• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Turn-based Tactical RPG The Lamplighters League (Xbox, PC) by Harebrained Schemes

Are all modern games going to have Fortnite looking characters? Other than that the small gameplay bits in the trailer, visually look a bit too good to be true. Will keep an eye out on it tho, as I like turn based stuff.

Bridges

I guess we are in an era where turn based tactical rpg games are more popular than action games. Don't get me wrong, I love this genre, but this is very surprising.
I think XCOM: Enemy Unknown really opened up a lot of people to the genre. I can't even keep up anymore with new tactics releases, just finished up Midnight Suns and still have Rabbids 2 and Fire Emblem Engage to get to.

Really exciting times

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Last edited:

Vlodril

Gameplay wise it looks interesting but that art is bleh. Their previous games (battletech and shadowrun) were far better in that aspect.

Spitfire098

Is this a moneyhat?
Confused Kid Cudi GIF by Apple Music

Last edited:

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
They did the Shadowrun Trilogy, and Battletech. All competent games.

That is the definition of "faint praise."

. . . and BT is fantastic. Looking at the gameplay, this looks like a evolution of the gameplay in BT and I'm all for it.

Also digging the character design, which has far more "character" than BT (which was all about the mechs anyway).

Only seconds into the video and I already hate the dialogue. It's clear the success of Marvel super hero movies will have a long term effect on media for years to come.
The Ghostbusters 2016 effect.

Yes. The MCU invented snappy dialogue between characters.

Last edited:

Gp1

I'm a huge fan of anything Battletech related and that game was awesome.
Gameplay-wise it sounds a lot like the second XCom 2 but this art style... meh....

Last edited:
Yo Harebrained, since we got console ports for the Shadowrun trilogy can you PLEASE port your awesome Battletech game as well?

Top Bottom