• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tulsi Gabbard meets with war criminal Bashar Al-Assad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
Overthrowing dictators has always worked out fine, historically

So instead of talking with Assad we should probably just kill him

/s

PranooY

Tulsi Gabbard loves herself some Modi (note: Modi killed 800 Muslims citizens as mayor of an Indian city) so I'm guessing she's a Hindu nationalist because only a Hindu nationalist would be that nuts and this support for secular dictators certainly points to an anti-Islam stance that seems to suggest that too.

So, yep.
He was the Chief Minister (Similar to Governor of an US state) of a state, when the communal riots happened. He was accused of not doing enough to stop the riots. He was cleared by the Supreme Court at a later time.

You need to do some research before stating things as facts.
Also Hindu Nationalism? Really?. Haha.

Chairman Yang

if he talks about books, you better damn well listen
If she were only an atheist edgelord that would be one thing, but if you read through the thread you will see her issues are more than that.
I haven't seen that, personally. I've seen ItWasMeantToBe posting lots of crazy stuff and making bizarre assertions like Gabbard being a secret fanatic Hindu nationalist and that's why she loves Assad and is against jihadist groups.

I think she does have issues; I just haven't seen much reasonable discussion of that in this thread.

I haven't seen that, personally. I've seen ItWasMeantToBe posting lots of crazy stuff and making bizarre assertions like Gabbard being a secret fanatic Hindu nationalist and that's why she loves Assad and is against jihadist groups.

I think she does have issues; I just haven't seen much reasonable discussion of that in this thread.

I'm going to infer strong hatred of Muslims and love for Modi as evidence of Hindu nationalism. It's like if you hated Muslims and thought that Christian extremists were great, I would assume you were a Christian extremist.

Gabbard tried to block refugees from Syria from entering the United States for fucks sake.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/jan/26/tulsi-gabbard-bashar-al-assad-syria-democrats

Hmm, how blatant could they actually make the connection though? I me-

150px-Logo_of_the_Syrian_Social_Nationalist_Party.svg.png

Hmm, the "Social Nationalists" party that represents itself with a reversed Swastika and the party started in 1932.....

The party also attempted to commit a terror attack in the United States.

http://www.nytimes.com/1988/05/18/world/us-links-men-in-bomb-case-to-lebanon-terrorist-group.html

Someone in Hawaii please run against this woman.

Tulsi 2020! She's a rising Democratic star.

Christ this woman is a bad joke that never gets to the punchline. But I guess we all have to pretend she's funny because she supported Bernie Sanders ya know.

Chairman Yang

if he talks about books, you better damn well listen
I'm going to infer strong hatred of Muslims and love for Modi as evidence of Hindu nationalism. It's like if you hated Muslims and thought that Christian extremists were great, I would assume you were a Christian extremist.
That's like me reading your posts about Syria and assuming you're a Sunni Muslim extremist. There are plenty of facts you can try to use to attack Gabbard's position on Assad with; you don't need to draw in identity politics and hunt for sinister hidden motives.

Gabbard tried to block refugees from Syria from entering the United States for fucks sake.
This is the type of criticism you should stick to, in my opinion. It definitely seems like Gabbard is a DINO on lots of issues.

He was the Chief Minister (Similar to Governor of an US state) of a state, when the communal riots happened. He was accused of not doing enough to stop the riots. He was cleared by the Supreme Court at a later time.

You need to do some research before stating things as facts.
Also Hindu Nationalism? Really?. Haha.

Are you trying to say that the BJP aren't Hindu Nationalists?

I want to hear this argument...

Vagabundo

Of course people have to work with Assad to get peace in Syria. Removing him isn't really an option at this point, but you dont have to become a cheerleader for the bastard.

gobshite.

Sijil

Republicans shook hands with Saddam Hussein as he slaughtered and gassed Iranians en mass in their push for regime change back in the 80's, they turned a blind eye when Saddam slaughtered 200k Shia Iraqis back in 1991.

Obama turns a blind eye to Yemen genocide and Bahrain occupation by the Saudis.

My point is, anyone expecting morals or ethics to drive foreign relations policies of the USA is fooling themselves. The republicans massacred the Iraqis while the Democrats starved them to death, and they both deal with war criminals.

vivekTO

Op what have to "Hindu Nationalism" Have to do with This thing , May be i am in the Dark , Can you shed some light how you are saying Its as bad as Islamic extremism.

What is actually "Hindu Nationalism"?

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
If she were only an atheist edgelord that would be one thing, but if you read through the thread you will see her issues are more than that.

Islam provides us our modern 'terrorist' threat and Christianity provides us Donald goddamn Trump. Stop trying to obfuscate reality to protect your delusions.

I'm tired of this "atheist edgelord" bullshit. I'm tired of being told that my recognition of the reality of religious oppression is somehow holding us back from progress.

This thread and its contents are fucking nonsense.

Also please remember are talking about the woman who refused to denounce Steve Bannon

Sounds like she registered as a Democrat due to the district she's situated in, not because she actually has liberal convictions. The more I read about her, the more she sounds like a good fit for the Trump administration.

ISOM

I really hope Democrats don't think she's a viable candidate to anything in the future. She's about as DINO as it gets.

Yeah, supporting Assad's replacement by far-right Islamists is much more progressive.

----

Anyway there is rumors going around that Assad might've suffered a stroke of some sort

even going as far as claiming that he is dead

it started around Jan 23rd but then gained momentum as more and more pieces started coming in about the news

around Jan 28th was when people switched it from coma to him being dead

oddly enough the Regime's Facebook page tried and refuted the news but didn't have Assad himself deny the claims

apparently recently Damascus is on high alert

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-pressure-vladimir-putin-russia-a7551506.html
https://twitter.com/kasimf/status/825759620077608960
https://www.middleeastmonitor.com/2...ssad-suffered-a-stroke/#.WIyRy6UFLak.facebook

not making a thread on it since it is rumors right now but it seems instead of dying down and fizzling out we are instead are getting more information via other sources

legacyzero

Banned
Tulsi 2020! She's a rising Democratic star.

Christ this woman is a bad joke that never gets to the punchline. But I guess we all have to pretend she's funny because she supported Bernie Sanders ya know.

Nobody is saying that at all, and your continued comments against Sanders supporters is pretty telling.

Of course people should criticize the fuck out of her. Even Sanders supporters.

Nobody is saying that at all, and your continued comments against Sanders supporters is pretty telling.

Of course people should criticize the fuck out of her. Even Sanders supporters.

Telling of what?

You are coming out against her and I give you much credit for that.

Fact is though Tulsi Gabbard has done fuck all of note except endorse Sanders and well now this...

It is undeniable that she has gotten a free pass and hell free press by many Sanders supporters...

Talk around here frequently was about her being a future star of the party and that only comes from one thing....

LordOfChaos

"Whatever you think about President Assad, the fact is that he is the president of Syria," Gabbard replied. "In order for any possibility of a viable peace agreement to occur, there has to be a conversation with him."

I mean...I can't really disagree...

How is this tied to hindu nationalism? I'm confused at the comment, what's the relation apart from Tulsi being of a Hindu background? How does one be a Hindu nationalist while working for a non-Hindu country, the States?

I mean...I can't really disagree...

How is this tied to hindu nationalism? I'm confused at the comment, what's the relation apart from Tulsi being of a Hindu background? How does one be a Hindu nationalist while working for a non-Hindu country, the States?

Debatable, but not from her.

LordOfChaos

Debatable, but not from her.

I'm not at all familiar with her which may be why the OP is so confusing, but seeing it come from someone who is a complete blank to me doesn't seem that bad. Assad is a huge piece of shit, but ceasefires have to be negotiated. Saving human lives > some theoretical high ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom