• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump to release 2016 taxes? Nope. Those are under audit too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TaterTots

Banned
Why are people still comparing Obama's birth certificate to something as simple as releasing tax returns which every single president has done without issue for like 40 years?

People wanted Obama's certificate because he's brown and has a "suspicious" name. People want Trumps taxes because he won't release them.

Well, I compare it because both delayed the process like they have something to hide, even though I knew fully that the Obama bashing was bullshit(excuse my language). President Obama could have easily released them immediately and been done with it, but nope. Its the same situation with Donald Trump. However, I do feel he has something to hide.

Surfinn

Well, I compare it because both delayed the process like they have something to hide, even though I knew fully that the Obama bashing was bullshit(excuse my language). President Obama could have easily released them immediately and been done with it, but nope. Its the same situation with Donald Trump. However, I do feel he has something to hide.

People are giving you legitimate reasons as to why your comparison is fucking terrible. It's not even close to being the same situation.

It seems like you read those reasons and just said "well, no, but it's the same situation" while providing no counterargument whatsoever

TaterTots

Banned
This is an assinine post which you clearly didn't think through. The two things have zero in common.

Really? Both presidents basically refused to release information to the public. President Obama eventually did after years, but Trump has yet to release this info after a few months. I'd say them not releasing information people wanted is something in common. I understand it is under different circumstances, but it's something people want regardless.

TaterTots

Banned
People are giving you legitimate reasons as to why your comparison is fucking terrible. It's not even close to being the same situation.

It seems like you read those reasons and just said "well, no, but it's the same situation" while providing no counterargument whatsoever

I'd love for you to quote a post that shows these legitimate "reasons why." So far, its just people saying, "bullshit."

Surfinn

Really? Both presidents basically refused to release information to the public. President Obama eventually did after years, but Trump has yet to release this info after a few months. I'd say them not releasing information people wanted is something in common. I understand it is under different circumstances, but it's something people want regardless.

Do you realize there is literally no point in bringing this up though? Because of how incredibly different the situations and contexts are?

I'd love for you to quote a post that shows these legitimate "reasons why." So far, its just people saying, "bullshit."

Why are people still comparing Obama's birth certificate to something as simple as releasing tax returns which every single president has done without issue for like 40 years?

People wanted Obama's certificate because he's brown and has a "suspicious" name. People want Trumps taxes because he won't release them.

He won't release them because.. reasons, even though all other presidents before him did in the past 40 years.

Should I stop responding to you? Cuz you're not even reading my posts and wasting my time

Terrible comparison.

The birth certificate thing was a manufactured controversy taking advantage of diet and not-so-diet racists' preconceived notions. He's black! He had a weird sounding name! He's a dirty foreigner, not one of us!

No president in US history had to "prove" this by releasing their birth certificate. It's such an asinine thing to ask of a president, especially based from a manufactured controversy, that's why he took so long to do it, because the demands were and continue to be idiotic.

This, on the other hand, is a legitimate concern about Trump's extremely skeevy past. Presidents releasing their tax returns has been a thing they do for decades, because you don't want to have presidents with shay business deals that abuses their power for profit. And that's something that Trump is doing RIGHT NOW.

It's been standard practice for presidents/candidates to release their tax returns for the past 40 years. Those who want Trump to release his taxes want him to conform to a decades-long standard we've had for presidents. Trump doesn't want to and makes up bullshit excuses why he isn't (for example, the "under audit" excuse is nonsense because nothing about being under audit prevents him from releasing his taxes, and past presidents have released returns while being under audit).

It was never standard practice for presidents to release their birth certificates. Those who wanted Obama to release his birth certificate did so because of a baseless, racist conspiracy theory, and they wanted to hold him, and him alone, to this standard. Obama didn't want to release his certificate initially because he didn't want to give in to, again, a baseless, racist conspiracy theory.

Firstly he didn't release it because it was RACIST AS FUCK to ask for it. Then when it got ridiculous (after people had seen both the short form AND A FUCKING BIRTH ANNOUNCEMENT IN THE GODDAMNED PAPER) he authorized the state of Hawaii to release the long form to appease stupid racists who wouldn't let him take the high ground.

Meanwhile America still waits for you to explain why these things are comparable.

If you don't wanna read my posts at least read these and educate yourself

People said the same thing about Obama's birth certificate. To us, he is obviously American, but he did delay it for a bit which raised suspicion.

Terrible comparison.

The birth certificate thing was a manufactured controversy taking advantage of diet and not-so-diet racists' preconceived notions. He's black! He had a weird sounding name! He's a dirty foreigner, not one of us!

No president in US history had to "prove" this by releasing their birth certificate. It's such an asinine thing to ask of a president, especially based from a manufactured controversy, that's why he took so long to do it, because the demands were and continue to be idiotic.

This, on the other hand, is a legitimate concern about Trump's extremely skeevy past. Presidents releasing their tax returns has been a thing they do for decades, because you don't want to have presidents with shay business deals that abuses their power for profit. And that's something that Trump is doing RIGHT NOW.

It's been standard practice for presidents/candidates to release their tax returns for the past 40 years. Those who want Trump to release his taxes want him to conform to a decades-long standard we've had for presidents. Trump doesn't want to and makes up bullshit excuses why he isn't (for example, the "under audit" excuse is nonsense because nothing about being under audit prevents him from releasing his taxes, and past presidents have released returns while being under audit).

It was never standard practice for presidents to release their birth certificates. Those who wanted Obama to release his birth certificate did so because of a baseless, racist conspiracy theory, and they wanted to hold him, and him alone, to this standard. Obama didn't want to release his certificate initially because he didn't want to give in to, again, a baseless, racist conspiracy theory.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Firstly he didn't release it because it was RACIST AS FUCK to ask for it. Then when it got ridiculous (after people had seen both the short form AND A FUCKING BIRTH ANNOUNCEMENT IN THE GODDAMNED PAPER) he authorized the state of Hawaii to release the long form to appease stupid racists who wouldn't let him take the high ground.

Meanwhile America still waits for you to explain why these things are comparable.

Cherry picking a poll that was favorable. They basically call older voters who like trump already.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/04/17/politics/trump-approval-rating-rasmussen/index.html

It KILLS me that he's bragging about a shaky, cherry picked 50% approval rating.

This is everyone else at 100 days (source):

1953 Apr. 19-24 Dwight D. Eisenhower 73
1961 Apr. 28-May 3 John Kennedy 83
1969 May 1-6 Richard Nixon 62
1977 Apr. 29-May 2 Jimmy Carter 63
1981 May 8-11 Ronald Reagan 68
1989 May 4-7 George Bush 56
1993 Apr. 22-24 William J. Clinton 55
2001 Apr. 20-22 George W. Bush 62
2009 Apr. 28-30 Barack Obama 65

Nice work, Don!

Surfinn

It KILLS me that he's bragging about a shaky, cherry picked 50% approval rating.

This is everyone else at 100 days (source):

1953 Apr. 19-24 Dwight D. Eisenhower 73
1961 Apr. 28-May 3 John Kennedy 83
1969 May 1-6 Richard Nixon 62
1977 Apr. 29-May 2 Jimmy Carter 63
1981 May 8-11 Ronald Reagan 68
1989 May 4-7 George Bush 56
1993 Apr. 22-24 William J. Clinton 55
2001 Apr. 20-22 George W. Bush 62
2009 Apr. 28-30 Barack Obama 65

Nice work, Don!

So what's his real approval rating at?

And wow at those comparisons

Trumps tax returns are the new Obama birth certificate. Trump did release tax returns, but they were from years ago.

EDIT; He didn't release them, it was leaked.

Only a small portion from 1995 and 2005 were leaked. And if you think those two things are remotely similar, seek help

For some reason, americans love it when the President goes on the warpath. At least for a little bit til they realize the consequences.

Nothing like a meaningless fireworks show in Syria to distract attention from his train wreck of a presidency. The press mostly fell for it too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom