• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump's extreme oligarchy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mimosa97

I remember watching the American documentary series "the story of us" and being appalled. The people they brought on the show as examples of great Americans were not great people or scientific minds. It was the rich mostly. People that made money off others like those pawn star guys.

This is America. Be proud! This is what you should aspire to be!

Gross.

This is why i would rather read books about roosevelt, lincoln, feynman, MLK etc... than watch those stupid programs that keep glorifying people whose only goal on life was to hoard as much money as they could. I'm not american but there were a lot of great men who helped to shape america. People like JP Morgan and sam walton aren't what i would call great american heroes even though i bet most americans would disagree with me.

DarkKyo

I mean.. this is the American government's latent power structure from the last four decades made manifest into flesh and blood for the new century. In a sense it's not surprising at all that this is what we've become. I mean, why hide the power and money behind the politicians anymore when the people will vote the money directly into office?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom