• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump's Lawyers try a new brilliant* strategy: Cooperate with Mueller(*not brilliant)

Loxley

Thing is, I think that when Trump tells his crack legal team that he's done nothing wrong, he genuinely believes it. Like, from his perspective, anything that Mueller's team may find that would be viewed as crime, Trump honestly believes he wasn't doing anything bad. He's that fucking dumb. That or he's such an unbelievable narcissist that he feels he should be allowed to get away with whatever he wants because he's Donald Trump. Probably both.

I mean, this is a man who openly admitted to avoiding paying taxes and that doing so made him smart. The lines between legal and illegal in Trumpworld are blurred beyond belief.

bomma_man

Honestly it's his own fault if what this article says is true.

You don't lie to your fucking attorneys. You're paying them as much as you are so you don't have to, and so they can lie to everyone else for you.

Clients that lie are the fucking worst. Flushing their money down the toilet and making themselves and their counsel look fucking stupid.

Shoeless

I'm fairly certain that in Trump's mind, he genuinely believes he did no wrong. Then again, his definition of "wrong" seems to be, if you're caught and punished it for it, then you're wrong, or, at the very least, being harassed by someone else with an ax to grind.

That quote of his that using tax loopholes to pay less than he should have on tax making him smart, not unethical is all you need to know about his moral boundaries. He could very well his lawyers "I did nothing wrong," and 100% believe it, because he got away with it.

Zolo

Thing is, I think that when Trump tells his crack legal team that he's done nothing wrong, he genuinely believes it. Like, from his perspective, anything that Mueller's team may find that would be viewed as crime, Trump honestly believes he wasn't doing anything bad. He's that fucking dumb. That or he's such an unbelievable narcissist that he feels he should be allowed to get away with whatever he wants because he's Donald Trump. Probably both.

I mean, this is a man who openly admitted to avoiding paying taxes and that doing so made him smart. The lines between legal and illegal in Trumpworld are blurred beyond belief.

Trump knows (mostly) what's legal and illegal. He just doesn't consider it bad or at least worse than what his opposition is doing.

Yudoken

It's amazing how Drumpf is still somehow president with those lawyers.
How did he not grt disqualified, laughed and booed down the stage after ones of his many, many countless shitty wrongdoings and reveals?
He does not have any shame or normal human common sense, he's an entitled little racist prick who did not work and think once for his life because he always had the money and influence from his daddy.
Shows how broken the american justice system and government really is.

South Korea showed how it's done with their president in a short amount of time for her cult stuff which is laughable small in comparison what the Drumpf, his family and associates and republicans.

I hope we see the Drumpf family and everything that has to donwith them in jail for decades and their assets and wealth at least halfed as punishment so people do not do it again but who am I kidding, nothing happens and they're not even getting charged at all so what does all the evidence do if the justice system in the us is basically not existent or working so slow that it's basically useless?

It's like not stopping a terrorists who do multiple attacks a week openly on TV. He's supporting those racist terrorist groups and their movement. C'mon, something needs to happen now.

Part of the reason that I'm not that concerned about the Trump White House is that they're just so damn incompetent. I mean, some of the stuff that they do is stupid nonsense that even eight year olds know not to do, and eight year olds are glorified monkeys.

FyreWulff

They're really desperate for someone to say that Trump is (currently) not under investigation so they can use it as a crowbar against an investigation when they actually do go to look at his stuff.

This actually seems like a smart strategy.

Give Mueller everything and then some, in fact help him find all the evidence, get the entire inquiry over and the findings locked in while the GOP controls the House and the Senate. Have Trump pardon everybody while Congress refuses to act. Boom, problem solved.

Which is why Mueller is already working with the states to likely bring state charges to counter Trump doing that. He knows he's dealing with someone that doesn't care about the long lasting effects of his actions on the government process.

Top Bottom