• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tsukihime Remake is getting a localization, releasing 2024 on PS4 and Switch

killatopak

YES!

However, the remake doesn’t delve into the far side of the moon doesn’t it? Just Arcueid and Ciel?

Paltheos

I really wish type/moon had released this on PC too. Not releasing one of the most famous VNs ever on the VN-platform feels wrong (also I want it).

That's nice. Waiting for an Ufotable anime as far as I am concerned.

Would be neat but I think the studio is too busy making the entirely too successful Demon Slayer series right now.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
Been waiting for an official release of this for well... you know awhile...

I have fond memories of the original, gotta love the route openings.

Last edited:
The absolute madmen announced this after the fan translation was recently completed and released.

I think it will be interesting to compare the fan translation, which is extremely polished and well done, with this upcoming official translation. The official Mahoyo release had a lot of awkward sentences and grammar errors. I wouldn't be surprised if the fan translation proves to be better then the official one.

I will end up buying the official release to at least offer what modicum of support I can, in the hopes that sometime in 2030 I'll be able to also read the second half of the remake.

YES!

However, the remake doesn’t delve into the far side of the moon doesn’t it? Just Arcueid and Ciel?
"a piece of blue glass moon" is just the 2 near side routes yes

The upcoming "the other side of red garden" will cover the 3 far side routes plus the fabled Satsuki route

This means there's going to be a total of 4 routes coming up, that's why I'm only half joking when I say I look forward to reading them in 2030

STARSBarry

Gold Member
So I plan on buying this on release (hoping for pysical releasd) but the issue is...

jBenDCL.png

The full English fan patch dropped for Switch already, also I can't go through the scene above without immediately thinking of...

Really changes the tone of the scene for me.

Last edited:

KungFucius

King Snowflake
It's a non hardware demanding game. Making a PS4 version covers both PS4 and PS5 install bases and greatly reduces porting/development costs.
Still it loses a lot of exposure to PS5 owners. Not sure this is the type of game where that matters though.

Amazon has pages up for the PS4 and Switch versions. Not avaliable for preorder yet, but it does detail what's included in the limited edition (sounds similar to what we got with Witch on the Holy Night).

• TSUKIHIME -A piece of blue glass moon- collects the two tales that make up the "Near Side of the Moon" portion of the original Tsukihime: Arcueid's scenario, "Moon Princess," and Ciel's scenario, "Midnight Rainbow."
  • Creator Kinoko Nasu has painstakingly disassembled and rebuilt the story, updating the setting to 2010s Tokyo and expanding the narrative. This reimagined presentation will exhilarate players with its hard-hitting tension and realism.
  • Featuring beautifully evolved visuals, animations, and music, TSUKIHIME -A piece of blue glass moon- presents a fresh take on TYPE-MOON's genre-defining classic.
  • LIMITED EDITION includes: TSUKIHIME -A piece of blue glass moon- GAME, Special material book “TSUKIHIME MaterialⅠ-material of blue glass moon-“, and Collector’s Box

Last edited:
Damn, they raised the price over what Mahoyo cost. They know people want it now LMAO

June 30th? That's later than I guessed it would be released.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
So I plan on buying this on release (hoping for pysical releasd) but the issue is...

jBenDCL.png

The full English fan patch dropped for Switch already, also I can't go through the scene above without immediately thinking of...

Really changes the tone of the scene for me.

That scene was to weird to me.

I guess it's no longer surprising, but it's ridiculous even the dumb swag items are no longer safe from Sony. If it wasn't for backwards compatibility and certain niche releases, such as arcade shooters, I'd regret having bought the PS5 (early-to-mid PS4 were at least better times).

::edit::
Man, I forgot Aniplex was the game's publisher. Even if it's ultimately only the artbook, it's so odd to think SIE is forcing one of their own divisions to alter a product that they're also selling uncensored on a competing platform. Weird times...

Last edited:

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
I guess it's no longer surprising, but it's ridiculous even the dumb swag items are no longer safe from Sony. If it wasn't for backwards compatibility and certain niche releases, such as arcade shooters, I'd regret having bought the PS5 (early-to-mid PS4 were at least better times).

And we have another thread where people are bending over backwards trying to claim Sony isn't pushing idiotic censorship. Would be hilarious if it wasn't so sad.

And we have another thread where people are bending over backwards trying to claim Sony isn't pushing idiotic censorship. Would be hilarious if it wasn't so sad.
There's now more than a precedent for Sony's content intervention, going back to the mid-PS4 era, and even some of their people have admitted to the company's content policy. Still, people tend to varying degrees identify with the things they purchase; no one really wants to be sided with the content police--better to try and hand-wave or delegitimize the issue, rather than accepting something sucks.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
There's now more than a precedent for Sony's content intervention, going back to the mid-PS4 era, and even some of their people have admitted to the company's content policy. Still, people tend to varying degrees identify with the things they purchase; no one really wants to be sided with the content police--better to try and hand-wave or delegitimize the issue, rather than accepting something sucks.

Yep. When in reality it doesn't help anyone. Fight back against it and we can have more artistic freedom on the platform. There is no reason that censorship like this should be acceptable.

So, this might be what's getting "modified" in the art book.

On balance-- the pages that will be censored are likely the Elesia ones, which have her 1) completely nude and 2) explicitly state that she is 12 years old in that art in the same entry. Now, that being the design of a 12 year old is patently absurd, but it is what's written in the book. If they're going to get rid of anything, it's easy to see why that specifically had to go.

Which I can kinda see. Just hilarious that Nintendo apparently gives no fucks and left it as is.

Last edited:

GHound

Fuck Sony. I'm so fucking fed up with their shit, no wonder the western release of the Fate/stay night remaster is only getting released on Switch and PC.
This was one of only two things I actually had on pre-order for this year, absolutely fucking ridiculous the retarded shit this company keeps pulling.

Last edited:
It's really funny the way corporations engage in hardcore moralizing, thought control and censorship.

And not a peep from the left that this is bad of course, in fact, you're just an incel, neckbeard, basement dweller gooner if you care about lame concepts like "freedom of speech", p'shaw, who needs that!

Top Bottom