• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump to discontinue Obama policy of voluntarily releasing White House visitor logs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zolo

Not necesarily. Visitors still must sign in by law for obvious security purposes(they can't just stop logging people that come to the WH entirely!).

It's the webpage that voluntarily releases that data to the public that has gone dark and will no longer be updated. Trump still must release that data under court of law, but that requires extra hurdles, time, and resources. Obama released that info to the public voluntarily on the WH website. He had nothing to hide and wanted the public aware of his daily meetings.

It's so blatant how shady and corrupt this admin is. And they have the gall to talk shit about Obama?

I wonder what good this does him if he's still required to release the data under court of law which is the main place I would suspect he wouldn't want it to be.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
I wonder what good this does him if he's still required to release the data under court of law which is the main place I would suspect he wouldn't want it to be.

Time and resources. Bury that info under several layers of bureaucracy and it may stem a few sources from digging outside of the most extreme reasons(and in some cases one may be 'blindly' digging or asking courts if certain visitors are undisclosed as such.) It serves no purpose other than to temporarily hide or keep the public from whatever reasoning he refuses to share. It's obvious this administration gives zero fucks about PR, optics, or image until the pitchforks come out.

$70,000 over three years, lmao. Why even advertise that at all?

Because its literally the only "positive" justification they could spin. There is literally no other excuse available.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
This isn't new news, either. Democrats proposed a MAR-A-LAGO bill that demands transparent logs for both the White House and places like his resorts.

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/03/25/democrats-mar-a-lago-act.html
It was expected, but I don't think the administration ever commented. If I understand everything correctly, now they're passing the time period at which the previous administration would start posting the information, so Trump is formalizing the refusal to continue with that policy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom