

Trump probably recorded the convo, knew it was being recorded, said the right things and is going to leak them himself and blame comey

Log4Girlz

At this point I'm genuinely wondering if Trump took out some kind of Producers style insurance policy against being Impeached and he's getting frustrated at how slow it's going.

There's probably some serious Russian dough waiting for him if impeached. Its an astounding amount of damage to our prestige.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
I thought that most Presidents record the goings on in the whitehouse. Maybe I'm mistaken but I was under the impression that is was a SOP

I believe it is, even with single party notification, it's probably a given in all meetings - but the point is that if Trump says Comey said something and confirms there's a tape of it, he'll have to produce that tape to confirm his story. And he probably doesn't want to do that.

This whole thing is astounding.

GusBus

It blows my mind how one tweet has already reshaped the conversation so thoroughly. "The tapes" will be blowing up on every news network/twitter feed for the foreseeable future; an easily digestible idea that continuously impugns Trump's reputation (ala Hillary's "emails").

Koomaster

I honestly doubt there are 'tapes' of any sort. I think Trump just threw that out there more to discredit Comey in the public eye. Sort of a; 'Hey this guy is totally dishonest, I had good reason to fire him, this is the real news wink wink.' All the while not realizing that he was basically threatening/blackmailing Comey with his tweet. Basically Trump being stupid putting his foot in his mouth while laughing up his sleeve as usual.

If there actually ARE tapes; in that unlikely event they probably don't even depict what Trump is suggesting. More than likely he probably remembers conversations wrong or mishears people, or just flat out doesn't comprehend what they are saying. If he asked Comey if he's investigating him, and Comey said something like; 'I wouldn't be allowed to talk about it if I was.' Trump probably took that to mean Comey wasn't investigating him.

If these Tapes exist they probably go to proving Trump wrong and more than likely will have Trump saying something else really stupid and self-incriminating on them. So in a way I hope there are tapes and that he foolishly releases them thinking they say one thing when they really say another.

Top Bottom