• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trying to learn German. Please save me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koozek

but it's the only logical pronunciation!!! it's der spiel(e)würfel (lit. translation for gamecube) so why not der gamecube as well?
Of course I know that you use the article of the translated English words, but I can't really explain why "die GameCube" felt more natural to me back then. But, well, I could ask you the same question about the "der N64" in the post I was replying to, as the number 64 has a feminine article ("die Vierundsechzig") :p

Die Playstation, der Super Nintendo, der N64, die Xbox

Sagst du auch "die Müller" oder "die DM", nur weil es sich um Drogerien handelt? ;)

My point wasn't that I use "die" for all of them because of their being a console. I just noted that I've always used it the most.

And why is it "der Super Nintendo" when it should be "das" because of the "system" ("das System")? And why "der N64", when, like I said above, it's "die Vierundsechzig"? Anyway, I'll probably keep on saying "die SNES/N64" out of habit, heh.

oti

Banned
You should watch Teenager werden Mütter or alternatively have three sisters who tell you all about it whether you want to or not. Have you heard that Janine thought America is a city? Classic Janine lol!

My sister was really into talkshows. I never understood why anyone would watch that crap but she loved it. Even worse was Talk Talk Talk, a show about Talk Shows with "highlight reels". I hate television so much.

Of course I know that you use the article of the translated English words, but I can't really explain why "die GameCube" felt more natural to me back then. But, well, I could ask you the same question about the "der N64" in the post I was replying to, as the number 64 has a feminine article ("die Vierundsechzig") :p

My point wasn't that I use "die" for all of them because of their being a console. I just noted that I've always used it the most.

haha yeah, it's all in good fun. Heck, I don't even remember how I called the N64 if it was der or die. But right now I'm leaning more towards der N64 x)

scamander

Banned
I hate television so much.

You can hate it the other 364 (365) days a year, but not today!

eurovision2-gif.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom