• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump threatens to ‘totally destroy’ North Korea.

America's adversaries view NATO as a US led alliance.

Doesn't matter what the reality is, or what you believe. This is how countries like Iran and Russia view NATO

Again, this doesn't matter to America's adversaries. What they see is this.

Once again, America's adversaries didn't see it as Gaddafi slaughtering Libyans, but as Gaddafi "defending himself from terrorists and CIA agents". They see it as a coup launched to remove Gaddafi, and the invasion as the final step.

This is horribly ignorant of North Korea's current thinking.

Lol. You were asking me if I knew about Gadaffi shutting down Libya's WMD programme. Look:

Do you also know that Qaddafi shut down his WMD program in exchange for security from interference by the US and its allies?

Now you're saying "Oh, no, I didn't actually mean that he shut it down for protection, I meant that's just how North Korea see it". Whatever, it's a waste of time whilst you're happily shuffling the goal posts around.

epmode

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...u-s-will-impose-new-sanctions-on-north-korea/

North Korean leader Kim Jong Un reacted angrily to President Trump's speech at the United Nations General Assembly, calling it "unprecedented rude nonsense." The North Korean leader said he will make the U.S. president "pay dearly for his speech calling for totally destroying" North Korea.

"I am now thinking hard about what response he could have expected when he allowed such eccentric words to trip off his tongue," Kim said in a statement released by the state Korean Central News Agency, which also published a photo of the North Korean leader sitting at his desk. "I will surely and definitely tame the mentally deranged U.S. dotard with fire."

This is so dumb.

nasax

Gentlemen, time to settle down and put your dicks back in your trousers.

giphy.gif

Dr.Acula

Banned
"I will surely and definitely tame the mentally deranged U.S. dotard with fire."

You just know the translators translating from Korean to English and from English to Korean are trying their darndest to raise the discourse.

"Loser Rocketman, SAD!"

Uhhhh, "The disturbed leader of NK is acting wantonly."

slider

So when is this total destruction going to happen already.

With Seoul and Tokyo at risk, I'd say (thankfully) no time soon.

Of course, if there's greater belief (and I'm not sure exactly where it is right now) that DPRK can reach the US mainland the calculation would have to change.

Fisty

"We won't be the first ones to strike... But those pussies don't have the balls to even consider attacking the multiple neighboring countries they have threatened. I double dog dare ya, Kim! We have girthy missles twice as big as your flaccid little rockets"

Get this man out of the white house please

Tevious

So when is this total destruction going to happen already.

There's a holiday every year in Korea called Chuseok where most people in South Korea leave Seoul or other cities to visit their families in their hometowns. It's pretty surreal because populated areas suddenly become ghost towns. North Korea celebrates it too, but they don't travel since they either never left their hometowns or can't afford to travel. This year Chuseok vacation is in a little over a week from October 3rd to 6th plus the weekend and another holiday on October 9th. Many people will be leaving as soon as September 30th if they don't have to work on Monday, October 2nd. If the US was ever going to do something, they would probably do it during Chuseok break to minimize casualties. I don't trust Trump to not escalate things, so as a Seoul resident, I'm going to make plans to leave the area just in case something does go down and North Korea decides to shell the city. Normally, if Seoul was ordered to evacuate, that would send red flags to North Korea that something was about to happen, but during Chuseok, most people already leave the city.

Top Bottom